Morning Talk

Breaking Boundaries

Krystal’s POV

 

 

I almost lost Amber yesterday because of my stupidity. I shouldn’t have dated with Kim Myungsoo in the first place and Choi Minho shouldn’t have told Amber about it. How did that guy find out anyway? >.< Good thing that my llama listened to me and forgave me already. Amber’s love for me and open-mindedness saved our love this time but the llama still doubts my love for her. Why can’t she just have faith in me? If she loves me, she’ll trust me, right? But I can’t say that she doesn’t love me if she doesn’t trust me either. Aish. >.<

 

It was Friday morning and I got up at exactly 5am when my stomach started to growl. When I went to the kitchen to get something to eat, I only got irritated when I found the fridge was empty and there were no more groceries in the cupboard other than eggs and a bag of ramyun. Though I’m not really fond of eating ramyun, I got no choice but to cook it for breakfast since I was so hungry.

 

“Good morning, sis,” I heard Jessica-unnie greeted me. She still looked sleepy as she searched the fridge. “What time did you arrive last night?”

 

“I arrived before midnight,” I replied. But I was shocked when my unnie didn’t scold me at all and just continued looking for something in the fridge. “Unnie, there’s no more food left for breakfast. Let’s just eat Shin ramyun today. It’s the only food left in the cupboard.” I replied before I picked some noodle strands of my ramyun.

 

“YAH, KRYSTAL JUNG! YOU CAN’T EAT THAT!” I was surprised when unnie suddenly yelled and looked at me with her cold gaze as she took the bowl of ramyun away from me.

 

“Geez, unnie. I’m hungry. Just let me eat that,” I told her. What’s wrong with unnie suddenly?

 

“No. Don’t touch my Shin ramyun,” she replied as she started to eat some of the noodles I cooked.

 

Aish. This unnie doesn’t care if her little sis starved to death. And when did she start to eat ramyun anyway? Unnie was acting weird all of a sudden. Omo, is that a ring on her hand?!

 

“Unnie, who gave that ring to you?” I as I cooked some eggs for myself instead. I heard my sister choked and coughed all of a sudden when she heard me. “Aigoo. Is it your boyfriend?” I told her with narrow eyes and I could see how my older sister blushed.

 

“Yah, stop meddling with other people’s business and just continue cooking,” she just replied and went back eating ramyun happily. Now what’s in that ramyun? Is it a gift from her boyfriend?

 

“I knew it. Introduce him to me soon or I’ll hunt him down,” I said while digging on the cheese omelette I prepared. Good thing that there were also two more pieces of wheat bread left.

 

“We’re not a couple yet, sis,” Jessica-unnie said after a deep sigh. I could see the mix of joy and sadness in her eyes. So my unnie really did fall in love? I’m glad she’s over Sooyoung. “Don’t worry, you’ll meet her soon, Krys,” unnie assured me with a smile. Wait. It’s a ‘her’ again?

 

“Ok, unnie. I want to meet her soon,” I replied with a smile. I knew she would be surprised with my answer. But maybe it’s the right time to introduce Amber to her too.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

Good thing that I woke up early and came at the right time when Krystal was about to it my Shin ramyun. I knew she was shocked when I yelled at her this early but I just didn’t want her to eat the prize I won with Amber. You little witch, don’t eat the symbol of my love for Amber. >.< However, my sister didn’t fail to surprise me once again when she asked me if I had a boyfriend. I guess she saw the ring on my finger. I couldn’t help but blush as I reminisced the memories I shared with Amber the other night. My handsome assistant treated me like her girlfriend during our date and even kissed my cheek and hugged me. I hope you really like me too, Amber Liu.

 

I told Krystal the cold harsh truth that we’re not a couple yet but my sister surprised me once again when she told me that she would like to meet Amber. What are you up to, Krystal Jung? I hope you won’t drive her away. Yes, Krystal doesn’t like the idea of having a romantic relationship with the same . I don’t know why my sister hates it but I hope that someday she’ll understand that it doesn’t matter if you’re both girls as long as you love each other. Amber doesn’t love you, Jessica! But somehow I knew that I still have a chance to win Amber’s heart so I decided to pursue that dork.

 

“Tell me more about her, unnie,” Krystal told me with a smile as we ate our breakfast. Oh no, little Jung. What are you really up to?

 

“What do you want to know about her?” I asked without looking at her.

 

“What’s her name and how did you meet her? How long have you known each other? And how did she give you that ring? Tell me everything!” my sister told me excitedly. This was really unusual of Krystal. First, she didn’t freak out when I told her that I like a girl again. Second, she seemed so interested about Amber and me that she bombed me with questions.

