Lover's Quarrel

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: Since author-shi loves her subsKRYBERs and readers so much, here's the third update for today. :) Happy sunday to all of us! ^_^ 

------------------------------------------------

 

Amber’s POV

 

After that lunch date, things between me and Krystal became better. We constantly exchange sweet messages, we talk over the phone whenever we have time and we tell each other ‘I love you’ all the time. However, our relationship was still undefined. Krystal and I were more than friends but less than lovers. Yes, I was still afraid to engage myself into a relationship with her.

 

“You must ask Krystal to be your girlfriend soon before someone snatches her away,” I remember Yuri told me. I actually gave it a thought for two nights and I decided to propose soon until something changed my mind.

 

It’s been three days after the lunch date and I’m missing my princess so bad. I haven’t seen her since then. It was Tuesday afternoon and I was running late for biochemistry class when I saw Krystal walking with her friends towards my direction. I really missed you, Krystal Jung! Our eyes met and I smiled at her but I felt like ice cold water was poured over me when she ignored me completely.

 

“Why did that dyke smile at you, Krys? Do you know him?” I heard one of her girl friends asked her as they continued walking past where I was frozen.

 

And my heart shattered to pieces when Krystal, the person who always tells me that she loves me, answered her friend with a ‘no’. Crazy thoughts started to run inside me mind. Maybe Krystal had her own reasons. I couldn’t think of any reason why she did that to me! I was spacing out during my class when I received a text message from Krystal.

 

From Krystal:

I’m sorry, Amber. :(

 

Sorry? That’s all you can say? Well I’m sorry too, Krystal Jung. I don’t have plans playing with your love game! My mind prevailed this time that I switched my phone off without a reply and concentrated on the lecture. I weakly walked out of the classroom after my 4-6pm class and was surprise to see Jessica-shi impatiently waiting with her arms crossed outside the room. She glared at me when she saw me.

 

“Yah! Why is your phone off?! Did you forget about your work already?!” my boss scolded me. She was looking at me with her scary glare but I saw the worry in her eyes.

 

“I’m sorry. My battery drained. Why are you here, Jessica-shi?” I asked her as I give her a faint smile.

 

“You have some work to do. Let’s go,” she told me and we started walking to the laboratory.

Jessica-shi and I made some concentration experiments together which took us about three hours. Working with her for a while made me forget about Krystal. When I was cleaning the glasswares, my boss took out a white envelope and put it on the counter beside my bag then returned fixing herself. I couldn’t help but look at my boss as she untied her long blond hair and flipped it; I was busy admiring her beauty that the volumetric flask I was washing slipped of my hands and shattered. I started picking the broken pieces of glass that I accidentally hurt my index and middle fingers.

 

“What happened?” Jessica-shi hurriedly came and took a look at my bleeding fingers. “Amber, you’re bleeding!” She turned the faucet on and rinsed my wound. I saw how worried she was.

 

“It’s okay, Jessica-shi. Accidents do happen sometimes,” I told her and smiled. She looked at me with those worried eyes again. Gawd. Don’t look at me like that.

 

“Let me continue washing,” she said and started rinsing the test tubes. I held her hand to stop what she was doing; I didn’t want my boss to do my job. Her hands were so soft like Krystal’s but I didn’t feel the same tingling feeling when I’m holding Krystal’s hand.

 

“I’ll do it, Jessica-shi. You can go home now,” I told her and continued washing the test tubes.

 

“L-let’s go home together,” she told me blushing that it made me smile. Oh, she’s even cute when she’s blushing. But still my Krystal is cuter than her. Aish. Stop comparing her to Krystal, you stupid bias loverboy! I finished washing the glasswares and started to fix my things when I saw the white envelope Jessica-shi put there a while ago. My eyes got wide when I opened it and saw two one hundred dollar bills inside.

 

“J-jessica-shi,” I stuttered since I still couldn’t believe what I saw.

 

“I thought you need the money,” she said without looking at me and started walking out the lab.

 

My heart jumped out for joy when I finally got my cash advance. See you in Busan, my dear Sunny! I turned the lights off and locked the lab then ran to catch up with my boss who left first.

 

“Let me walk you home, Ma’am,” I told her and smiled widely. Jessica-shi is really kind, she gave me a job, picked me up when I was drunk and even cooked breakfast for me twice. How can I ever repay her kindness? I didn’t know how to thank her besides saying thank you and working hard for her. Maybe I could ask her out for dinner sometimes? But for now, I decided to walk her home.

 

“I won’t give you more by just walking me home. Go home and rest. We’ll work again tomorrow,” my boss told me coldly as we walked down the busy streets of Seoul.

 

“I’m not demanding more money from you; I just want to accompany you, Jessica-shi. Let me repay you by doing this at least,” I told her and gave her a sincere smile.

 

She gave me a puzzling look but continued to walk after without a word. We walked for like twenty more minutes until we reached an apartment complex.

