Killjoy Amber

Breaking Boundaries

Krystal’s POV

 

It’s been a week since I met Minho and I found out he was really a cool guy. He always hangs out with us at Sung Jin and my friends really like his bright and funny personality. Minho got my phone number that night and he was always texting me since then. But how come I never saw Amber’s shadow at Sung Jin since that night?

 

 *beep* I received a text message and it was from Minho.

 

Hey, Krys! I’m at Sung Jin with Key and Sulli right now. Come hangout with us. :)

 

To Minho:

I’m busy with some school stuffs right now. Sorry. Some other time. :)

 

I lied that I was busy. I was just actually watching my favourite drama on TV.

 

*beep*

 

From Minho:

Too bad. My bestfriend’scoming too. I really want you to meet her. :(

 

Dramas can be watched online right? I turned the TV off and went straight to the shower.

 

Amber’s POV

 

Minho called asking me to go to Sung Jin tonight because Vic Noona wanted to see me. I purposely didn’t drop by the shop for a week to avoid seeing Minho and Krystal together.I found out that my bestfriend was hitting on Krystal, he even got her phone number and they’ve been texting each other and hanging out together since then. Maybe Krystal really liked him too. Good thing that he never asked why I didn’t return that night because even I didn’t know the reason why.

 

“Going out?” asked Yuri.

 

“Yes. Vic Noona wants to see me,” I replied as I styled my hair.

 

“At last, you’re going out after a week of classes-dorm routine.”

 

“I’ll just drop by, I’ll come back home early,” I told her.

 

“Yah, I won’t even care if you come back the next morning. I’m not used to have you around here all the time,” Yuri kidded. “Just go, meet pretty girls and have fun.”

 

I walked to Sung Jin as usual. I saw Minho waving at me when I arrived. He was sitting together with Vic Noona, Krystal’s blond friend from last time and another unfamiliar face.

 

“Amber!” Vic Noona greeted me with a hug as usual. “Where have you been all this time? Noona missed you so much.”

 

“Just busy studying. I missed you too, Noona.”

 

“Yah!Enough of those dramas. C’mon, Amber. I’ll introduce you to some new friends,” Minho said as he pulled me away from Noona and dragged me to meet the two strangers. “This guy is, Key. I met him last time when we were drinking.”

 

“I’m Amber Liu, pleased to meet you,” I said as I shake my hands with Key.

 

“And this is Sulli, she frequently hangs out here too.”

 

“Nice to meet you, Sulli.”

 

“Oh, and this pretty girl who just got here is Krystal,” said Minho before he approached the girl who just entered and escorted her to us. “Krys, this is my bestfriend Amber Liu.”

 

We just shook our hands and that’s it. I really wanted to say something but I got tongue-tied the moment I saw her beautiful face again. We sat together with the others without saying a single word to each other. I felt disappointed because Krystal seemed like she had no interest talking to me. She laughed with the others as they talked about random stuffs and even laughed at Minho’s jokes which made me a little jealous.

 

“Hey Amber, Minho said you’re going to Busan next week?” Vic Noona asked me all of a sudden.

 

“Yeah. I’m going to attend a seminar in Busan National University.”

 

“So you’re going to attend the music festival too?” Sulli asked.

 

“Nah. My visit is for academic purposes only.”

 

“I’ve been bugging Amber to join me watch SNSD at the festival but she always refuses,” Minho explained. I’m a big fan of SNSD too but I promised myself not to mix my Soshi craze with my studies. And that time, I had to go to Busan only for the seminar.

 

“Why don’t you join us, Amber? Krystal and I are coming for EXO,” said Sulli.

 

“Sorry, but I’m planning to go straight home after the seminar. Why bother going all the way down to Busan when you could see them here in Seoul?”

 

“Because I can’t wait to see my Eunji’s hometown and see her perform there with the rest of the A-Pink girls,” said Key, excitedly. “Join us, Amber. It would be fun!”

 

“I would love to see Sunny too but as I’ve said, I’m going straight home after the seminar.” I really wanted to go, knowing that Krystal’s coming too but I could not afford to play around on that day.

 

“Then don’t. We won’t force you anymore,” Krystal scoffed. “Ok guys, it’s time for me to go home. See you tomorrow.”

 

Minho stood up as Krystal prepared to leave.  “I’ll walk you home, Krys.” And the two of them left.

