Forgotten

Breaking Boundaries

 

Author's Note: So you guys want more drama, huh? :)) Alright, here's another dramatic chapter with unexpected twists.

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

Yuri’s POV

 

My mind was in a total mess after finding out my Jessica’s relationship with Krystal that I decided to stay cool for a while. I thought of discussing it with Amber when she came back but my stupid roommate looked like she was still enjoying the Busan breeze with Krystal when she didn’t return that Monday morning.

 

It was Tuesday night when I found out what really happened. Jessica came on my doorstep, crying with her swollen cold eyes. She was actually the first person to tell me about Amber’s condition and I hated myself for being the last person to know. Damn it, Amber! You have to get up and fix the things you started!-.- 

 

But that same night, Jessica surprisingly brought the topic that I feared the most. But I couldn’t lie to Her Royal Highness that just even thinking about it made me weak.

 

“Do you know that Amber and my sister are friends? They went to Busan as a group,” she told me after crying so long while hugging my roommate’s pillow on her bed.

 

They’re not just actually friends, Jessica-shi. -.- “Uh. Yeah,” I simply replied, trying to avoid more questions from Her Royal Highness. I couldn’t just let her interrogate me more; she had to know the truth either from Krystal or Amber, not from me. >.<

 

“I think she’s the person that my sister likes,” Jessica uttered in a soft voice full of pain and bitterness. “And maybe my sister is Amber’s girlfriend.” What she said petrified me like a statue. Ottoke? Shall I tell her? She already had a hint anyway! Aish.

 

“What made you think like that?” I replied nervously. Amber, you idiot! Why did you leave me on such an uneasy spot?! Aigoo. Let me just sleep there in your place! >.<

 

I saw how a sincere tear dropped from Jessica’s crystal-like eyes before a weak smile curved on her lips.“I’m not a fool, Yuri-shi. I just knew it.”

 

“B-But h-how—

 

“Krystal’s been crying nonstop since the day of the accident. She never cried like that in her entire life,” she replied with a sigh and hugged Amber’s pillow tighter this time, burying her face on it. “A-And m-my little sister’s scent is a-all over the p-pillowcase, even on the sh-sheets,” Jessica said in a cracking tone and I knew she would be crying again in no time.

 

“Let’s say you’re right. What are you going to do then?” I asked without looking at her.

 

Please tell me you’re going to move on. *fingers crossed*

 

“I still won’t stop loving Amber.”

 

Rest in peace, Kwon Yuri’s heart. T.T

 

Krystal’s POV

 

Jessica unnie had no idea what happened between me and Amber. I purposely hid it from her so she could continue what she had started with Amber already. I kept crying everynight at the thought of Amber’s condition, and everytime I thought that she wouldn’t wake up anymore, I would cry even more until I couldn’t breathe easy.

 

Without Amber by my side, I felt as lifeless as she was at the moment. I need her as much as she needs the life support system right now. But who was I to need her like that? I was the one who broke up with her anyway. *sigh*

 

Damn it. Just wake up, Amber! Even if you leave my side for real! Even if you go far away from me, I’ll be fine. Just get up from that hospital bed and live! Even if you get married with my sister, it’s okay, I will even sing the congratulatory song for you. Just wake up!

 

I missed Amber so much that I brought myself to the hospital to take a peek on her and there I saw Choi Minho looking after my llama. I wonder where her family is. Minho was emotional when he saw me, he kept saying how guilty he was but I assured him that everything would be fine.

 

I was comforting him in my arms when we heard the voice I was aching to hear for a long time. It was Amber! Amber just woke up! Yay! I was so happy that I hugged her, setting aside what happened last week. But her reaction left me dumbfounded.

 

“Who’s this girl, Minho-yah?” The question was made me pull away from Amber. Who am I? Yah, Amber Liu. Are you playing a trick on me? Are you that desperate to get rid of me and be happy with my sister instead? I’m willing to sacrifice for your happiness, you idiot!

 

“A-Amber, it’s Krystal—

 

“Your girlfriend? Aish, you should have told me,” the llama smiled weakly at her Minho and turned her cold eyes on me. “C’mon, sister-in-law, give me another hug,” she told me before gently pulling me again for a hug. The feeling of her cold hands on my arms was sending thousands of shock to my whole system. How I missed this feeling. *sigh*

 

Before I got lost inside her arms, I pulled off again. “Y-You really don’t r-remember?” I asked her. She just stared at me with her cold blank eyes once again and just shook her head.

 

“No, it can’t be,” Minho uttered in disbelief, stepping back as he shook his head slowly. “Doctor! Someone out there! Please!” he yelled as he stepped outside the room.

 

Silence filled the space between Amber and me. She struggled to get up as she winced in pain.

 

“Don’t force yourself too much!” I scolded her when she tried to get up.

 

“Geez, you’re scary,” she just told me before struggling up once again.

 

“You’re stubborn,” I scowled and she just replied with a smirk.

