Five

You're Special

Yoonmi quietly got out of the bathroom, went to her room (She doesn't have an upstairs or a basement), and wrote something on a little piece of paper. She then quietly peeked over at the kitchen. 

Lu Han was looking at the back of a small box- at the instructions, and was stirring something in a pot. He was also wearing Yoonmi's pink apron. Yoonmi blinked, and opened slightly. Wow... He can c-cook...!

Yoonmi bit her lip as she walked closer to Lu Han- who had no clue about Yoonmi walking closer to him. 

"U-Uh... L-Lu Han..." She said quietly, making Lu Han suprised. He looked back, and saw Yoonmi looking down. Lu Han hummed in response, and smiled alittle.

Yoonmi slowly nodded, and looked at Lu Han's hands. "Lu Han..." Yoonmi murmured, making Lu Han raise a brow. "Yes, Yoonmi?" He answered.

Yoonmi slowly took out the piece of paper from her pocket, and handed it to Lu Han. He raised his brows, and took it out of her hand. She then coughed abit, and walked back to her room.

Lu Han chuckled lightly as he watched her cutely walk away. He then looked at the piece of paper, and unfolded it. 

Thank you for being my partner... and for spending your eating time with me... 

Lu Han smiled, and folded it back, and carefully slip in in this pocket. 

His smile then faded away slowly as he continued to cook. She has always... been alone. No friends, no sisters ,no brothers, no parents...

Lu Han sighed, and his lips.


 Yoonmi shut her door quietly, ran to her bed, immediately hugging her only pillow. 

She looked around her room. It was basically empty. The reason how she got a house, a bed- all those things, was that her grandma used to give her all these things. 

Well... she calls the women, 'grandma.' She was 10 years old that time.

She never really had a real family. But the only family she had was her 'grandma'. 

But... she's not here anymore. The 'grandma' was now in heaven. Resting in peace.

When Lu Han asked her if she was always alone, she answered yes...

It wasn't really a lie, since... if she did tell Lu Han about the 'grandma' she once had, Yoonmi would cry so so hard. And one more thing... Yoonmi wasn't related to that 'grandma' at all. It was a complete stranger at first. 

Yoonmi felt her warm tears rolling down her cheeks, remembering that 'grandma' she once had. 

"I-I miss y-you... g-grand-ma-ma..." Yoonmi started to sob quietly on her pillow. 


Lu Han clapped his hands right after he was done lying out dishes of food. It looked amazingly delicious.

Lu Han smiled- proud of himself, and couldn't wait until eating it with Yoonmi. Speaking of Yoonmi...

"Yoonmi!" Lu Han said loudly, smiling.

No response.

"Yoonmi!" Lu Han repeated, still smiling.

No response.

Lu Han furrowed his brows, and slowly made his way infront of Yoonmi's room door. Her house was really petite.

"Yoonmi?" Lu Han said, knocking on her door softly.

No response.

Lu Han bit his lip, and knocked again. Nobody opened the door nor answered.

Lu Han sighed, and coughed. "Yoonmi... I-I'm coming in..." He said, as he slowly turned the doorknob and opened the door. 

He blinked as he saw Yoonmi's figure on bed, with the pillow still in her arms, and her face hiding in it. Lu Han slightly smiled, and made his way to Yoonmi.

"Yoonmi-ah?" He said as he gently tapped her arm.

She was frozen.

Lu Han bit his lip, and carefully took the pillow out of her arms- revealing a sleeping Yoonmi.

Lu Han softly chuckled, and unknowingly brushed a strand of hair off her forehead. He then took his hand back, and stared at her.

His smile faded immediately as he noticed her reddish nose, and dry tears on her cheeks. (The shining)

"Yoonmi... were you crying?" Lu Han whispered, as he lied her down on her bed, with her pillow behind her head. He placed her thin blanket over her- stopping at her neck. 

Lu Han sighed softly, and held her little hand into both of his. 

"When you wake up, please tell me why you were crying. I'm here for you." He whispered, and slightly smiled.