Friendship Over

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: Guys, i'm back! Author-shi is sorry for not updating these past few days, you know, school stuffs. But the good news is, I'm back on track since semestral break will start next week. :)

So here's one emotional chapter for you. I'd like to give credit to my bestfriend who willingly gave his own POV for this chapter. ^_^

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Minho’s POV

 

Everyone in the room was left dumbfounded. It didn’t take me a second to get a grasp of the situation. This time it’s not just what you can call ‘something’s up’. Everything was too obvious that even a grade school student would know.

 

“What happened?" Vic noona came out of the kitchen with Donghae hyung and asked. “Why is Krystal mad? Where’s Amber?”

 

“Krystal lost herself, Noona. They’re talking outside,” Key replied as he shook her head.

 

“Are they going out or something? Omo. I thought Krystal’s straight,” Sulli said in disbelief.

 

Donghae hyung asked as he sat beside me on the couch. “Is Amber dating Krystal?”

 

Did my bestfriend just ing betray me? No no no. It wasn’t a question; it must be the cold harsh truth. But I couldn’t let myself believe at what’s in front of me. It’s like knowing that your most beloved sibling just died in front of you and yet you couldn’t accept that she’s really dead.

 

Oh yeah, DEAD. I hope you’re really dead, Amber Liu!

 

“Minho-yah.” It was Donghae hyung’s voice which pulled me off from the thought of reality’s bitter revelation and back into the real world. His meaningful stare said it all.

 

That son of a b*tch backstabbing dinosaur and I knew hyung long enough that a simple five-second one-on-one exchange of glances would be like having a two-sided fully packed conversation filled with witty advices. Of course, in his late twenties age, he’s experienced well enough to grasp what the situation was about. Donghae hyung’s sympathetic eyes were telling me to calm down.

 

How can I just calm down, hyung?! Tell me if I should just calm down when I knew that something’s happening between my bestfriend and the girl that I love behind my back?!

 

I stood up, clenched my fists and gestured like I was getting ready to charge an all-out war.

 

“Choi Minho, don’t do this,” Vic noona told me as she slowly shook her head. Her meaningful eyes were full of fear, saying that some things would be better left unknown or not confronted.

 

No, noona. This one is not part of the list. And even if this should be taken care of on its own or left unresolved, I couldn’t just quietly stand and wait for something to happen. I must do this now.

 

I motioned towards the door to look for that bastard and Krystal when I overheard them talking. Reality did b*tch-slapped me hard this time.

 

“I’m your girlfriend, you idiot!”

 

“Oh yes, I almost forgot. You’re my girlfriend who prefers a secret relationship because you’re afraid to be seen with me.”

 

GIRLFRIEND. The word pierced through my heart and tightened my chest. The other words they uttered next to that just sounded like murmurs to my ears. GIRLFRIEND. How dare you do this to me, Amber?! Of all people, why does it just have to be you?!

 

The thought of accepting the cold truth as a man vanished in an instant; it really was different when you’re actually on the real thing. Emotion took over my rational reasoning.

 

GIRLFRIEND. Krystal should’ve just rejected me early on instead of making a fool out of me! Maybe she doesn’t really appreciate my strong feelings for her. GIRLFRIEND. She had no idea how hard I’d been through these past 4 years moving on from my last love. Many girls passed by in my life one after the other but I just couldn’t bring myself to love again.

 

Only you, Krystal Jung. You’re the only one who put back the fire burning on this barren heart of mine. Where could I have gone wrong? T.T

 

No, you’re not to blame yourself, Choi Minho. This one’s on Amber.

 

We even shared drinks night after night thinking that the bastard felt sorry for me and yet she acted as though she was innocent. Keeping the truth from me that Krystal’s her girlfriend was an unforgivable sin already. Even if Amber couldn’t bring herself on saying it to me upfront, she should’ve just taken a distance temporarily or for good. And yet, she dared proposing multiple toasts of drinks at the bar like she felt sorry for me! >.<

 

“Choi Minho,” Vic noona called me once again, shaking her head once again telling me not to do it.

