Broken Heart

Breaking Boundaries

“Please, listen to me—“I desperately held on to the girl’s wrist but I got slapped in return.

 

“Now what, Amber?! What lies are you going to tell me again?!” The girl threw soul-piercing glares at me that made my heart hurt even more.

 

“Ji Won, please give me a chance. I swear, I didn’t mean to deceive you for the past two years. I was left with no choice,” I explained as tears slowly dropped from my eyes.

 

“No choice? You always had the choice to stop anytime you wanted, but what did you do? You continued making a fool out of me!”

 

“I just didn’t want you to get hurt—“

 

“But you did hurt me!” Ji Won bursted into tears because of anger. “Now tell me the real reason why you did it?! Do you really love me, Amber Liu?!”

 

God knows how many times I avoided that question but now it seems like there’s no turning back. I decided to spill all the beans and I had no plans to leave anything behind. Even the answer to Ji Won’s question.

 

I lowered my head and let out a deep sigh. “I do.”

 

A minute of silence. I lifted my head to see Ji Won’s reaction but then again, my face met a huge slap from Ji Won. It was damn painful. But what Ji Won said after that was more painful than that slap. “Get lost, dyke.”

 

---------

 

Amber’s POV

 

I slightly smiled though I felt a little twinge in my heart as I reminisced the most painful memory of my life. It happened two years ago but somehow the pain still lives in my heart. I wonder how you are right now, Ji Won. Yes, I still think about her a lot. In fact, I never stopped thinking about her and hoping that she’s happy wherever she is.

 

“Amber! Now you’re out of this planet again!”

 

My daydream was completely ruined by none other than my roommate Kwon Yuri. Finally, I came back to my senses and realized where I was at the moment. I was in the dormitory with Yuri.

 

“Wh-what?” I uttered as I looked at her annoyed face.

 

“At standard conditions, how many liters of carbon dioxide, will be formed by the combustion of 1/2 mole of propane?” Yuri said without blinking.

 

Just when I realized that I was reviewing with Yuri for our chemistry exam next week. “Geez Yuri, can we stop reviewing for now? My brain cells need some break,” I told her as I fixed a pile of papers on my desk.

 

“Are you going out again?” Yuri asked when she saw me wearing my black Vans hoodie.

 

“Yep,” I answered shortly as I fixed my hair in front of the mirror.

 

“With some damn hot chicks out there? Can I come too?” Yuri looked excited. The grade conscious freak quickly evolved into a ladies’ man. Like me, Yuri loved girls too. Actually, she was a chick magnet. Girls throw themselves at her once they found out that she liked girls.

 

“Nah. How can I find a girl for myself if we’re together? All of them will just swarm around you,” I said in a flat tone as I tied my shoelaces.

 

“Are you jealous that I’m more handsome than you?” Yuri chuckled.

 

“Whatever, Yuri. “

 

“But why is it okay for you to hang out with Minho? Girls flock around him too and he’s a guy. He’s more of a threat.” Yuri asked this for the nth time.

 

“That’s it, because he’s a guy. I can understand why girls will be easily attracted to him,” I explained.

 

“Dude, stop your insecurities alright?” Yuri said, seriously. “You’re a great person and I don’t understand why Ji Won said those harsh words to you two years ago but hey, you will surely meet a girl who will love you for who you are.”

 

I stopped as she mentioned Ji Won’s name.

 

“Are you alright, bro?”

 

“Yeah.” I gave her a faint smile.

 

“So can I join you?” Yuri said, giving me her evil grin.

 

“Hell no! Lock the door, I’ll be late.” And I left.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I saw the pain in Amber’s eyes when she heard Ji Won’s name before she left with a cold face. I’ve known Amber for a while now that she had already told me the story of her and Ji Won and I came to know why she’s living right now like that. Amber just came back to school from two years hiatus. Why she stopped studying after her first year of college was all because of Ji Won (no matter how much Amber denied it).

 

Ji won was Amber’s high school crush. She was a very pretty girl actually (Amber showed me her picture) and one of their school’s heartthrob. To make the long story short, despite their individual differences, they became friends then Amber fell in love with her but she rejected her because she is a girl. Another homophobic, I guess.

 

Poor, Amber. I wish she could find the girl who will truly love her to mend her broken heart. She always tells me that girls won’t like her because she’s a girl but love sees no gender, right? If you love someone, it’s all that matters, right? But stupid Amber believes that love is shared just between a man and a woman. How come girls fall in love with me then?  Now, I can’t wait to prove that dino-llama-faced idiot wrong.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's Note: First chapter for my first fan fic. This chapter is short but I hope it gives you the idea how painful Amber's heartbreak is. :) I'll post the second chapter tonight.