 

“What’s with Krystal?” Key asked Sulli who just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“Don’t worry, Amber. She’s talks like that to anyone,” Vic Noona assured me with a smile.

 

Why do I get this feeling that Noona could read my mind?

 

Krystal’s POV

 

How dare you, Amber Liu. How dare you talk about Sunny in front of me, you idiot?! Everyone’s asking you to go but what did you say? That you would LOVE to see Sunny but you can’t? Won’t you love to see the Busan port or the colourful fireworks on the festival? It’s just Sunny that you would love to see?! Stupid stupid stupid Amber. Hanging out with me and your new friends isn’t enough reason then?

 

“Krys!”

 

“What?!” I sneered and was surprised to see Minho walking beside. “Oh, you’re there.”

 

“Hey, are you okay? You seem in a bad mood,” he said.

 

“I just feel tired. Why are you here anyway?”

 

“It’s dangerous for a pretty girl like you to walk home by yourself,” replied Minho with a grin.

 

“It would be more dangerous if I walk home with you,” I jested.

 

“Do I look like a bad person to you?” Minho said, laughing.

 

Actually, I didn’t mind if he walked me home because he really was a nice person. I knew he was just concerned about me. Who wouldn’t feel concerned about someone you like anyway? Yes, I knew Minho was hitting on me.

 

“Nah. You’re a nice person and you deserve someone better.”

 

Minho stopped walking. “Did you just reject me?” he said but he smiled after.

 

I just laughed to avoid the conversation and stayed silent until we reached my apartment. “Thanks for walking me home.”

 

“You’re always welcome, Krys. And thank you for coming to meet my bestfriend too.”

 

“No problem. Tell your bestfriend not to be a killjoy.” I was actually thrilled when Minho opened the subject about Amber but I pretended like it was nothing.

 

“Amber’s a nice person and fun to be with too. Since she’s my bestfriend, I hope you two will get along,” Minho said without meeting my eyes. “It’s just right for your bestfriend and the girl you like to get along, right?”

 

Omg. Choi Minho just confessed to me.

 

“M-Minho-yah. Sorry but—“ I was about to turn him down but he stopped me from doing so.

 

“Goodnight, Krys.” And he left quickly after stealing a kiss on my cheek.

 

“Yah, Choi Minho!” But he didn’t look back.

 

Aish. That guy was really fast.

 

Victoria’s POV

 

Amber looked like she really wanted to go with us to the festival but I don’t know why she refused even how hard the other kids forced her. Krystal just said those cold words but I knew she wanted Amber to go too. Aish. These two are really making it difficult for one another. I dialled Nichkhun’s number to ask for his help.

 

Amber’s POV

 

I was hurt and disappointed with the way Krystal treated me a while ago. Even if Vic Noona said that she treats everyone like that, I just had the feeling that she didn’t like me even as a friend. Is it because I’m like this? I hope she has a good reason why she treated me like that or else, I won’t give Minho my approval to date a person like her. Too bad I’m starting to feel this little crush on her; I might only get hurt in the end.

 

“Amber, Nichkhun wants to talk to you,” Vic Noona told me as she handed me her phone.

 

I willingly accepted it without asking the reason why. “Hyung! How are you?”

 

“I’m fine. How about my dongsaeng? I heard you guys are going to Busan next weekend,” Nichkhun said from the other line. He’s in the States right now for his job training and will be staying there for two months.

 

“Yes, hyung. But I’m not going with them to the festival.”

 

“Too bad I won’t let your Noona go without you.”

 

I wrinkled my eyebrows with what he said. “Hyung, Minho’s coming too. He will take good care of Noona for sure.”

 

“I can’t trust Minho, I know he’ll be eyeing on someone other than yourNoona.”

 

“But hyung—“

 

“Then tell your Noona not to go.”

 

I sighed. Looks like he really won’t let Vic Noona go without me. “Ok, hyung. I’ll take care of Noona.”

 

I handed back Noona’s phone and forced a smile on her.

 

“Yay!Thank you, Ambeeeer! You really are the best!”VicNoona beamed as she hugged me tightly.

 

“You’re going with us, bro?” said Key.

 

I nodded in return.

 

“I can’t wait!” Sulli exclaimed happily.

 

Now where will I get extra cash for the festival? Whew. -.-

 

----------------------------------------------

Author's Note: Isn't it nice to know what's running inside Vic' mind? :))