 

“Her name is Yi Yun,” I told her Amber’s Chinese name instead so she wouldn’t hunt her down until I introduce Amber to her. “I met her at school of course; she’s two years younger than me.”

 

I saw how Krystal’s eyes widened and just nodded. “So she’s a foreigner then? Yi Yun sounds like Chinese or something? And tell me about the ring!” Krystal’s excited voice was really weird. What does she want? Will she tell our parents again?

 

Yes, it’s Krystal’s fault why Sooyoung and I broke up before but I never put the blame on her. I knew she was just a kid back then but this time it’s different.

 

“Yah, Krystal Jung! What are you really up to?! Are you going to tell Mom and Dad again?! When will you grow up for heaven’s sake?! If you’re planning something against us again, stop it now!” My sudden burst of emotion shocked Krystal.

 

“U-unnie,” she stuttered with her teary eyes so wide. “I-I’m sorry. I-it’s just that I’m really curious.”

 

“Krys, just let me be happy. Please don’t tell our parents, I don’t want that to happen again.” I told her with a sigh. “I’ll introduce her to you soon but please don’t give her a hard time. Someday you’ll understand too, sis. But for now, be happy for unnie, ok?”

 

But Krystal’s next answer shocked me too. “’Unnie, I finally understand. I’m in love with a girl too.”

 

“Really? Tell me more about her!” It’s my turn to get excited with what Krystal told me.

 

“You’ll meet her soon too, unnie,” she just told me then left for the bathroom.

 

“Yah! Tell me her name at least!” I yelled loud enough for Krystal to here.

 

“I won’t tell you! Maybe you’ll track her down and snatch her away from me if I tell you! But I’m sure she’s more handsome than yours!” Krystal yelled back.

 

How cute. My little sister looks so possessive about her boyfriend. Now I can’t wait to meet the person who made my little sis grow up. :)

 

Amber’s POV

 

I was awakened by the smell of ramyun coming from the kitchen and there I saw my roommate cooking our breakfast with a wide smile on her face. You have the guts to smile like that after interrupting my lovey dovey with Krystal for the third time last night?! >.<

 

“Yah, Kwon Yuri. What are you so happy about?” I asked her as I poured some hot water on a mug for coffee. “Did you dream about those y girls again that you woke up in a good mood?”

 

“Oh, my dear roomie is awake. Hey, I got two packets of your Shin ramyun for breakfast. Do you want hard-boiled or soft-boiled egg on it?” she asked as she was stirring the pot of ramyun. What’s with this idiot all of a sudden? “And I prepared your coffee already. Drink it before it gets cold.”

 

“Soft-boiled. Hey, are you sick or something? What’s so good about today? Or are you just making it up to me for ruining my night with Krystal last night?” I asked her as I sipped the coffee she prepared. Woah. Even the coffee she prepared tastes good. I wonder what this girl is up to.

 

“Shouldn’t you thank me for setting you up instead? I told you, I won’t mind if you do it while I’m around,” she replied with an evil grin. “But if you really wanted privacy, then move to your parents’ apartment in Gangnam.” I glared at her at the mention of my parents. “Oops. My bad.”

 

Yes, my parents and I are not really good terms since I ran away from home three years ago. They wanted me to study business management in the US but I decided to stay in Korea to be with Ji Won and pursue a chemistry degree instead to fulfil my dream of being a scientist. Since then, I learned to live on my own. My parents were good enough to leave me a car and an apartment but I didn’t use them at all. I financially depended on my older sister Jackie who sends me allowance every end of the month that I would certainly pay back after I graduated.

 

“Why don’t you live in my apartment instead?” I kidded.

 

“Are you serious? That’s right next to SNSD’s dorm! Why don’t we move there together?” Well, Yuri was bugging me to move there for a long time but I always refuse. “Amber, you could see Sunny everyday if we live there! And I’ll catch a glimpse of Yoona too!”

 

“Yah, I told you I’m not interested. I’m contented with our small and messy room but full of my memories with the person I love.”

 

“You mean, you love me?” Yuri teased me as she scooped some ramyun from the hot pot.

 

“I’m talking about Krystal!” I defended.

 

“I know right. But Amber, are you just contented cuddling and kissing each other here in our room? Is that love to you already?” Yuri asked me in a serious tone. I asked the same question to myself for several times but I always end up with no answer.

 

“I don’t know, Yul. I love Krystal and you know that I can do better than this but it’s just—“

 

“It’s just that Krystal doesn’t know how to express her love? Or is it just that Krystal is still afraid to be with you?” The truth in what Yuri said struck me like lightning.

