First Lab Escapade

Breaking Boundaries

Author's Note: Some yulsic progress. xD

---------------------------------------------

 

Yuri’s POV

 

My knees were trembling as I walked my way from my last class to the organic chemistry laboratory. Amber told me to meet Jessica there at exactly 6pm but I decided to go an hour earlier so I could have time to compose myself and of course, not to make Her Royal Highness wait.

 

“Hi, Ms. Jessica Jung. I’m Kwon Yuri, your laboratory assistant for today.” Too formal, Kwon Yuri. You should act coolly. “Hello, Ms. Jung. I’m Kwon Yuri. Amber asked me to substitute for her.” No. Don’t mention Amber in front of her. It’s your time to shine. I kept rehearsing different lines for my meeting with Jessica as I walked on the hallway. Relax, Kwon Yuri. Why are you getting so nervous right now? It’s not so like you. Just use your charm towards her.

 

I finally arrived at the lab but I almost got a heart attack the moment I entered the room. My jaw dropped as well as my heart when I saw my ever so beautiful Princess Jessica in her lab gown, scribbling some chemical formulas on the white board. Gawd. She looks so beautiful in white.

 

“You’re early, Yuri-shi,” she said without looking at me, still seriously writing equations. Her mention of my name in her icy voice froze me where I was and made me speechless.

 

It looks like Amber told her about me already but I decided to introduce myself to her formally. “Good afternoon, Ms. Jung. I’m Kwon Yuri,” I introduced myself with a bow before I put my things on the counter and put my lab gown on. I was surprised when Jessica stopped writing and walked towards me to offer her hand for a handshake. Holding her hand felt like holding a live wire, the electric current flowed throughout my whole body.

 

“You’re Amber’s roommate, right?” she replied with the coldest but the sweetest smile I’ve ever seen, melting my heart like melted cheese on a pizza. “It’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Jessica Jung, by the way.” I loved the feeling of her hands on mine but she pulled it back first.

 

“Nice to meet you too, Jessica-shi,” I replied with a smile.

 

“Why are you so early? You’re supposed to meet me after an hour,” she said as she gazed at me with her pair of cold eyes that I fear the most.

 

“W-well, I-I just thought that maybe we can start early so we could finish early too?” I stuttered without meeting her cold eyes looking at me.

 

“Hmm. Shall we start then? Just do what I tell you to do, okay?” And I just nodded as a response.

 

I’ll do anything for you, Your Royal Highness. Just tell me your wish. :”>

 

The experiment she asked me to perform was too easy that I even got an excellent grade when I performed it in our laboratory practical exam. But this time, I couldn’t concentrate doing it with Jessica’s presence. I couldn’t even pipette out samples from stock solutions properly since my hands trembled as Jessica’s scary eyes watched me.

 

“Yah! Aren’t you going to do it properly?! We’ll get erroneous data in the end!” she yelled at me when I failed to transfer the right amount of sodium hydroxide solution on the test tube.

 

“S-sorry, J-Jessica-shi,” I uttered with a bow and repeated the same step twice until I finally got the volume right. Her Royal Highness looked really pissed but I was so nervous since she was looking at my performance intently like waiting for me to make a mistake. Aish. Kwon Yuri, do it right you idiot! How can you impress her if you’re like that? -.-

 

“Let me do it. You’re just wasting samples,” Jessica scowled and continued the experiment. And I just facepalmed at my stupidity. “You can go now, Yuri-shi.”

 

Ottoke?? My princess is driving me away. I just sighed and sadly took my lab gown off. My heart was aching so much, my dreams of perfect moments with my Jessica tonight shattered like a broken glass. “Mianhae, Jessica-shi,” I just told her in a cheerless voice and prepared to go when..

 

BOOM!

 

“AHHHH!”

 

The sound was too loud that I even got shocked but I was more startled when I found Jessica’s arms tightly wrapped around me. She was wearing a frightened expression on her face with her eyes closed tightly. I felt her warmth as our bodies came in contact with each other, the warmth that I never felt from any of my girlfriends before. And so my hands automatically hugged her back.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

I was getting impatient with Kwon Yuri when she continuously made mistakes while performing the experiment. Does this girl really know how to perform laboratory techniques? Is she really a chemistry student too like what Amber told me? How come she’s such a failure?! But this Kwon Yuri looked undeniably cute when she’s nervous. Yes, I couldn’t help but stare at her face too while I watched her perform the experiment. Why is she so nervous anyway?

 

“Let me do it. You’re just wasting samples,” I scowled at her and continued the experiment instead. I couldn’t meet my thesis deadline if this Kwon Yuri continues making a mess. “You can go now, Yuri-shi,” I told her. Yuri looked so sad when she heard me and she started fixing her things weakly. I’m sorry but I can’t work with someone like you. Even if you’re someone close to my Amber.

 

But Yuri’s gloomy expression on her attractive face bothered me a lot. Why do you have to look like a puppy being sent away? You’re making me guilty! Aish. This Kwon Yuri is really annoying. >.<

 

I didn’t know what I had done wrong when suddenly,

 

BOOM!

 

I almost got a heart attack upon hearing the explosion of something. I closed my eyes and held onto something because of fear. Or is it someone? I slowly opened my eyes and there I found myself in the arms of the annoying Kwon Yuri. And my arms were around her too!

