Lunch Date

Breaking Boundaries

 

Amber’s POV

 

Planning a date on the spot was really hard especially when you’re going with someone you really like. I was so conscious whether she would like to eat here or there, what kind of food would suit her taste, etc. But I was glad that she agreed to let me cook for her. Since I grew up in the States, I learned how to cook pasta on my own and I was confident that Krystal would love it. She might learn how to love the pasta’s chef too. :”>

 

“Amber, what kind of pasta will you cook for me?” she asked me as we were walking between the shelves of different pasta.

 

“It’s a surprise, Krystal. But don’t worry, I’ll make sure that it will taste good,” I assured her and pulled two cartons of fettuccine. I was actually planning to cook white cream fettuccine and broiled baby back ribs as the main course.

 

“Amber!” Krystal who left my side called me. She looked cute as she was happily picking some mangoes from the fruit section. I didn’t know that this princess loves mangoes so much. Shall I make dessert with mangoes then? How about a mango pat bing soo?

 

After grocery shopping, we took a taxi home and headed straight to my dormitory. Good thing that Yuri left early for her Saturday make up classes, leaving Krystal and I alone. “I’m sorry our room is a mess. I didn’t know we’re coming here,” I told her as I fixed my things scattered on the desk.

 

“So you ate everything your boss cooked for you?” Krystal asked in a tone full of sarcasm and I could feel her icy glare on me. She was checking out the dining table and I was surprised that only the empty plates were left there. Did Yuri come back and eat everything?

 

“No, no. Maybe my roommate ate them all,” I explained. She was still looking at me closely with those cold eyes. “I swear I just ate a piece of sausage before I left to jog.” I didn’t know why I had to explain myself in the first place but somehow I was afraid that Krystal would misunderstand.

 

“Come here,” she told me in a flat tone and I went closer to her. She motioned me to the kitchen sink and started hitting my back. “You ate a piece of that sausage right? Now throw that sausage out! Throw it up!” she glared at me while hitting my back.

 

“Aw! Krystal, stop!” I said as I shielded myself from her fists. She was really hitting me violently and it seriously hurts. “It’s just a piece, Krys.” I finally caught her wrists and held them tightly. “Now calm down. Don’t stress yourself out just for that piece of sausage,” I told her as I held both of her hands and looked at her straight into the eyes.

 

“I just don’t want you to eat what that girl cooked for you,” she confessed, pouting her cute lips. The fact that Krystal was actually jealous of my boss made me smile. “I’ll cook for you next time, you should eat them all.”

 

“Of course I will. But for now let me cook for you and you should eat them all too, ok?” I told Krystal who just nodded like a child before I began cooking for our date lunch.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I was furious after seeing the empty plates on the stupid llama’s table assuming that she ate everything that her b*tch boss cooked but I was even more furious when she actually told me that she ate a piece of it. You stupid llama, wait until you taste my own cooking! >.< My mood was calmed down by no other than the llama herself who assured me that she would eat everything if I cook for her. Amber looked handsome in white apron as she chopped some garlic and onions. It was fun watching her cook and the fact that she was cooking for me made my heart happy.

 

While Amber was busy in the kitchen, I started looking around her room. Her things were a mess but seeing them felt like I was getting to know more things about her. A pile of chemistry books were piled on the two desks so I assumed that her roommate was a chemistry student too. The top shelf was lined with bottles of soju and cans of Cass beer which were evidences of that llama’s addiction to alcohol. On Amber’s desk, there was a framed picture of Amber and Minho wearing their graduation suit and between them was this beautiful girl in her high school uniform with her arms linked with Amber’s. Now who the hell is this girl? Why are there so many girls in Amber’s life? >.<

 

“Who is the girl in the picture?” I asked Amber in a flat tone when I approached her in the kitchen.

 

“Which picture?” she asked me as she was draining the pasta on the strainer.

 

“The one on your desk,” I told her coldly. When Amber froze when she heard what I said, I found out the answer to my question. That girl might be someone important in Amber’s life and maybe she’s the love of her life. I couldn’t help but frown at what I learned.

 

“She’s Kim Ji Won, my high school junior,” Amber told me and painted a faint smile on her face as she was stirring the pasta sauce. How dare you say her name in front of me, Amber Liu?!

 

“Is she someone important?” I gathered all my courage to ask her that question.

 

“Well, what do you think?”

 

I knew it! You like that girl! No words came out from my mouth and my chest started to feel heavy.

 

“Yes, she used to be someone important but we lost contact with each other two years ago,” Amber said in a sad voice. Why are you sad then? Don’t tell me she’s your ex?! “But she’s not my ex, Krys. So you should stop looking at me like that,” the dork told me and laughed. I felt a sign of relief after hearing what Amber said.

 

I continued looking at her other things until she called for our lunch. Amber changed from her training suit to jeans and a red t-shirt which made her look more handsome than a while ago. And there she was waiting by the table set up perfectly for a candlelight lunch date.

 

“Mind if I turn the lights off?” she said which made me smiled. She turned the lights off and some sweet music from her laptop and *poof* the candlelit table was perfectly set. Amber pulled out a chair for me like a true gentleman before she sat in front of me. I was impressed by the set up she came up with. Everything was so perfect. When I tasted Amber’s pasta, I felt like crying for it was so delicious. And the dork even feed me several times like it was really a date.

