Victims Of Love

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: This is a long update guys. I wrote this after my bloody chemistry exam last night so you know how the story turned out. :(

PS: Sometimes we have to get hurt before we realize how much we love that person.

-------------------------------------------------

 

Jessica’s POV

 

It’s already past midnight yet I was still looking through some experiment data. My thesis progressed a lot after the two experiments performed by Amber. I didn’t regret hiring her; she’s hardworking, technically smart and... She looked good in a lab gown. >.< Erase that one.  I rummaged my hair at the thought of her. That handsome girl has been living in my mind since that morning when I woke up in her arms with her face so close to mine. My heart raced at the thought it. Are you out of your mind, Jessica Jung? You really haven’t learned your lesson from Sooyoung yet, have you? You can’t do the same mistake again.

 

I sighed when I suddenly remembered my ex-girlfriend. Sooyoung was my high school sweetheart and yes, she’s a girl.  She courted me until she thawed my ice cold heart and we dated secretly for six months, until my parents found out. They said it was all wrong, disgraceful. And they never let me see Sooyoung since then, shattering my young heart into pieces. So stop your budding feelings for Amber and date a guy if you don’t want to be hurt again!

 

But maybe, just maybe, Amber is worth the risk.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I couldn’t sleep because of too much excitement so I decided to grab a hot cup of milk in the kitchen. When I passed by Unnie’s half-opened lamp-lit room, I peeked at what she was up to. The scene of my crazy unnie banging her head on her desk made me chuckled. She does that when she’s running out of ideas. I thought everything’s going well with her thesis? But she did that too when she broke up with Sooyoung.

 

Could it be that unnie’s thinking about that girl again?! Uh. I just shook my head as I returned to my room. Unnie had been spacing out lately too, maybe she really was thinking about her ex. Sooyoung was her ex way back when they were high school but it was forbidden love. I saw how hard my sister dealt with her heartbreak and I swore myself that I would never fall in love with a girl too.

 

But what are you feeling for Amber then?

 

I just want to be that llama’s friend and that’s all!

 

Really, Krystal Jung?

 

Amber’s POV

 

“Yuri, do I look alright?” I asked my roommate who was eating breakfast as I stood in front of her. dropped as she looked at me with wide eyes from head to toe.

 

“Wow! You’re handsome in those clothes,” Yuri told me with full admiration. “Why so formal all of a sudden?” She narrowed her eyes as if she suspected something.

 

“Change of style I guess. Seriously, Yuri. Do I really look good?” I asked her again as I drink the coffee that she prepared.

 

“Yeah. You look like you’ll go out on a date,” she said in a flat tone.

 

I almost spit out the coffee inside my mouth when she said that. “I-it’s n-not a date you know.”

 

“Amber, you only wore that polo when you delivered your speech in our oral communication class. You said you’re not comfortable in those clothes because they’re too formal,” she explained. “Now you dress to impress the girl you’re going out with, right?” she asked with a sad tone in the end.

 

What’s with this girl all of a sudden? “Yah, tell me frankly, Kwon Yuri. Are you jealous that I’m going out with someone? Do you like me?” I asked her in a fake serious tone, containing my smile inside. Yuri just gazed at me nervously that I burst out laughing. “Just kidding, bro! You should have seen your million-dollar face when I said that!”

 

“Yah! Stop making fun of me you T-rex faced idiot or else I’ll pray that your boss cancel her date with a stupid llama like you!” she said then went inside the bathroom.

 

I guess Yuri has her period now. Haha! Did she just mention my boss?

 

“Yuri, please pray for my date with Krystal to go well! I’ll be leaving then!”

 

Minho’s POV

 

I couldn’t take it anymore.  Physics class was so boring and my eyes kept drooping on their own so I decided to sneak out of the lecture hall. I was on my way to the cafeteria when I bumped into my bestfriend who seemed really happy.

 

“Ambroooo!” I greeted her as I locked my arms around her head.

 

“Yah, yah. I can’t breathe,” she said so I loosened up my clutch. She was surprised to see me as well.

 

“Where are you going?” I asked her.

 

“To my class of course. Do you think I’m slacking right now like you?” she teased and we both laughed. “Oops. I need to go, I’ll see you later, bro,” and she started walking away.

 

“Wait, Am!” I walked towards her and whispered. “Have you seen my Krystal lately? I haven’t seen her in a while.” I really wanted to confide my longing for Krystal to my bestfriend. I missed Krystal so much that I couldn’t sleep at night thinking about her.

 

Amber looked at me blankly. “I saw her yesterday in the auditorium,” she said as she looked away.

 

My bestfriend is luckier than me, she saw my Krystal’s face in the campus. “Did you talk then? What did she say? Did you talk about me?” I asked her excitedly.

