Yuri's Fear

Breaking Boundaries

Krystal's POV

 

“Geez, Yuri. Get out of here.”

 

My sleep was interrupted when I heard Amber’s voice and felt someone beside me. The smell of alcohol was so strong that it awakened my senses and there I found my drunken llama sleeping with her back on me. The room was too dark but I was sure that it was Amber. However, she thought that I was her roommate. Amber, it’s Krystal, not Yuri-unnie.

 

“Amber,” I whispered on her ear over her shoulders but the llama fell in a deep sleep just now. She smelled like alcohol but I didn’t hesitate to wrap my arms around her. “I’m sorry, Amber. I hope you would hear me out when you wake up,” I told my sleeping prince and planted a kiss on her cheek.

 

It was 5am when I felt Yuri-unnie got up from her bed and turned the lights on. Her half-opened eyes opened widely when she saw me hugging Amber and mouthed, “Did you talk?” I just shook my head sadly before I carefully got up from Amber’s bed and walked to towards Yuri-unnie.

 

“Amber just got home about thirty minutes ago,” I told her with a deep sigh.

 

“Damn drunk and got into a fight, I guess,” Yuri-unnie said as she prepared two cups of coffee for us.

 

“I never knew Amber would get drunk like that. I saw how tough she was for the first time when I met her at Sung Jin, drinking with Minho.” I looked at Amber lovingly, that’s when I saw her bruised face and swollen lips. Oh my god, Amber. What happened to you? “Unnie, what should I do?” I asked Yuri worriedly as I carefully touched Amber’s face.

 

“Don’t worry too much, she’ll treat herself later,” she replied before sipping her coffee.

 

I didn’t listen to Yuri-unnie but I got some ice from the fridge instead and put them in my handkerchief. Seeing Amber’s bruised face made me feel her pain as I carefully apply some ice pack on her wounds. Her yellow shirt that was stained with blood and dirt, the fresh open cuts on her arms were all evidences of the pain she went through. Why did you do such a thing, Amber?! Do you want me to kill you for worrying me when you wake up?!

 

“Krystal, I think you should go home and prepare for school. And besides, Amber won’t talk to you for sure. You had a dose of her anger the other night,” Yuri advised me. What she said was right, Amber might just push me away and slam her door on me again.

 

“I’ll be back later, unnie. Please take care of her,” I replied before I left for home.

 

We’ll talk later, Amber Liu. Whether you like it or not.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Krystal Jung is somehow a very confusing person. She shows love and affection towards Amber but that love is bounded by the four walls of our dormitory room. When Krystal told me that she was set up and dated some guy in Incheon, I began cursing her in my mind. This b*tch really, does she think Amber won’t mind her going out with other guys? I hope you loved the right person, Amber.

 

Amber’s POV

 

I winced in pain when I stretched my arms when I woke up. My head felt like it was being split into two, my back and my ribcage were painful too. My whole body was in extreme pain that it took me some time to sit upright. The disgusting smell of alcohol, smoke, sweat and blood could be smelled from my clothes so I went to the bathroom for a cold shower to sober up then prepared for school. And since I missed all my classes this morning, I tried my best to concentrate on our afternoon lecture. But I was distracted whenever Krystal pops up in my mind and made me remember what she did to me. I thought you love me, Krystal. But your love was pure bullsh*t after all. I felt like my heart was being poured with hydrochloric acid, sulfuric acid and nitric acid all at the same time.

 

Dear Amber Liu’s heart, stop beating for Krystal Jung or you’ll die completely.

 

But my stubborn heart replied,

Dear Amber Liu, you’ll die if I stop beating for Krystal Jung.

 

I spent the rest of the day spacing out during lectures all thanks to the cheater Krystal Jung. But no matter how much I hate her at the moment, I know I would end up submitting in her arms again soon. The scars she left on my heart were still fresh that I decided to treat them with alcohol.

 

“Yah, Amber Liu. Don’t tell me you’re going to drink again?” Yuri told me when she saw my plastic bag of soju and beer. She was digging her plate of jjapchae for dinner.

 

“I just missed drinking, Yul,” I told her as I forced a smile on her. Gawd, my wounds really hurt that even smiling was painful. I took out a tall glass and some ice from the freezer and opened a bottle of soju. “Want to drink, Yul?”

 

“Keep them for now. Your scary girlfriend might throw those bottles away,” my roommate warned me. I glared at her when she mentioned the word ‘girlfriend’.

 

“Don’t say bad words, Kwon Yuri,” I kidded and continued mixing soju and beer in 70/30 ratio respectively. “C’mon, let’s drink. By the way thanks for treating my wounds last night. My face wouldn’t be as handsome as it is now if you didn’t put some ice on my bruises.”

 

“Krystal did that to you. She stayed here overnight,” Yuri simply said which actually surprised me.

 

Krystal was here last night? What the—

 

“Y-you mean she spent the night here? W-where did she sleep then?” I asked her again in disbelief.

 

“She won’t sleep with me no matter how much I forced her, you know,” Yuri said with an evil smirk.

 

“YAH!!! DON’T YOU DARE LAYING YOUR ERT HANDS ON KRYSTAL OR I’LL KILL YOU WITH MY BARE HANDS!!!” I yelled at Yuri the ert who was startled all of a sudden.

 

“Geez, Amber. Do you love that girl so much that you’re yelling at your beloved roommate?” Yuri teased me as I drink my glass of somaek. “She cried a pool of tears and fell asleep on your bed, of course. But you were too drunk to notice her.” So it was Krystal who was beside me last night and not Kwon Yuri? Why was she here anyway?

 

*knock knock*

 

I panicked when I heard someone knocked at the door, I suddenly didn’t know what to do. What if it’s Krystal? I don’t want to see her face right now. “Yul, if it’s you-know-who, tell her I’m not home,” I whispered loud enough for Yuri to hear before I quickly hid inside the bathroom.

 

Krystal’s POV

 

“Hello, Krystal. Come in,” Yuri-unnie opened the door to welcome me.

 

“Amber’s still not here?” I asked as I went inside their room. There was an unfinished plate of jjapchae on the table as well as several bottles of Chamisul and Cass beer. What an odd combination.

 

“Y-yah, d-don’t look at me like that. I’m not a somaek drinker,” she replied while waving her hands as a sign of denial when I looked at her intently with the Jung’s trademark icy glare. Yuri-unnie looked funny like she was scared of my glare. “Those are Amber’s. Sh-she’s in the shower.”

 

I knew it. The dork is drinking again. >.<

 

“Amber, take your time in there! I’ll wait for you right here!” I yelled and sat on the couch with my arms crossed. Now you can’t go anywhere without talking to me. >:))

 

“But Krystal, Amber’s mind is still in a mess right now. Why don’t you talk to her tomorrow?” Yuri-unnie told me but when I looked at her again with my ice cold eyes, “Uh. Alright, I’ll leave you two then. It’s better to talk it over as soon as possible anyway.” Then she left.

 

Yuri-unnie is afraid of my glare too. Haha!

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Why does Krystal resemble my Jessica when she looked at me like that? Their eyes and gaze were exactly the same that Krystal’s eyes gave me the same fear as Jessica’s eyes. I hope Amber won’t kill me when I get back; it’s just that Krystal was too eager to talk to her. And her eyes, I couldn’t resist her eyes. I felt like Jessica was looking at me too.

 

I wonder where Jessica is right now. That girl has been occupying my mind for over a week now. And I, Kwon Yuri, would certainly devote myself to Her Royal Highness this weekend while Amber enjoys the music festival with Krystal. :D I’ll make sure that Jessica will fall out of love with Amber and make her fall in love with me instead. :”>