Unsaid Words III

Breaking Boundaries

Ji Won’s POV

 

“Amber, say something,” I told her as I squeezed her hand that I had been aching to touch for so long but I got hurt and disappointed when she tucked her hands inside her pockets. You’re hurting me, Amber Liu. Don’t you know that?

 

“I don’t know what to say,” she simply replied without meeting my gaze. Amber felt so different right now that I didn’t know if she’s the same Amber that I loved four years ago. Yes, I fell in love with her while I was still in a relationship with the virtual Yi Yun but I tried to push that feeling away, afraid of what other people would say.

 

But I didn’t care anymore; I just confessed my love for Amber in front of many people whether they like the idea or not. I did expect some mocks and murmurs but I wasn’t expecting to be slapped by someone claiming that she’s Amber’s boss/girlfriend’s sister. Amber having a girlfriend, I wasn’t expecting that either. I got too focused on confessing my love and bringing Amber back into my life.

 

“Did you give up on me already?” I couldn’t help but ask. My heart was overflowing with pain, hopelessness and grief over the thought that she’s happily in love with someone else.

 

“It’s not that I gave up on you,” Amber finally answered in the same cold serious tone that I missed, gazing at me with her cold set of eyes. “But I just learned to accept the fact that you couldn’t forgive what I did to you. I was sorry for being a coward before, Ji Won-shi and I still feel sorry until now.”

 

“But you’re forgiven already, Amber,” I told her straight into the eyes to let her know how sincere I was. No more hatred, just regrets, regrets of wasting four years of my life hurting both Amber and myself. “We’re both cowards, Am. If only I had told you what I felt before, we’re probably happy together now,” I said in a cracking tone, avoiding my tears to burst out.

 

She replied with a weak smile and touched my hand this time. “Yes, maybe if we both took a risk before, we could have ended up together. But Ji Won-shi, I don’t blame you for not taking that risk; I’m actually thankful for that,” Amber told me, holding my hands tighter this time. “Because if you did, I might not have found the person who could give me true happiness.” Her words pierced my heart dead as tears started to wet my eyes. “And Ji Won, I wish you the same happi—

 

“Amber, will it be too much if I ask you to be with me?” I asked her in full desperation hoping that she would change her mind. She couldn’t possibly love anyone else more than me. Amber loved me more than herself, more than her life; I knew she messed up after we parted our ways and was even rumoured to drop out of school. But I was just too angry to care about her during those times.

 

“Jiwonnie,” I was surprised when she called me with that name again. Her hands were cupping my face and gently wiping my tears away. “We could still start over again as friends. But more than that, I’m afraid there’s no more chance. I’m sorry,” she told as she pulled me in a warm embrace.

 

My tears broke out the moment Amber wrapped her arms around me and I felt no single sign of love anymore. I cried so hard on her shoulder until my chest tightened and I couldn’t breathe anymore. I gasped for air when my body stiffened as I ran out of oxygen. My head felt heavy, my knees got weak like jelly and I knew what’s going to happen next.

 

Amber’s POV

 

Kim Ji Won just broke her boundaries by proudly stating her love for me in front of everyone. She just uttered the words I’ve been aching to hear these past two years, making my heart overwhelmed and confused at the same time. I’ve waited for this for so long, now it just finally happened like a dream come true. Her heartfelt confession disrupted my mind’s stability. I just went crazy that I even defended her in front of Jessica. Amber Liu, you can’t be wavering now, right? You have no feelings for Kim Ji Won anymore, right?

 

And I found peace at the thought of Krystal, the girl whom I love with all my heart, life and soul. That jealous girlfriend of mine would probably send an all out war tomorrow when she heard what happened from her sister.

 

As soon as Yuri dragged Jessie noona out of Tresto, I brought Ji Won to the bar’s rooftop where we used to scream our hearts out when we’re drunk, the same place where we had the disheartening conversation two years ago. This time, Ji Won was the one who apologized for being a coward. I couldn’t blame her; we were both afraid to gamble our hearts and be hurt in the end.

 

“Amber, will it be too much if I ask you to be with me?” she asked me. I had always wished her to come back to me even just as a friend but I got tired of wishing the same thing for two years; now it’s Ji Won herself who was asking me to stay. Sorry, Jiwonnie. But you’re two years late.

 

I pulled her into a hug to let her know how sorry I was while she poured all her tears on my shoulder until I felt her body collapsed in my arms. The sight of the unconscious Ji Won with pale face and dry lips brought me extreme fear.

 

“Ji Won! Kim Ji Won!” I tried to wake her up but she’s not answering. “Ottoke? Ji Won! Please wake up! Anyone, please help!” Trembling, I brought Ji Won down and out of Tresto and brought her immediately to the nearest hospital.

 

“Hold on, Ji Won-shi. Please hold on,” I cried as the nurses took her in the emergency room and I was left outside, frustrated and didn’t know what to do.

 

Minho’s POV

 

*ring* *ring*

 

I was busy playing League of Legends when I received a call from my bestfriend. “Aish. Why is this dinosaur calling, it’s past midnight already.” Thinking that it was something important, I immediately withdrew from the game and turned my laptop off. “Yah, Ambro! What the hell?” I told her as soon as I picked up the call, she was weeping from the other line.

 

“Kim J-Ji W-Won in the ER. She—she c-collapsed and then here. O-ottoke?” Amber worriedly said between her sobs that it struck me. It was indeed an emergency.

 

“Where are you, Amber?! I’m coming!” I told her as I changed into jeans and put over a trench coat.