 

I didn’t know that candlelight would be more romantic at lunch. :”>

 

Amber’s POV

 

Since it’s hard to earn a date with someone you really like, I did everything I could to make this little lunch date a memorable one. I pulled off a candlelight lunch and just turned the lights off and played some background music to create a romantic ambiance. I could see from Krystal’s reaction that she was touched by what I did. And when she first tasted the food, I was afraid that she might not like it.

 

“Amber, your pasta is to cry for!” she said after she tasted it.

 

“Wait ‘til you taste the ribs yet. Baby back rib is my specialty,” I excitedly told her and forked a piece of meat. “Hey, Krys. Say aaaah.” Krystal didn’t hesitate but let me feed her instead. I felt like I was feeding my girlfriend that I did it several times.

 

“How did you learn how to cook like that? You could be a chef if you don’t want to be a chemist anymore,” Krystal told me as she digs on her third plate of pasta.

 

“I could be a chemist and a chef at the same time,” I told her as I watched her eat. Seeing her eat everything I prepared delighted my heart. After we ate, I prepared a blanket on the carpeted floor and scattered some pillows on it.

 

“What are you doing, Amber?” Krystal asked me as I was setting up my laptop and speakers.

 

“Fixing our little cinema,” I told her. She looked thrilled by the idea and I could see her tears starting to form in her eyes. “I just want to make it up to you, Krys. You said you wanted to watch the movie with me right?” She nodded. “And I told you that I wanted to watch with you too. So please bear with my little auditorium.”

 

I was stunned when Krystal hugged me all of a sudden hitting my back again. “You stupid dork, the lunch was more than enough to make it up to me. Why do you love pulling out surprises all the time?” she told me as we share this warm embrace.

 

“Why? You don’t like surprises?” I asked her as I pulled from the hug. “C’mon, I have another surprise for you.” I motioned her to our refrigerator and I pulled out a big cup of mango pat bing soo. Krystal looked surprised again and tears started to roll down her cheek. “Why are you crying, Krys? You don’t like mangoes too?” I kidded.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

“You stupid stupid llama, how did you know I love mangoes?!” I told Amber as I grabbed the mango pat bing soo and brought it to our little cinema. The llama really surprised me with his cute way of making it up to me. She sat beside me and played the movie, it was Dear John, a romantic American movie starring Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfried.

 

Throughout the movie, Amber and I fed each other with the pat bing soo she made. She fed me all the mangoes while I fed her all the shaved ice. Haha! But the feeling was like a real date. Amber really played the role of a boyfriend well. I rested my head on her shoulder while she pulled my waist closer to her and we held hands together like real lovers. I didn’t want that moment to end, every moment with Amber felt so magical. And now I feel so sure, I love you, Amber Liu.

 

“Krystal, I’m sorry about yesterday and I hope I had made it up to you today,” I heard the llama whispered to my ear, sending shivers down my spine. “Am I really forgiven, Krys?” Amber asked me in her serious voice. How can I resist you, Amber?

 

“You’re already forgiven, stupid. I told you, everything you did for me today was more than enough to make it up to me,” I told her, still leaning my head on her shoulder.

 

“I hope you enjoyed the time you spent with me today,” Amber told me as she gently squeezed my hand. “I will remember this day forever, Krys.” What she said made me look at her. What is this llama saying? That this is the first and the last date that we’re going to have?!

 

“Amber, look at me, we could spend more times like this together,” I told her looking straight at her in the eyes. She just shrugged her shoulders and painted a smile on her handsome face. “I’m serious, Amber Liu. This is not going to be the last.”

 

“Do you think so?” the llama asked with her dorky smile and I just nodded in return. “To make this date perfect, let me just do one more thing.”

 

Amber’s face slowly approached mine and as we got lost in each other’s eyes, our lips touched for the first time, sending thousands of voltage through my whole system. The kiss started with a peck but we both ended up nibbling each other’s lips hungrily as Amber lays me down the blanket and she was on top of me. We both kissed each other passionately and in the end, we were catching each other’s breath.

 

“Saranghaeyo, Krystal-shi,” Amber said between her breaths, without parting her lips from mine.

 

“I love you too,” I replied as we shared a long kiss full of passion and love for each other.

 

Our kiss ended and we were both out of breath. Amber wrapped her arms around me as I buried my face in her chest. “Do you really love me, Krys?” she asked me in a voice full of worries.

 

“I really do, Amber. Just trust me, okay?” I told her, assuring that my feelings were for real. But she didn’t answer when I asked her to trust me. “Trust me. Kyrstal Jung loves Amber Liu. Ok?” I repeated cupping Amber’s face on my hands.

 

“I love you. I will love you no matter what happens,” Amber replied with a faint smile.

 

“You’re confessing your love for me but what’s with that smile, huh? You want more of these?” I told her as I planted more kisses on her handsome face and the llama smiled at me with the happiest smile I’ve seen from her so far.

 

“Saranghae, Krystal Jung,” she told me once again and we were like playing on repeat, cuddling and kissing each other that we were unaware when the door flew open and Amber’s roommate came.

 

“Yah! What a mess our room is!” the girl who just came told us. She was surprised to see us in an awkward position on the floor. “Guys, why don’t you do it on the bed?” And both Amber and I flushed.

 

------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: And our most awaited confession finally happened. :)) Watch out for more kryber moments soon. ^_^