 

“What do you think, Yul?” I asked without meeting her eyes, I was afraid to know the answer.

 

“I think it’s both,” she said simply as she began digging on her ramyun.

 

“Then what shall I do? I can’t do anything if she’s afraid to be seen with me. It hurts me a lot actually and I really wanted to tell her that. But for me, understanding what her situation right now is the best way to prove my love for her,” I explained. “I know Krystal will someday be ready for this but for now, I have to wait for that day to come.”

 

“Can you really wait for her that long, Am? I think you’re just wasting your time. There are lots of better girls out there you know.”

 

“Yah, I’m not like you. For me, Krystal’s the best,” I told her as I dig on my own ramyun. Woah. The ramyun I won with Jessie-noona tastes good.

 

“And Ji Won was the best for you two years ago too.” Aish. The idiot got me there.

 

“Okay, okay. Of course I can’t wait forever, Yul. But as I told you, I can do nothing about it.”

 

“You can always do something, dude. It’s your choice. But let me just ask you one thing since I’m really confused. Uhmm. Does Krystal love you too?”

 

Yuri’s question was a slap to my face. I let out a deep sigh as I thought about the answer. I didn’t know if Krystal loves me for real but I can feel it when we’re together though. However, I wanted to work things out for us too. I wanted to tell the world how much I love Krystal so guys like Kim Myungsoo and my bestfriend Choi Minho wouldn’t lurk around her anymore.

 

“Krystal loves me, Yul,” I replied. But I’m not really sure.

 

“There’s only one way for you to find out if that love is for real, Am,” she told me with Kwon Yuri’s trademark erted evil laugh.

 

“Yah! I won’t do that to her! It’s too early for us!” I defended. ert. -.-

 

“Geez, Amber. I’m not talking about that,” Yuri replied. “I thought maybe you should buy her a ring, a necklace, a bracelet, an earring or whatever and propose to her as soon as possible. And if she said yes, then everything will turn out better,”

 

“I’m going to do that soon.” Of course I have plans on asking Krystal to be my girlfriend when the right time comes.

 

“How soon is soon, Amber?” Yuri told me with wrinkled eyebrows.

 

“I don’t know. But I’ll do it for sure.”

 

“How about you do it when you’re in Busan?”

 

Yuri’s suggestion seems not bad. :)

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Amber Liu is the most stupid person I ever knew. I couldn’t understand why she made up with that two-timer Krystal so soon. Maybe because she loves Krystal too much? But that’s not fair for Amber! Krystal should be more sensitive since my roommate here could go worse than herself after her heartbreak from Ji Won. I hope Krystal really loves Amber for real. Aish. Kwon Yuri, it’s not your problem anymore! But if Amber decided to go look for another girl to love, I knew she would lay her attention on my Jessica first.

 

Just propose to Krystal and be a happy couple, you idiot Amber Liu! And I will really pray that Krystal will answer you with a yes, so my Jessica will stop loving you and love me instead!

 

“By the way, Yul. Jessie-noona said she would work on two experiments tonight. Since I’m leaving this afternoon, maybe you could help her out for me?” Amber told me over breakfast.

 

Omo! I’m finally going to spend some time with my Jessica! Woohoo!

 

“Okay,” I just replied, hiding my extreme excitement inside.

 

“Treat her well, okay? I don’t want to lose my job and Jessie-noona at the same time,” my roommate said which made me wrinkle my eyebrows at her.

 

“Yah, Amber Liu! Why don’t you want to lose her?! Are you having some budding feelings for your boss?! Krystal will kill you for sure!” And I’ll kill you again after Krystal killed you!

 

“I don’t have some romantic feelings for Jessie-noona, you idiot. I just care for her like a sister since she did a lot of things for me already,” Amber explained.

 

I let out a sigh of relief after hearing what Amber said. “Whatever you say, Liu.”

 

“So just help her out and behave, okay? Jessie-noona is pretty and y too so please, behave yourself while you work with her for heaven’s sake. I know how your mind works, Kwon Yuri.”

 

Of course I’ll behave in front of Her Royal Highness, you idiot!

 

“What will you do if I nail her on the fumehood then?” I teased Amber with my evil laugh but actually I wasn’t thinking of doing it with my Jessica right now. Spending some time with her and getting to know her are my priorities.

 

“Then I’ll do what a younger brother should do. I’ll shoot your brain out of your head.”

 

Geez, Amber. Why don’t you just act as cupid and shoot our hearts instead? :))

 

See you tonight, my princess. ^_^