 

“Yah! What are you doing?!” I yelled at her as I felt my blood rushing up to my face.

 

“Y-you h-hug me first,” Amber’s annoyingly cute roommate stuttered.

 

Aish. Of course it’s you who hugged her first, Jessica Jung! But I admit, I felt secured in Yuri’s arms.

 

“W-Whatever,” I replied and turned my back on her. Gawd. That was so embarrassing! >.<

 

“Uhmm. Jessica-shi, be careful,” I heard Yuri told me. “Chlorine is a very reactive substance. It reacts so easily when it gets in contact with something.”

 

I turned to face her again. “And so?” What the hell is this worried face, Kwon Yuri?!

 

“The loud explosion was due to that reaction of chlorine,” she explained in a worried tone too.

 

I just nodded and continued writing some data but I was still afraid of touching the experiment set up. So Kwon Yuri isn’t dumb at all? But she started walking away and headed for the door. I couldn’t let that stupid go when I could make the same mistake again and cause another explosion.

 

“Yah! Where are you going?!” I yelled at her.

 

“Home,” she replied with a slight smile.

 

“Put it back on,” I ordered her.

 

“What?” the clueless Yuri said.

 

“Your lab gown!”

 

Yuri’s POV

 

Jessica really looked cute even when yelling at me like that. I loved the way she asked me to stay in a cold bossy voice though it sounded more like of an order. I was so happy Jessica-shi let me stay that I quickly put back my bag on the counter and wear my lab gown again. You got a second chance to be with your princess, Kwon Yuri. Don’t mess up again!

 

“Please do it right this time, Yuri-shi,” Jessica told me without meeting my eyes. Wait, is that fear in her eyes right now? Oh no, princess. Your knight in shining armour is here for you.

 

I continued the experiment and handled everything with care; I didn’t want to disappoint my Jessica for the second time. Everything went smoothly in the next three hours until we finished. I didn’t let her do anything except recording the observations. The fear in Jessica’s eyes was still present even when we were done with everything.

 

“Are you scared?” I asked her as we were walking out of the chemistry building together.

 

“A little,” she replied in her cold icy voice as she untied her long blonde hair and flipped it like what those models do in a shampoo commercial. Gawd. My princess looked stunningly beautiful.

 

“May I ask why?” I really want to remove your fear, Your Highness.

 

“Traumatic experience I guess,” she replied then lowered her head.

 

“Why? What happened?” I really got concerned all of a sudden when she told me that. What happened to my dear princess that she looked so afraid?

 

“I almost burned our house down while experimenting. After that I shifted from chemistry to biology instead. I’m afraid to do the same mistake again,” she responded. There was sadness in her voice.

 

I didn’t dig into it further no matter how much I wanted to know the details. We just walked silently until we reached the campus gate. Now it’s your chance to walk her home, Kwon Yuri!

 

“Where do you live? I’ll accompany you home.” I gathered all my courage to ask her. Please say yes, dear. Please, please, please.

 

“No, thanks. I can go home alone,” she answered with a faint smile.

 

Aish. I can’t let my princess go home alone. “I insist, Jessica-shi.”

 

She just looked at me again with those scary eyes but I tried my best to resist it. “Okay.”

 

Omo! I can’t wait to see the castle where my princess lives. :D

 

We just remained silent while we were in the taxi. I was actually dying from happiness inside because of the progress I was making with my Jessica. It all felt like a dream, I dreamt two nights ago about taking her home. That dream is finally happening right here, right now! ^_^

 

“Thank you for today, Yuri-shi,” she told me when we got in front of her apartment.

 

“No problem, Jessica-shi. Goodnight,” I told her and gave her my trademark drop-dead wink.

 

“Goodnight,” she replied with a heart-melting smile too. “Oh, can I have your number?”

 

Wait. Let me absorb it first. Jessica is asking for my number. My princess Jessica Jung is asking for my number! Yay! She asked me my number first for heaven’s sake! Woohoo!

 

“Yah, why are you smiling stupidly?!”

 

I contained my smile when I heard her and typed my number on her phone. :”>

 

We exchanged goodnights before I happily went home.

 

Jessica Jung, you’re really something. You made the mighty Kwon Yuri fall crazily in love with you.

 

But when I got home, the last person I expected to be there was actually there.

 

“Amber? I thought you left for Busan?” I asked my roommate who was bound to leave for Busan earlier this afternoon. What the hell is this llama doing here? Aish. I hope she didn’t change her mind or else I’m doomed! Today was extremely great and I wanted to spend more time with my Jessica but if Amber changed her plans of attending the seminar, then I need to say goodbye to my laboratory escapades with Jessica. -.-

 

“Hello, Yul. How did the experiments go?” Amber, who was wearing shorts and a plain shirt, asked me while she was busily scanning some papers. She looked like she had no plans on going somewhere. Now what is this idiot up to?

 

“Smoothly done of course. Yah, why are you really here? I thought you left this afternoon?” I was more than curious why Amber didn’t take the last KTX trip to Busan as planned.

 

“I’m planning to travel by car with Krystal and it is all part of a plan.” Amber replied with sparkling eyes and ear to ear smile. “I’m going to ask her to be my girlfriend tomorrow, Yul.”