 

“H-Hankook H-Hospital,” she weakly replied.  I didn’t hesitate anymore and drove straight to where my bestfriend was. Kim Ji Won? She met with Kim Ji Won? I arrived at the hospital and found Amber waiting outside the emergency room, staring blankly at the wall.

 

“What happened to Ji Won? Did you meet her?” I asked my bestfriend who looked weak after crying for so long. Amber just replied with a nod and sulked back on her seat. “But what happened? Why is she in there? Did you guys fight and you hit her?”

 

Just in time, a middle-aged doctor went out of the ER and Amber hurriedly walked towards him. “Is she okay? What happened to her? Is she awake now? Can I meet her?” Amber continuously asked. She looked really worried about Ji Won. Does this mean that this dinosaur still loves that b*tch?

 

“How are you related to the patient?” the doctor asked.

 

“Uhmm she’s my...girlfriend. What happened to her, doc? Please tell me.”

 

I was surprised by what Amber said. Girlfriend? They’re together? Impossible! What about Krystal?

 

“Is that so? I think you should show her your love these coming days, kid. Your girlfriend, she has cardiomyopathy.  The patient needs immediate surgery or she might not make it,” the doctor said. “Please contact her family. We have to perform the surgery as soon as possible.”

 

I saw how Amber fell back on her seat. Even I couldn’t believe what I heard. Ji Won might look so thin and unhealthy but I never thought that she was sick.

 

“I’ll contact them. But please, perform the surgery on her now,” Amber begged.

 

“Kid, someone has to pay the medical fees first before anything else.”

 

“How much will the surgery cost?” I asked; I knew Amber didn’t have the strength to ask further.

 

“That would be a hundred thousand dollars excluding the hospital fees, medicines and therapy. Please contact us as soon as you paid the downpayment,” the doctor said then left.

 

Knowing Ji Won’s family, I knew they didn’t have the capacity to pay for the hospital bills and if we really wanted to save her, only Amber and I could help each other to come up with that money.

 

But I knew Amber herself could come up with it in just a ‘yes’.

 

Amber’s POV

 

Ji Won was transferred to the ICU and her family came an hour later after I called them. I got my second slap of the night from her mom who was crying nonstop. But when Mr. and Mrs. Kim heard how much money they needed to save the life of their third daughter, they both set aside their prides and begged me on their knees.

 

“Please save our daughter. We’re begging you, Amber. Please save our Ji Won,” Ji Won’s mom cried. Of course any parent would do anything for their child; they would even kneel before the person they despised the most.

 

I couldn’t let Ji Won die, Ahjumma. I’ll do everything to save her.

 

I walked away from them to make several calls. Jackie noona was the only person I could think of right now so I called to tell her Ji Won’s situation. But she told me that she couldn’t send that large amount of money to my account without being caught by our parents.

 

“Just say ‘yes’ to dad, Yi Yun. He’ll give you the money you needed,” she advised.

 

Do I look like I have a choice?

 

And I made a request to my father for the first time in three years. He sent the money to my account in just a snap and we were able to schedule Ji Won’s operation; but of course, it’s not for free.

 

“You don’t have to do this, Am,” my bestfriend told me. I was glad that he came to stand by me.

 

“It’s a life that we’re talking about, Minho-yah. You know I can’t just stand here when I know that I can do something about it,” I replied with a faint smile. “Ji Won loves me, bro.”

 

“Until now? So she hasn’t moved on from you yet,” he told me, making me wrinkle my eyebrows at him. What the hell is this guy saying? “Yah, don’t tell me that you didn’t know her feelings for you?”

 

I glared at him in disbelief. “You knew? Don’t tell me you knew all this time and you didn’t tell me?!” So my bestfriend knew that Ji Won loves me but he didn’t tell me at all??

 

“I thought you knew already!” he defended.

 

“No! You should have told me, you idiot!” I snapped at him. Seriously? Is this guy really my bestfriend? How can he not tell me such an important thing?!

 

“Is it my fault that you were too dense? Everyone knew that you were in love with each other!” Sometimes I hate myself for being so stupid. “But shouldn’t you be thankful that I didn’t tell you? If I did, you probably won’t meet Krystal,” he told me, reminding me of my girlfriend who might be waiting for my goodnight call.

 

“Aish. Why did you also mention Krystal just now? She’ll kill me for sure!” I pulled my phone out and found my inbox flooded by my girlfriend’s messages so I sent her one instead.

 

To Krystal:

Baby, have a goodnight sleep and dream of me. I love you. :*

 

“Oh, I- I’m sorry,” I apologized towards my bestfriend who had feelings for Krystal. “W-We j-just got back t-together, bro.”

 

I was relieved to see Minho’s unaffected face like he didn’t feel jealous at all and just smiled at me. “It’s okay, bro. I’m beginning to like someone else now.”

 

What do I expect? My bestfriend falls in and out of love so fast. I wonder who the new girl is. “Who’s the lucky girl this time, bro?”

 

“Why should I tell you? What if you snatch her away from me again?” he replied.

 

“Fine. It’s like that I’m not aware that you’re hitting on Sulli,” I told him, making his eyes widened. Gotcha! “It’s just a wild guess, dude. Why do you look so guilty?” I . Of course I saw how he looked at Sulli while she danced Yoona’s IGAB part on my birthday celebration.

 

“Damn it! Just don’t snatch her away from me this time!” he hissed and I just grinned at him.

 

*ring* *ring*

 

Krystal calling... Oh sh*t. May I rest in peace.