Ice Princess Meets the Ice Prince

Breaking Boundaries

Amber’s POV

 

I decided to take a break. I’ve been studying for ten hours straight and I felt like I could have a mental breakdown anytime. I checked my phone and found a text message from my bestfriend Minho.

 

I’m having soju right now. Come over.

 

I sighed as I read the message. What a great timing. I felt like drinking soju tonight too.

 

To Minho:

At Sung Jin?

 

From Minho:

Where else could it be. -.-

 

“Ambeeeeeer!” Victoria Noona greeted me with a hug when I arrived. She was the young owner of the newly built Sung Jin Ramyun Shop near our university. Minho and I were regular costumers and we became friends with Vic Noona and her boyfriend Nichkhun Hyung.

 

“Hi, Noona. I missed you,” I greeted her with a smile. I approached Minho when Noona let go of me. “Yah, what’s the matter? Soju on a Monday night is not a good idea.” I told my friend who was opening his second bottle of soju.

 

“There you are my best dino buddy. Here, drink with me,” he said as he poured a glass of soju.

 

I drank it in one shot and Minho filled it again for another shot. “Yah, yah. Take it easy, bro. I haven’t eaten dinner yet.”

 

“Then eat while we drink. I’m one bottle ahead of you, weakling. Haha!” Minho teased me which made me drink another shot. I hated being called a weakling when it comes to drinking. Actually, I was known for my good alcohol tolerance. When it comes to drinking, I never step back. I drank three more shots before I went to the counter to order dinner.

 

“Noona, the usual please,” I told Vic Noona at the counter.

 

“Tuna kimbap and tteokbokki with cheese coming up.”

 

I waited for a moment until she came back with my order. “Here you go, kiddo. Don’t drink too much or you will fail to attend your morning classes again, arraseo?”

 

I smiled at Vic Noona as a response. She was more like a mother than a noona to me. I took my order and was about to return to our table when this girl popped up in front of me.

 

She was close enough for me to see every detail of her beautiful flawless face; those red thin lips that will make any guy want to kiss her, that perfectly chiselled nose perfect for her perfect face (yes, perfect is the only adjective to describe it), her crystal-like eyes and icy glare that will freeze any object it will lay upon to. She looked like an angel sent from above. No, more likely a princess. An ice princess with an icy glare.

 

We had this moment of eye to eye contact for a while until Minho called my name.

 

“Amber!”

 

And I just left the girl without a word.  Stupid, Amber. Is smiling at that beautiful girl too hard for you?

 

“What took you so long, man? Here, another shot.” Minho poured me another glass.

 

“Krystal dear!” It was Vic Noona’s voice that also caught my attention.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I was going home from the department store when I decided to drop by Sung Jin Ramyun Shop to check out my friends. We always hang out there after classes since we befriended Vic Unnie, the beautiful owner of Sung Jin. I was glad to see my friend Key eating dinner at the shop when I arrived.

 

“Hey, Krys! Where have you been?” Key greeted me before stuffing a big piece of lettuce wrap inside his mouth and swallowing it.

 

“I went shopping with Jessica Unnie earlier. Why are you eating alone? Where are the others?”

 

“They left already. Luna said she has an exam tomorrow so she needed to go home early while Sulli went to see a movie with Hyun Woo.”

 

“Ok.” I felt my stomach growled a little since I haven’t had anything since this morning. I flipped the menu to choose something delicious.

 

“There you are my best dino buddy. Here, drink with me.” I turned to look for the owner of that deep voice and found out that it was from the handsome guy across our table. He seemed a little tipsy from drinking soju. A guy in a black hoodie sat in front of him and drank the shot offered by the guy.

 

 

“Drinking on a Monday night? You guys sure have guts,” I mumbled.

 

How can these guys drink when there are classes tomorrow? They seem university students though. Uh. Why would you even care, Krystal Jung, you’re not the one who will skip your classes the next morning because of hangover.

 

I watched the guy on the other table who just came as he drank three straight shots without even wincing. He stood up later and went to the counter.

 

“What will you order, Krys?” Key asked me, making me surprised.

 

I turned my attention again on the menu before Key notice whom I was watching. I decided to order ramyun and red iced tea. I went to the counter and that three-straight-shots-soju-guy was talking comfortably with Vic Unnie in front of me. Are they that close? It seemed their conversation was over when he turned around all of a sudden.

 

I had the chance to see him up close. The guy in a black hoodie was undeniably handsome but he gave off this mysterious aura. I purposely gave him my trademark icy glare and I ended up having an eye contact with a pair of lonely eyes behind the fringes of his slick black hair. How could he not be affected by my glare? I felt like melting because of this guy’s eyes. That moment I knew that he was different. I waited for him to say something but to my disappointment, he just left without even smiling or greeting me.

 

Wait, did I just say ‘disappointed’? Uh. Pathetic jerk! Be thankful that you look like a prince or you’ll be dead for ignoring me!

 

“Krystal dear!” Vic Unnie greeted me warmly.

 

“Hi Unnie! A bowl of ramyun and red iced tea please.” I told her, smiling.

 

“Ramyun and red iced tea coming right up,” Unnie said before she left for the kitchen. She returned after a minute. “Your order will be served in five minutes. How are you, Krys?”

 

“I’m fine. A little bit tired, Jessica Unnie dragged me to the department store again.”

 

I couldn’t help but steal a glance at the guy who deserved the ice prince title. I almost got defeated by his cold looks. I wonder who he is. “Unnie, who was that guy you were talking to a while ago? You seem very close with him?”

 

“You mean HER?”

 

I wrinkled my eyebrows with what Unnie said.

-----------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note: I corrected some errors on the first chapter. I always consider Amber as a guy that I unconsciously described her as 'him'. xD By the way, Amber is a girl in this fanfic. 

So what can you say about their first meeting? :) Do you think it is love at first sight? Then who fell in love first? :D

Also thank you for supporting my first fanfic. I really appreciate you guys. ^_^