 

“You can go now. Take care,” she told me coldly and was about to walk away but I stopped her by pulling her wrist. “What now, Amber?” she told me in a tired tone.

 

“Thank you for everything, Jessica-shi.” Without hesitating, I kissed her on the right cheek before I ran away, afraid that she might hit me. I didn’t know how she reacted but I was just thankful and happy so I kissed her, I hope she won’t get me wrong.

 

I took a taxi home and was in a good mood because of my salary. Jessica-shi was kind enough to give me two hundred dollars as a cash advance for the three experiments I did for her, I hoped I could do more things for her next time. My smile faded when I opened my dorm room and saw Krystal sitting by the dining table with my roommate Yuri. What is this girl doing here when it’s so late?

 

“Finally, you’re here. I thought you went out drinking with pretty girls again,” Yuri said then approached me. “I’ll leave you two then.” My roommate said then walked out the room.

 

“You can go out as well, Krystal-shi.”

 

Krystal’s POV

 

When I saw Amber at school this afternoon, she smiled at me with her knee-dropping smile. But instead of smiling in return, I ignored her because I was with my friends. Yes, I didn’t want them to know my relationship with her because they would laugh at me for sure, saying that I’m disgusting.

 

Amber was hurt by what I did and I told her that I was sorry but she didn’t reply. I called her a hundred times but she turned her phone off that I started worrying and I ended up here in her dorm room, hoping I could talk to her and explain myself to her. Yuri-unnie told me that the llama would be late because she might be working or hanging out with friends but I didn’t care how long I needed to wait. I just wanted to talk to Amber.

 

“You can go out as well, Krystal-shi.” I was hurt when the llama began talking in the same cold formal tone like before. She walked past me and started searching the refrigerator.

 

“Are you hungry? I brought you dinner,” I told her and stood up to walk closer to her.

 

“I ate outside already,” she said and when I was standing close to her, she just walked past me again, continuing her cold treatment towards me. I knew everything was my fault but what she’s doing right now really hurts me a lot.

 

“Amber, let’s talk, please,” I begged her and back-hugged her. “I’m sorry, Amber,” I told her and tears started rolling down my cheeks. I don’t want to lose this llama. T.T

 

My painful heart was hurt even more when Amber removed my arms around her without a word and got my shoulder bag from the table instead then gave it to me. “You can leave now.”

 

“Amber, let me explain. You don’t understand why I did that,” I told her, sobbing.

 

“I understand, Krystal-shi. You don’t have to explain. Just get out of here,” she said as she pulled me towards the door and slammed it in front of me.

 

“Amber! Amber! Let me explain!” I yelled from the outside hoping for her to reconsider but she didn’t open the door. My tears flowed like a river as I sat on the hallway and waited outside her room. Amber, please talk to me. T.T

 

“Get up, Krystal-shi. Amber won’t talk to you.” It was Yuri-unnie.

 

I looked up at her with my teary eyes. “I won’t leave until she talks to me,” I answered and started sobbing again. I felt Yuri-unnie patted my shoulders.

 

“I swear, Amber won’t talk to you right now. You should go home, it’s late,” she told me.

 

“I thought she loves me, why is that llama hurting me right now?” I told her, wiping my tears away.

 

“She’s hurt by what you did too. Don’t worry, she just needs time to think,” Yuri-unnie assured me.

 

Yuri’s POV

 

I was surprised when Krystal came to our dorm with a worried face, looking for Amber. Now what did you do, stupid Amber? But I found out that it was Krystal’s fault too when she told me what happened. Amber must be in pain too, I tried to tell Krystal that for so many times when we were waiting for my roommate but the self-centred girl just kept saying that Amber doesn’t understand her so she needed to explain. But knowing Amber for a long time, she understood Krystal’s situation that’s why she’s avoiding Krystal. Poor roomie, the girl she loved was too selfish.

 

“Let’s go, Krystal-shi. I’ll take you home. Amber will talk to you soon, just give her some time,” I told the hard-headed Krystal who was weeping outside our door room.

 

“No, I’ll wait for Amber here no matter what,” Krystal said.

 

Aish. Amber got a stubborn girl here. I left Krystal where she was and entered the room. Amber was drinking a can of beer while typing something on her laptop.

 

“Yah! What do you think you’re doing?! You’re girlfriend is waiting for you outside!” I yelled at my roommate whose eyes were still fixed on the laptop screen.

 

“I’m busy, Yul. And Krystal-shi is not my girlfriend. Lower your voice, it’s sleeping time already,” she told me instead, still focused on what she was typing. I knew that she was just pretending not to care but deep inside she’s worried. “And Yul, I sent Jessica-shi’s files to your e-mail. Look over it if you have time.”

 

Amber’s mention of Jessica made my heart leaped that I quickly turned my laptop on and checked my e-mail. My roommate asked me to substitute her while she’s in Busan and I, Princess Jessica’s humble servant, am more than willing enough to do that.

 

I can’t wait for the weekend to come! :)