 

“I didn’t talk to her that much since I had to run for my next class,” Amber said. “Sorry bro, but I really need to go. Talk to you later, ok?”

 

I just nodded then she left. Krystal Jung, when will I see you again?

 

Amber’s POV

 

Minho looked so sad when he heard that Krystal and I didn’t talk about him. Maybe he really had deeply fallen in love with her. I felt sorry for him all of a sudden that my conscience started to eat me up. What a good bestfriend you are, Amber Liu. You had the guts to ask Krystal out while your bestfriend’s heart is suffering too much because he misses her? I sighed as I started to feel guilty. What was I thinking anyway? Why did I ask Krystal out without thinking of my bestfriend’s feelings for her?

 

 But it’s not my fault that Krystal said yes.

 

You also hid the fact that you’re going to watch the film together from Minho. How dare you date your bestfriend’s girl? You really have no shame, Amber Liu.

 

*beep* It was Krystal!

From Krystal-shi:

Meet me at the auditorium at 2pm.

 

Aish. You’re making it more difficult, Krystal!

 

To Krystalshi:

Ok. See you. :)

 

I decided to skip my next class and went to a pojangmacha near the campus.

 

“Ahjumma, a bottle of soju please!”

 

Yeah, I skipped my class to drink. My conscience was really killing me. I finished my first bottle of soju when someone called my name.

 

“Amber!” It was Key who just came and walking towards my table. “Man, you look bad. Why are you drinking at this time? Don’t you have a class?”

 

“I skipped my class. Want to drink?” I asked him. I’m glad he came or else I’ll start losing my mind.

 

“Oh yeah! I don’t have afternoon classes anyway,” he said and sat in front of me. “But what’s bothering you, Amber? You can tell me about it.”

 

I lowered my head and thought if I should tell Key about it. “Uhmm. I have a date this afternoon.”

 

“You got a date and you’re drinking here?” he said as he dig on some pig’s feet.

 

“Uhmm. I think of ditching her,” I replied. Maybe I should tell Key everything. He looked like he could be trusted. I just hoped that he could keep his mouth shut from Krystal.

 

“Why? You don’t like her?”

 

Key was so straightforward. Do I really like Krystal Jung? “I think I like her.”

 

“You like her and she won’t go out on a date with you if she doesn’t like you. Then what’s the matter if the feelings are mutual?”

 

“She doesn’t like me and I don’t care about that. I just feel guilty asking her out because my bestfriend likes her,” I replied without looking at him waiting for him to get a hint.

 

His eyes widened when he started to realize who I was talking about. He looked sideways then whispered, “You like Krystal too? Tsk tsk tsk. Does Minho know?” I just shook my head at his question. “He will kill you for sure. But what if Krystal likes you?”

 

“Krystal will never like me. I know she likes Minho.”

 

“It’s just a what-if. And besides she agreed to go on a date with you. Krystal is not the type who hangs out with uhmm you know, people like you.”

 

“Even if I find out that she likes me too, I won’t do anything about it either. I don’t want to hurt my bestfriend,” I answered. “Minho had just found the new love of his life right now after four years of moving on and his happiness is my happiness too.”

 

“Are you sure about that?”

 

I just nodded before drinking a shot of soju. I’m not actually sure. But this is what I think is right. I pulled my phone and sent a message to Minho.

 

To Minho:

Krystal will be in the auditorium at 2pm. Go meet her.

 

“So are you just going to ditch Krystal? She will get mad at you,” Key told me.

 

“I told Minho to meet Krystal instead,” I said in a sad tone.

 

“Aw. You really are a good friend, Am. But I hope you won’t regret what you did,” he said as he patted my shoulder. “Since you’re lonely right now, I’ll drink with you until we pass out,” Key said happily as he poured our glasses with soju. “Cheers!”

 

Take care of Krystal, Choi Minho.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

The stupid llama was already ten minutes late. The show was about to start in five minutes and the people were already going inside the auditorium but I was still at the entrance, waiting for my date to come. You’re dead, Amber Liu! You shouldn’t make the princess wait! I glanced at my wristwatch from time to time but the llama didn’t come. Maybe she’s just running late. I sent her a message before entering the auditorium.

 

To Amber:

WHAT’S TAKING YOU SO LONG??? I’ll go inside first. Just find me. Right side, last row.

 

I was getting impatient when the movie started and Amber still didn’t come.

 

Did you just ditch me, Amber Liu? My shoulders sulked at the thought.

 

“Krystal?”

 

Minho’s POV

 

I was surprised when Amber texted me that Krystal will be in the auditorium this afternoon so I purposely skipped my drafting class and went there. And *poof*, my Krystal was really there, seating at the right side’s last row. Oh, Amber. How can I thank you for this wonderful opportunity?

 

“Krystal?”

