Double Heartbreak

Breaking Boundaries

Yuri’s POV

 

“Sica, will you be my girlfriend?”

 

Aish that’s so straightforward!

 

“Be my princess, Jessica Jung.”

 

Why does it sound like an order?

 

“I love you, Sica. Let me prove that love to you. Please be my girl.”

 

Yah, Kwon Yuri. Is it the best that you’ve got?

 

Geez. Finding the perfect ring was not easy at all but finding the perfect words to say was even more difficult. Yes, I finally had the guts to ask the ice princess Jessica Jung to be my girlfriend. I love her and she loves me too; it’s just right to put a label on us, right? In that way, I could assure that she would always be mine. And of course, I would always be hers too.

 

My mind was still occupied by my thoughts of proposing to Jessica that I didn’t notice the presence of another person in my dorm room. I just dropped by my place to change into decent clothes for my proposal but I was surprised to see someone sitting on the used to be vacant bed. But I was more surprised when I realized that it was the used to be owner of the bed!

 

“A-Amber?”

 

Her prominent llama face became even more visible when I turned the lights on. It was indeed the dinosaur who just vanished a month ago! I told myself to strangle her to death the next time I see her for breaking my sister-in-law’s heart but I couldn’t do that when her same cold dark eyes met mine and found them swollen, fresh from tears.

 

“Amber! What happened?” I walked towards her and tried to comfort her. My friend looked devastated and exhausted from crying. I couldn’t help but wonder why she didn’t show up all this time and just popped up out of the blue.

 

“Tell me how can I move on, Yul,” she told me weakly. Her tears started flowing again nonstop and seeing her cry like that made me think that something bad did happen. And I was so sure that it was all because of Krystal Jung.

 

“If it’s about Krystal, she’s actually waiting—

 

“Krystal’s dating another guy, Yul. She replaced me too fast.” Amber forced a smile as tears kept rolling down her cheeks. The feeling of pain was plastered all over her face. But what she just told me was unbelievable. Krystal couldn’t be dating someone when she’s madly in love with Amber!

 

“Where the hell did you get that rumour, Am? You know Krystal won’t do that,” I told her. Krystal dongsaeng had been crying buckets since Amber left and that’s one proof how much she loves Amber. Sica was so worried that she promised to skin Amber alive and bath her with brine solution.

 

Amber told me that she saw Krystal and a guy dating in the same restaurant she actually picked for their date tonight and with the way Amber described it, it looked like her girlfriend really did cheat on her. But jumping to conclusions and judging Krystal wouldn’t help at all so I just tried my best to comfort my friend.

 

“How are you and Jessie noona? Are you together now?” Amber asked me when she finally calmed down. That’s when I realized what I was supposed to be doing at the moment.

 

“Amber, I think I need to go for now. I’m planning to propose to her tonight,” I told her as I raid my closet for fresh clothes. “But what do you think I should do? How did you propose to Krystal? Tell me so I can have an idea. You know this is the first time that I’m going to do this.”

 

But I was surprised with Amber’s next reply.

 

“Don’t do it.”

 

“What? Yah, Amber—

 

“You should go back to your old self, Yul. Being serious would only break your heart.” It was strange but Amber looked serious when she said that.

 

“Amber Liu, what bullsh*t are you saying? You know I love Jessica and she loves me too.”

 

“But you’re a girl too, Kwon Yuri! You can’t make her happy! Look at what Krystal did to me! She realized that she needs someone with a d*ck in her life, someone who could give her children, someone who could make her happy for the rest of her life! And Jessica-shi will leave you the moment she realizes it too!” And that’s when I lost it.

 

“Yah, Amber Josephine Liu! Don’t drag me into your ing insecurities! Maybe Krystal left you not because she wants someone with a d*ck but because you’re actually a d*ck! You think saying those bullsh*ts will stop me from proposing to Jessica?! Tell me, are you jealous that the girl who was once crazily in love with you finally got over you?!”

 

“Jealous?! Yah, I’m just concerned! I don’t want you to experience the same heartbreak because I care for you, I’m your friend! Jessica might be happy with you now but are you sure that you can make her happy forever, Kwon Yuri?! Yes, we’re talking about FOREVER here.”

 

“You know what? Get lost! I’m glad Krystal decided to leave a retard like you.”

 

And I left, slamming the door behind. The truth in Amber’s words made me hesitate a little but I still chose to follow my heart. Forever, I wanted to try it with Jessica. I would make her happy and give her everything until she couldn’t ask for more.

 

Still fuming from Amber’s words, I decided to push this proposal with only the box of couple rings on my pocket. No fancy dinner, no bouquet of roses, no extravagant surprise. I was unprepared; I didn’t even know exactly how I should pull it off. All I knew was I wanted to ask Jessica to be officially mine and I was confident that she would say ‘yes’.

