The Proposal I

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: Heeeeey! Another update. :D I know this one's short but I actually cut it since it's too long. The second part will be posted tonight, just a little more finishing touches and I'll post it immediately. ^_^

And belated happy valentine's day, my dear readers!

---------------------------------------------

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Last time, we celebrated Yuri unnie’s housewarming party with homemade burgers cooked by Yuri unnie herself. Since they were made by her beloved seobang, Jessica unnie didn’t even let me touch a single one of them. Good thing that my llama was there to feed me and cooked her signature dish, white cream fettuccine, reminding me of our first lunch date together.

 

My sister and I spent that whole night cuddling with our dorky lovers while watching Love Rain. Actually, we’re both not into the drama and just wanted to have a romantic ambiance but those two dorks were drooling over Yoona of SNSD. I mentally praised my sister when she finally had enough and turned the TV off before smacking Yuri unnie’s head out of jealousy. On the other hand, Amber seemed to know that I was going to hit her too but she was a step ahead and gave me a breathtaking kiss to calm me down. Amber received a punch from my unnie instead. Haha! Spending some time with Amber like that is something I would never get tired of for the rest of my life.

 

I wonder what the future awaits for us. It would be good if Amber would ask me to move in and live with her soon, work on our chosen careers at day and cuddle each other at night, maybe get married in the States after five years and have our little ones, spend some family time with Yulsic like having a barbecue party or a simple gathering every weekend with our llama babies and their naughty kids.

 

I found myself smiling at the thought. How would our llama babies look like? *grins*

 

Speaking of llama, that dork hasn’t been showing up for two days. I call her from time to time but it’s either she’s not picking or she would make an excuse that she’s busy with work. Seriously, it upsets me a lot. Being her girlfriend, I must be supportive of her in everything she does especially now that according to her, she just started working at Sooji Chemicals. But how can her work just take all her time away from me like that?

 

“What? She’s out of reach again?!” I almost throw my phone away when Amber didn’t answer my call. That llama was seriously getting on my nerves and tonight I would surely barge in her apartment to punish her for ignoring me.

 

What did I do? Why is she treating me like this? She’s not cheating on me with someone else, right?

 

I have to see that llama now, I miss her so much. “Calm down, sis. The dork might be busy with a surprise that’s why she’s not picking up,” my sister told me but it didn’t help at all.

 

“Surprise my . She might be flirting with her new colleagues at work, I’m so gonna kill her later,” I replied, dialling Amber’s number once again and got the same result. “You’re so dead, Amber Liu.”

 

“You’re bored. How about go shopping with me?” I sighed and simply nodded my head weakly.

 

We went to the department store that afternoon not just to go shopping but also to bond as sisters like what unnie said. Shopping gave me a sense of relief especially now that unnie’s pampering me a lot. She bought me two pairs of jeans, three mini dresses and three blouses already; usually she would just buy two items for me and let me pay the rest but this time she paid everything. I couldn’t help but think that there might be a reason why she’s being nice all of a sudden.

 

“Unnie, did something good happen? Why are you so nice today?” I asked her as we stuffed ourselves with our cravings in Domino’s Pizza. Our early dinner was also unnie’s treat and she didn’t let me pay a single cent. I wonder if our parents increased her allowance. Then they should increase mine too! Aish.

 

“I realized that we haven’t bond much since I attended med school so yeah, I’m just making it up to you,” she replied before taking a bite of her pizza.

 

“But normally, you would just buy a thing or two for me. How come you bought everything I laid my eyes on?” Unnie really became weird since she got together with Yuri unnie; weird but in a nice way.

 

“Do you want to return them then?”

 

“No! No! Amber would like the black laced white dress for sure.” I saw how my sister curved a sweet smile on her face in return.

 

Aigoo, maybe she really got an allowance increase that she’s this nice and happy. She wouldn’t be treating me like this if not or else she needed something from me. Yeah, that’s it! She could be moving in with Yuri unnie in her new apartment and she needed my permission on that!