 

But I chose to face reality head on and opened the door. The scene of Amber and Krystal hugging each other explained it all. I saw how Amber’s eyes widened when she saw me and pulled off from Krystal’s hug immediately.

 

“Bro, it’s not what you think!”

 

And I punched the bastard’s face hard without hesitation.

 

“Amber!” I was hurt to see Krystal running over to raise Amber up and nurse her bleeding mouth.

 

I walked towards Krystal but she stepped backward and turned sideways. Her expression changed to what looked like as her typical ‘It’s none of your business’ kind of thing. That’s when I suddenly felt very low. Maybe you’re not really important to her, Choi Minho. The thought made me even more furious this time.

 

“Look at me, Krystal Jung. Look at me!” Krystal retained the same expression on her face. “I said look at me!” I unconsciously grabbed her by the shoulder with my shaky hands then it suddenly hit me. Even if she kept the truth from me, at least she’s always honest with her expressions. I couldn’t be angry from what she truly feels.

 

“Minho, Stop that! You’re hurting her!” Amber held Krystal and stood before me. “Don’t you dare hurt her! You’ll have to go through me first!”

 

“So now I’m the antagonist here, huh? And you’re the victim?” I scowled in disbelief.

 

It was unfair to think that I was the one tormenting others while in fact I was the one with the worst heartache here. A fraction of a second later and I knew tears would fall from my eyes and I didn’t want them to see me in that state. So I ended up doing what I would never do in my life; I walked out and found my way out of the building.

 

Donghae’s POV

 

If my assessment was right, there’s a love triangle going on between my two dongsaengs and Krystal. Aigoo, these kids really have an intense affinity for trouble.

 

But I had to clear Minho’s mind to make him rationally focus under normal circumstances. I knew what could happen to him as he deals with heartbreak once again; that includes inconsiderably punching any wall bare-handed, engaging in bar fights every night, purposely ditching academic stuffs, and of course drowning his self with alcohol. Same goes for Amber. My dongsaengs’ hearts were too vulnerable for something like this.

 

What did you guys find in Krystal Jung anyway that you’re fighting over her?

 

“Donghae, what shall we do?” Victoria asked in a worried tone.

 

“Just stay here, they’re just talking. I’ll talk to them,” I replied. Of course what would happen outside would be more than just talking. Hitting each other would naturally happen since Minho really felt betrayed by Amber. I motioned towards the door, leaving my fearful friends on the living room.

 

“So now I’m the antagonist here, huh? And you’re the victim?” Minho told Amber whose mouth was bleeding. Krystal looked afraid, standing behind Amber. Aish. This girl is just the reason why my dongsaengs’ eight-year friendship was ripped apart? -.-

 

I guess Minho was too angry that his thought process was not that intact for him to carelessly say those words. He should have just stayed quiet or replied in a calm manner to fix things up. Look at what you did, Minho-yah. What an awkward situation. I bet you’ll cry like a whiny child in no time.

 

Then Minho started walking away. Oh, you took the ‘walk out’ route then, huh? That was unexpected of you, Choi Minho. Unexpected but smart.

 

“H-hyung,” Amber stuttered when she saw me. A mix of sadness, concern, pain, fear and relief was evident in her eyes. I knew her mind was in a total mess, thinking of choosing between Minho and Krystal. Ambro, you should give up Krystal for the sake of your friendship. Think about it one more time, I know your smart enough to choose the right thing.

 

“Get inside, bro. Prepare for the festival,” I told her as I patted her shoulder and turned to Krystal. “Take care of Amber. Treat the wound on this dinosaur’s face.”

 

Minho needed someone to talk to and I was the only one here that could do that. So I rushed straight to the elevator but it was going down already. Aish. This kid sure is fast while crying. Now I have to take the stairs for me to catch up. Tsk, no choice.