 

See it for yourself, Amber. Jessica and I will be happy for the rest of our lives.

 

Minho’s POV

 

She came back. She finally came back.

 

Many people were flocking by the arrival area and I could barely see the arriving passengers. It’s been half an hour since her plane arrived and still she’s nowhere to be found. I looked everywhere for her, constantly checking my phone for her message or call.

 

*ring* *ring*

 

“Yoboseyo!” I immediately answered the phone call and it was her.

 

“I see you’ve grown taller instead of fatter, Choi Minho,” the girl told me from the other line. Her voice was still audible no matter how noisy the background was. And I knew she was just watching me somewhere out of my sight.

 

“Where are you? Stop fooling around, I have an appointment in an hour,” I replied. Seriously, if she’s not going to show up and just keep her games on, I would leave her alone with her tons of baggage.

 

“I’m right behind you, you idiot,” she answered.

 

The moment I turned around, an arm suddenly wrapped around my head for a headlock.

 

“Yah, I-I can’t breathe! S-stop!” I tried to break free from the headlock but it was too tight that I felt like my body was running out of oxygen. “S-Stop! N-Noona!” And I felt relief when I got released.

 

“Don’t call me ‘noona’ now that you look like an ahjushi. People will think that I’m older than you,” said the tall and slim girl who was now standing in front of me. With the way she dressed, anyone would mistake her as an idol because of her airport fashion. But she’s actually the most annoying yet the most adorable person related to me.

 

“You are older than me, of course!” I defended. She still couldn’t accept the fact that she’s older than me by two years. “Yah, where are you going? Wait for me!” She just left me on where I was and started pushing her luggage cart out of the airport.

 

“Minho-yah, I leave them all to you,” she told me when we reached my car. Noona seemed like she’s going somewhere else. What the—she’s leaving me with her luggage?

 

“Aish. Don’t tell me you’re going to make me carry all these?” I complained. She just smirked and wiggled her eyebrows in response. “But noona, I told you I have an appointment!”

 

“Well I have an appointment too. See you later.” And she left with nothing but her mobile phone and purse, leaving all her bags with me.

 

Thank you for bothering me again, Sooyoung noona. *sigh*

 

Jessica’s POV

 

From My Dork Yul:

Good morning, Sica. Can we meet this evening? I have to ask you something important. I’ll drop by your house at 6pm, okay? Love you. :”>

 

A smile automatically curved on my lips when I read Yuri’s text. How can such a message from her complete my day? Oh yes, I am head over heels in love with Kwon Yuri but that idiot looked like she had no plans of putting a label on our relationship; we love each other but we’re not officially together. I was just waiting for her to ask me first but that girl’s even slower than a snail! Will she finally ask me tonight?

 

Uh, Kwon Yuri. You have to ask me tonight!

 

Today’s Krystal’s birthday that I almost declined Yuri’s invitation. My sister has been living like a zombie since the dork Amber Liu left without a word. Asdjkasndknas I really want to kill that dork! How can she leave my baby sis?! But I really had this strong instinct that Yuri would pop up the question I’ve been waiting for. Good thing that Yunho oppa came to celebrate with Krystal, I could meet Yuri even for a while.

 

I’m sorry, sis. I’ll make it up to you. Today is a milestone in unnie’s life too.

 

It was exactly 6pm but Yuri hasn’t arrived yet. Since it was her first time being late, I didn’t make a fuss out of it. I don’t mind waiting for an hour, Yul. Just make sure that what you had to ask is really ‘something important’. But when three hours had passed and there was still no Kwon Yuri at my doorstep, I got worried that something bad might have happened to her.

 

*ding dong*

 

You’re so dead.

 

I rushed to open the door but I was surprised to see another person instead of the idiot.

 

“It’s been a while, Jessica.”

 

My heart almost dropped the moment I lay my eyes on the person standing in front of me. Her big brown eyes, her knee-dropping smile, her charming face, I never thought that I would catch a glimpse of them again. My first love, my first girlfriend, my first heartbreak; that person was standing in front of me for real.

 

“S-Sooyoung—

 

But before I could say anything else, I felt her long pair of arms around me, securing me into warm embrace and made me feel how much she longed for this moment. Her hug was giving me the same warmth, the same love, but my heart didn’t respond the same anymore.

 

“I still love you, Jess,” she told me in perfect English that got me even more tongue-tied. I wanted to hear everything she wanted to say; I’ve waited for this for so long that my heart just gave Sooyoung a chance to explain herself. 

 

“Can we start over, Jess? I promise to fight for us. I will talk to your parents; I will ask them for their permission to date you again. I will not be afraid this time, I promise,” Sooyoung said, still in English. I didn’t know if she was just showing off her new ability or she was just trying to hide that tone of desperation in her voice.

