Forty-Two

You're Special

Lu Han's eyes slightly rounded.

"What?" 

Yoonmi shut her eyes and shook her head, "N - Nevermind." she said and smiled nervously, her face getting red.

Lu Han just blinked and slowly nodded, "A - Are you sure?" he asked, looking at her. Yoonmi just nodded and shook her hands slightly, "Y - Yes. B - Bye, Lu Han." she said and quickly made her way to her front door, making Lu Han's brow raise. 

"O - Oh! L - Lu Han?" Yoonmi tried to raise her voice - but was still quiet. Even though it was quiet, Lu Han could hear it loud and clear. 

"Yes?" Lu Han replied and smiled, looking at her back. 

Yoonmi placed the key in and held the doorknob. 

"I like you too." she mumbled and felt her face heating up.

Lu Han blinked and poked his head, trying to process something, "W - What?" 

Yoonmi looked back slightly and looked at him, "N - Nothing." she just said and opened her door, going in and closing the door afterwards.

Lu Han widened his eyes and froze in his spot, "Y - Yoonmi! Wait - Wha -- ?" Lu Han blurted and felt his face heating up and his heart pounding violently against his chest. 

Yoonmi felt her heart about to burst. She shut her eyes and slide down - her bum hitting the ground softly, 

"T - Tomorrow ... I'll tell him p - properly tomorrow." she mumbled and patted her cheeks, swallowing. 

 

 

Lu Han walked home with a small smile on his face, 

"Did I really hear that right?" he mumbled to himself and smiled a bit wider unknowingly.

Right after he closed the door behind him, he felt a hand on his shoulder. Lu Han furrowed his brows and slowly turned his head around - seeing his mother with a bright smile on. Lu Han broke out into a smile as well and raised his brow slightly, "Hi mom." he said.

"Hello Lu Han." his mom patted his shoulder and slowly lead him to the kitchen. Lu Han just followed his mother and hummed a happy song to himself.

His humming slowly stopped when he saw a back of a person - a girl to be exact. He blinked and his smiled instantly faded when the girl turned around. 

"Lu Han!" she chimed and attacked him with a tight hug. Lu Han furrowed his brows and looked at his mom and Insu. Insu just stayed quiet and his fists were clenched. His eyes and nose were a bit red while tears were filling up in his eyes. Lu Han pulled the girl away gently and took a step back, "W - Who -- What - " he kept looking at the girl and at his mom. 

Mrs. Lu smiled and stood beside the girl, putting her hand on her shoulder, "Lu Han ..." his mother said smiling at him, "This is Juhee." she said, making the girl beside her, Juhee, smile. 

Lu Han kept his brows furrowed and he glanced at Insu who was just staring blankly at the ground, "Why is she here?" he asked, looking at Juhee. 

Mrs. Lu frowned, "Lu Han! Please ... be nice." she said, making Juhee swallow.

Lu Han just looked at his mother and frowned deeply, "I don't even know her." he just answered and walked past them, crouching down infront of Insu, "Insu?" 

Insu looked up at his older brother and instantly wrapped his arms around him - making Lu Han widen his eyes, "I - Insu ... Did something happen?" he whispered, patting Insu's back.

"I don't like Ju - " 

"Enough!" Mrs. Lu shouted - making everyone widen their eyes and shot their heads towards Mrs. Lu. Mrs. Lu rubbed her temples and looked at Lu Han, "Lu Han! You did not greet out guest properly! Come back and - "

"No." Lu Han said sharply, picking up Insu in his arms, "I don't care if a guest is here. I don't want or need to know her. All I care right now is Insu." he said sharply, walking past his mother and Juhee - heading upstairs. 

Mrs. Lu sighed loudly and rubbed her temples, "Juhee sweetie, I'm sorry. My son - he's just ..." Mrs. Lu shut her eyes and shook her head. 

Juhee shook her head and smiled, "It's fine, Mrs. Lu. He's just not familar with me right now." Juhee said and patted the woman's back. 

Juhee swallowed and glanced at the stairs, "I'm sure he's nice." Juhee said and smiled widely, thinking back to the handsome boy she just saw.

Mrs. Lu sighed once more and nodded. 

Juhee chuckled lightly and pressed her lips into a firm line. 

 

 

 


Im Ju-hee

Birthdate: October 25th, 1991 (A year younger than Lu Han and Yoonmi.)

 

*hehe edited foreword for visualization(s)