 

She turned to me but I couldn’t see her reaction since it was dark. “Minho? What are you doing here?” she asked in a surprise tone.

 

“I heard you’re going to watch the film alone so I came,” I told her as I sit beside her.

 

She just fell silent all of a sudden and concentrated at the movie. Why do you look so disappointed to see me, Krys? I tried to make a conversation throughout the whole film but she didn’t seem interested at all. She didn’t utter a single word to me until the movie ended. Getting treated like that by the girl you love really hurts like hell.

 

“Are you hungry? Let’s drop by at Sung Jin?” I asked her when we got out of the auditorium. That’s the only time when I finally saw her. Gawd. She looked so beautiful in that black dress.

 

“No. I’m going home. Bye,” she said without looking at me and walked away.

 

“Krys!” I called her but she didn’t look back.

 

You’re hurting me, Krystal Jung, don’t you know that?

 

Krystal’s POV

 

I don’t know if that Choi Minho is just dense or stupid but he really didn’t get a hint that it’s not him that I wanted to be with. He should have brought Amber with him too! >.<

 

How can you do this to me, Amber?! I burst into tears as soon as I reached home. The idiot asked me out and I was stupid enough to say yes. But it all turned out that she just set me up with her bestfriend. What do you expect anyway? She doesn’t see you the way you see her, Krystal Jung. I admit it, I think I like her. But why does liking somehow hurts this much? T.T

 

*knock knock*

 

I wiped my tears away and opened the door. It was Jessica unnie. “Krys, I’m going out. There’s food in the microwave for dinner. You can eat them all, I’ll be late,” she said everything so fast. She looked like she was in a hurry. “Yah, did you cry? What’s the matter?” she asked worriedly the moment she saw my face.

 

“No, my eyes are just tired. Take care, unnie,” I replied.

 

“Let’s talk about it later when you feel better, ok? Just cry it out first.”

 

“Ok,” I answered, slammed the door and cried again.

 

I really hate you, Amber Liu! Don’t you ever show your llama face in front of me!

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I was busy scanning my notes when my phone suddenly rung. It was Amber’s number.

 

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Yoboseyo! Do you know the owner of this phone?” It was not Amber, it’s was a lady’s voice instead.

 

“Y-yes. May I know who this is?” I worriedly asked. Did something bad happen to Amber?

 

“I’m the owner of the pojangmacha outside Seoul University. Your friend and the guy she was drinking with both passed out. I called her other friend but she was not picking up. Thank god you answered my call,” the lady said.

 

When I heard what happened, I changed clothes immediately and prepared to leave. I knocked on Krystal’s door to tell her I’m going out and was shocked to see her teary eyes. I knew she was crying over something but she just didn’t want to tell me yet.

 

I took a taxi to where Amber and her friend were and was greeted by the ahjumma who called me. She told me someone picked up Amber’s friend already but will come back for Amber. There I saw my assistant knocked out in front of those bottles of soju. What happened to you, Amber?

 

“Aigoo. These kids started drinking at lunch time and started giving me headache so early,” the lady who looked like in her forties, told me.

 

“Sorry, ahjumunni. I don’t know why they drank during class hours too,” I told her as I pull the sleeping Amber up and supported her. “Thank you for taking care of them, ahjumunni.” I pulled a ten dollar bill out of my wallet and gave it to her before I go.

 

Gawd, Amber. You’re so heavy.

 

I took a taxi to the university dorm and brought Amber to her room. Good thing that the receptionist lent me the spare key so we were able to enter. Amber’s roommate wasn’t there either. My heart raced as I cleaned her with a hot towel and carefully watched her handsome face. What’s bothering you, Amber? Why do you have to get drunk like that?

 

I was surprised when she suddenly unconsciously pulled me towards her and our lips met. It was only a short kiss that made me taste the sweet taste of soju on her lips but it sent a tingling sensation inside me. My heart started beating so fast and I felt blood rushed up to my face.

 

Thanks for the kiss, Amber. Everything’s clear now.

 

“I think I like you.” And I leaned over to kiss Amber’s cheek.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I went home to pick something up but I was surprised when the door was unlocked. My knees almost dropped when I witnessed what happened. The girl that has been occupying my mind these past few days was sitting on the side of Amber’s bed when my roommate pulled her and they kissed. Amber, you liar! You like her!

 

“I think I like you.” I heard Amber’s beautiful boss said before she kissed her again.

 

I couldn’t bear watching them anymore so I ran away. My chest tightened as the scene replayed in my mind. The girl I’ve been dreaming about for three straight nights and even on my afternoon naps and sleep during classes; I saw how that girl’s cheeks reddened when Amber kissed her. I saw how she confessed and kissed Amber back.

I wish happiness for you two. And tears started rolling down from my eyes.