 

Does she really not remember me at all? Why, Amber? Why do you have to forget me? T.T “Excuse me for a while.” The thought made my tears burst on their own that I had to excuse myself from her.

 

“Krystal dear, why are you—

 

I just walked past Vic unnie who was about to enter the room too and ran away. This is too much, Amber. T.T Why do you have to forget me when I could clearly remember every single second I spent with you? That’s so unfair! T.T

 

I just went home, straight to my bedroom and buried my face on the pillows. I would probably spend another night shedding more tears for that llama again. T.T

 

Victoria’s POV

 

“The patient might be suffering from temporary memory loss due to the strong impact on her head during the accident,” the doctor explained before leaving us for a while.

 

My heart felt relieved when I saw Amber awake after a week-long sleep. This kid really made me worried to death when she was declared in a comatose state. Good thing she woke up already in Krystal’s presence. I suppose love is the medicine after all? But Minho told me that Amber couldn’t remember Krystal! Gaaawd. How can these things happen to these two? -.-

 

“Bro, you should go back to rest,” Minho told his bestfriend who still looked so weak.

 

“Why don’t you buy something to eat, Minho-yah? I’m sure Amber’s hungry,” I told Minho.

 

“Oh yeah. You’re probably hungry, dude. What do you want to eat?” Minho asked.

 

“Uhmm. Hotdogs,” Amber replied with a forced smile before her bestfriend left the two of us alone.

 

“Hotdogs? Why do you want to eat hotdogs?” I asked Amber as I sat beside her bed and fixed the blanket wrapped around her.

 

“I just wanted to eat hotdogs,” she replied weakly and began resting her head.

 

“But why of all food, why does it have to be hotdogs?” I asked her, I didn’t care how stubborn she would find me but I had to make her remember Krystal. I will constantly remind you about your love for Krystal Jung, Amber Liu! >.<

 

“Vic noona, I love hotdogs since I was a kid,” she explained.

 

“So you remember me?”

 

“Of course I do. You’re my noona who acts like my umma, Victoria Song who’s deeply in love with Nichkhun Horvejkul hyung,” she replied with a grin. Hmm. So the idiot remembers me? What memories did Amber forget aside from Krystal?

 

“Hmm. Do you remember something about the accident? Do you remember yourself fanboying over Sunny at the festival? Do you remember what happened that night?” I bombarded Amber with questions. She might remember one of the last things that happened before her accident. “Or perhaps you remember this?” I pulled out the star necklace that the medics found on Amber’s hand. It was the same necklace that she gave Krystal and maybe the same thing that she was picking when she got into an accident. Aish, you must remember this. You risked your life for this! >.<

 

Amber just curved a slight smile on her face as she looked away. “You shouldn’t force someone with amnesia to remember things all of a sudden.”

 

Well, Amber had a point there. But still, I had to make her remember Krystal as soon as possible. “Are you sure you can’t remember anything about Krystal?”

 

Amber just smiled bitterly and looked at me with cold but extremely lonely eyes. “Noona, how can I forget the person that I love the most?”

 

I knew it.

 

Amber’s POV

 

Amnesia? It’s the best way to forget about someone and bury your memories with that person in oblivion. I once wished to have amnesia when I was bitterly dealing with my heartbreak with Ji Won. But they say only a severe blow to the head would cause it.

 

I got into an accident and the severe blow to the head that I was wishing for finally came. But it brought nothing but intense pain to my head, not the miracle of forgetting about someone I really wanted to forget in an instant. My memories with Krystal, they’re still inside my mind. My love for Krystal, it’s still burning deep inside my heart.

 

Death almost took me away but the image of Krystal kept popping in my dream like jack in a box. Seeing her gave me strength to fight against death and that time, I won, giving me the prize of wrapping my arms once again around Krystal. And when I opened my eyes after a long and weary dream, she was the first person I saw. But her arms were around somebody else.

 

She hugged me when she saw me awake. Guilty hug, I guess? But my heart prevailed that time, so I pulled her back for another hug, a ‘sister-in-law hug’. In her arms was the warmest and safest place in the whole wide universe. But I couldn’t stay in them for so long anymore.

 

Why? She belongs to Minho now. She broke up with me to be with Minho. She chose my bestfriend over me. I was such a fool for believing that a girl like her could love me for real. In the end, she chose a real guy and dumped me.

 

Amnesia? Who would know whether I really have amnesia or not? The fact that it’s the easiest way to forget someone, the fact that it wouldn’t bother anyone but me, I would like to hold on to that so Krystal and Minho could be happy, without thinking about hurting my feelings. But heaven knows that I couldn’t forget Krystal Jung no matter what happens.

 

“Noona, how can I forget the person that I love the most?” I told Noona when she asked me if I really forgot about Krystal.

 

“You can’t forget about her, Amber Liu,” she told me with narrowed eyes.

 

“Yes, I can’t, noona. And I probably won’t. But I can always...pretend.”