 

“I’m sorry, Soo,” I finally told her. She pulled off from our hug when she heard me; her eyes widened, her body stiffened, she looked like she didn’t see it coming.

 

“J-Jess, what are you saying? I’m ready; I’m strong enough to fight for us now. Your parents won’t say that it’s just a puppy love anymore. We’ll make this work, Jess.”

 

“Soo, I’m sorry but I don’t think it will work for us this time either.” I couldn’t look at her straight into the eyes when I said that; I suddenly felt like crying tears of guilt for breaking her heart this time. Silence then prevailed between us. I knew Sooyoung was hurt when I said that.

 

“Do you love someone else now?”

 

“Yes.”

 

I love Kwon Yuri, Soo. I wish you find the right person for you too.

 

“Can I test if you really don’t love me anymore?”

 

Without knowing what she would do, I just nodded as a sign of agreement. And then I felt her lips on mine. Her kiss was overflowing with the love she had just proclaimed for me after all this time. The sincerity in Sooyoung’s kiss made my tears fell on its own. It was simple and polite yet it was full of love. It brought back the memories we had together years ago. I didn’t know if it was because of the guilt that I just kissed her back. We were both in tears when the kiss ended.

 

“You’re not giving off the same feeling anymore, Jess. That person is really lucky to have you.” Sooyoung forced a smile as she wiped my tears away. I did the same to her, wiping her cheeks that were just wet from tears.

 

“I hope you find your happiness, Soo. You’re a great person. I wouldn’t have fallen in love with you if you’re not. Can we still be friends after this?”

 

“Just give me time to move on.” Her lips curved a bittersweet smile before she hugged me once again. “I love you for the last time, Jess.”

 

“You will always be my first love, Soo.” It was my turn to give a peck on her lips as our last kiss to end everything the way we wanted it to end, a simple closure with no hard feelings.

 

And she walked away without turning back. Several minutes later, the door bell rang once more. Thinking that it might be Yuri, I ran towards the door and excitedly open it only to see the same person once again.

 

“Jess, I think you dropped this,” Sooyoung told me and handed a silver ring on my palm.

 

Yuri <3 Jessica, the ring was engraved with those words.

 

“I assume that the person who gave you this is the same person who made you reject me, right?”

 

She hasn’t given this to me yet!

 

“Soo, did you see her?! Uh, I mean did you see a girl with a long jet black hair who looked like a ert but had this mesmerizing pair of eyes and dorky smile?”

 

“Uh, I did see a girl with jet black hair but her eyes didn’t look mesmerizing, they looked scary. And she wasn’t smiling at all. And—

 

I didn’t let Sooyoung finish anymore and just started running after Yuri. She was there to propose; the ring was the hard evidence. But for unknown reason she left without even showing up.

 

Did you change your mind, Yul? Did you get nervous again? Did you suddenly feel like going to the restroom? Did you—see me and Sooyoung?! No, you misunderstood!

 

Running was not my thing that I got exhausted easily. I dialled her number for several times until the operator said that the phone was turned off. My mind went crazy; the idiot really got the wrong idea! I frantically went to her dormitory but she wasn’t there; I just decided to wait for her there no matter how long that I fell asleep on her bed, waiting.

 

But the idiot didn’t show up even the next morning, the next and the next.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

“Are you sure you’re going with me?” My friend, who I just called a ‘retard’ last night, caringly asked me. My throat seemed to have a lump in it that I couldn’t utter anything and just responded with a nod. That moment, I was in a place where I wasn’t supposed to be: sitting beside Amber on a plane heading for China. She didn’t force me into it; I was the one who forced her actually.

 

Why? Because I saw them! The way Sica cried kissing another person, the way they touched each other and gently wiped each other’s tears, the way they comfortably talked with each other in a language I wasn’t very good of, the way Sica initiated their second kiss. I saw everything!

 

Maybe Amber was right this time; I couldn’t even make Jessica happy at least now. How can I make her happy forever? Maybe I really had to go back to the easy-go-lucky playgirl Kwon Yuri. Get drunk, hook up and sleep with other girls with no strings attached.

 

“Don’t worry, Yul. We’ll make it through the pain,” Amber assured me and patted my back. She still managed to give a faint smile despite her heart being broken by the little Jung.

 

Yes, we’ll make it through, Am. I won’t go back until I’m over Jessica Jung.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note: I'm sorry for taking so long. :( School has just started and we had lots of things to do already. But don't worry, i'll always make it up to you with interesting chapters. Please bear with authorshi's late updates, okay?

Shall I bring back yulber to Korea soon? Or bring jungsis to China? :D

Oh I played this app on my friend's phone and look who I've got:

 

 

Will Amber choose the same person? xD