 

When I arrived at the condo’s lobby I found Minho slowly walking towards the exit with his head down. “Minho-yah!” I called and started walking towards him.

 

“What is it?” He stopped for a moment and turned to see me with his teary eyes. He quickly wiped his tears away and swiftly gave me a no-tears-just-water-splashed-on-my-face-ish kind of look.

 

“Come on. Let’s sit here for a while and talk a little,” I graciously gestured my hand towards the lobby’s comfy couch. I know he couldn’t resist me. I’m his one and only hyung after all. >:))

 

“Okay.”

 

Minho sat across me and started telling everything. I found out that it was Minho who came to like Krystal first and Amber really did betray him. Every word Minho uttered was full of pain and anger but he unexpectedly blurted out the last thing that I would hear from him at this situation.

 

“Sometimes you just have to put a period on something that has to end and not just settle on a comma. Why? Because time will come, you’ll realize that it’s nicer to see a complete sentence rather than seeing a phrase that’s completely hanging and doesn’t make sense,” Minho said and gave me a teary smile signifying his noble retreat.

 

The mighty Choi Minho is giving up? No, bro. You still have a chance to earn what’s rightfully yours since Amber would give Krystal up soon anyway. Yes, I know Amber long enough to see what’s running inside her mind.

 

“Why not put a question mark instead? Maybe it’s not just your choice to put an end on something. The sentence will still have sense and it won’t be left hanging either. We’ll never know what the next sentence might be. Maybe it will finally have a period or thrillingly another question mark.”

 

Amber’s POV

 

I just lost my bestfriend, minutes ago. The pain caused by our fight was excruciating, making every single cell of my heart hurt. I didn’t think that he would find it out this way. But either way, I knew his reaction would still be the same. I was relieved when Donghae hyung followed him; Minho needed a friend at times like this and only hyung could be that friend.

 

You’re no friends anymore, Amber Liu. You already turned your back on your bestfriend for Krystal.

 

“Amber, let’s go inside,” I heard Krystal said, pulling me out of my deep thoughts. She held my hand and motioned me back to the living room where Vic noona, Key and Sulli were waiting.

 

“Gawd, Amber. You’re hurt.” Vic noona cupped my cheeks as she gently examined the wound on my face. Yes, noona. I’m hurt. Deep inside, my heart is severely wounded.

 

“Krystal, are you okay?” I heard Sulli asked my girlfriend who just replied with a faint smile.

 

“Don’t worry, bro. Everything will turn out fine,” Key assured me. “Yah, Krystal Jung. What kind of girlfriend are you? Aren’t you going to treat Amber’s wound?” he scolded Krystal making her blush. “Sulli, why don’t you take care of Amber instead?” I knew Key was teasing my girlfriend.

 

“Come on, Amber Oppa,” Sulli told me with a teasing smile.

 

“Yah, Choi Sulli! Who are you calling Oppa?!” Krystal glared at her friend before turning to me. “You just sit there. I’ll grab the first aid kit,” she told me then left.

 

“Aigoo. Krystal Jung’s jealousy strikes again,” Vic noona said while shaking her head slowly. “Amber, I’m happy for you two. Stay in love, okay? Nice choice of necklace, by the way.”

 

Vic noona must be observant enough to notice the necklace I gave to Krystal. I guess I didn’t have to tell the others what the real score between me and Krystal is since they knew it already.

 

“Me too, bro. I wish you guys all the happiness in the world. Uh. Did it sound like ‘best wishes’? Anyway, please bear with Krystal’s jealousy. It’s just her way of showing her love, you know,” Key told me with a grin.

 

“Take care of my friend, Amber-shi. I’m happy for you too,” Sulli said with a sweet smile.

 

Hearing everyone’s wishes of happiness for Krystal and me lessened the burden in my heart.

 

Will Choi Minho ever utter the same words to me? *sigh*