 

“Unnie, if it’s about you and Yuri unnie—

 

“Krystal, I might get married with Kwon Yuri soon.”

 

My brain seemed to malfunction for a while that I had a hard time absorbing what my sister said. Get married? With Kwon Yuri? Soon? Oh. My. God.

 

“Krys, is it okay if I marry her? I love her and I don’t want to lose her anymore,” unnie asked me with hopeful eyes. It’s something she shouldn’t be asking me since I’m younger than her but I’m glad she did and made me feel how significant I am in her life.

 

“Of course, unnie! All I wish is your happiness and I know that Yuri unnie is the only person who can give it to you, of course you can marry her,” I told her and she smiled even wider.“Wait a minute. Did you talk about it already? I mean did she propose? How? Tell me, tell me!” I couldn’t wait to hear how they ended up talking about marriage.

 

Jessica unnie blushed and she nervously took a sip on her glass of iced tea. “A-Actually, I was the one who proposed to her.”

 

Again, my mouth was left open. Unnie never failed to surprise me with her statements. “Shouldn’t be Yuri unnie the one to propose? Aish. Are you that crazy for her, unnie?”

 

“It doesn’t matter who proposes, Krys,” she stated. She had a point there but I would never do the same thing. It’s either Amber would be the one to pop the question or no marriage would happen.

 

“When and where did you propose then?”

 

“Last time, on our way to Yuri’s apartment.” My eyes widened at the realization.

 

“You mean at the backseat of Amber’s car?! Unnie, that place isn’t romantic at all!”

 

Seriously, my sister should have chosen a better place. How could she do such an important thing on a car’s backseat while Amber and I were too busy having a lovers’ quarrel on the front seat? That’s just so stupid. I wonder how Yuri unnie responded.

 

“How did your seobang react? Did she say ‘yes’?” I asked. Unnie averted her gaze and slightly shook her head. “What? She rejected you?! She’s so stupid! Even more stupid than my llama! How could she turn down my beautiful unnie, is she out of her mind? Oh my gosh, that Kwon Yuri is really something—

 

“Krystal, relax! She said she’s just going to think about it but she would definitely marry me.”

 

“Oh I know she would. You’re really meant to be together after all.”

 

Jessica unnie was all smiles throughout the dinner. Maybe my approval boosted her good mood that she even invited me to watch a movie after, still her treat.

 

“Krys, can you buy some Sung Jin kimbap for me? I suddenly craved for it,” she told me while we were on the middle of the movie. Sung Jin kimbap? Seriously? How can she suddenly crave for something so out of access at the moment?

 

“Unnie, Sung Jin is like fifteen minutes away. Can we just buy later after this? And besides, we’re at the best part of the movie,” I reasoned out.

 

“How about I return everything I bought for you including the dress that your Amber would surely love?” she threatened at the same time I felt her cold glares at me.

 

Aish, as if I have a choice!

 

Defeated by my unnie’s threat, I walked out of the cinema and hailed a taxi to Sung Jin. Of all kimbap to crave at the moment, why should it be Sung Jin’s? Pssh. I immediately ran to the shop’s frontage only to find out that the place was closed.

 

Stupid Krystal Jung, of course Sung Jin is closed. Khuntoria is still on their second honeymoon!

 

Oh yes, the couple went straight to Maldives after two nights in Busan last time and no one would manage their shop while their away. Why would my sister ask me to buy her kimbap in Sung Jin when she knew that the couple owners were still overseas?

 

Did Jessica unnie just trick me? That witch!

 

I was about to go when I noticed the menu board outside the shop. A smile automatically drew upon my face when I read the writings in red and white chalk.

 

TONIGHT’S SPECIAL

SIZZLING HOT GRILLED LLAMA w/ ICE PRINCESS MANGO SAUCE

Serving from 9pm to infinity

 

So Jessica unnie did trick me on purpose.