Forty-Three

You're Special

 

 

 

Lu Han smiled at his younger brother, who is now smiling and playing one of his favorite games.  

"Feeling better?" he whispered softly, patting Insu's head. Insu smiled cheekily and nodded, "Thank you, hwung!" he chimed and attacked Lu Han with a hug. Lu Han widened his eyes but broke out into a smile as he wrapped his arms around the little body. 

"Who is she?" Lu Han whispered, patting Insu's back. Insu looked up at Lu Han and puckered his little lips, "I thought mommy told you ..." Insu mumbled and pulled away from Lu Han, focusing on the game again. Lu Han raised his brow and shrugged, "Mm. Why don't you like her?" Lu Han asked, staring at Insu. 

Insu looked at Lu Han and puffed up his cheeks, "Whenever mommy doesn't look, Juhee would glare at me!" Insu said and pouted. Lu Han blinked and squinted his eyes, "Glare?" 

"I think it's because I said she wasn't pretty as princess noona." Insu grinned. Lu Han laughed and shook his head, "Oh my gosh, Insu! But ..." Lu Han said and leaned closer, whispering, 

"I agree." 

Insu giggled and placed his hands on Lu Han's flushed cheeks, "Hwung, you're going to grow up just like me!" Insu grinned widely- making Lu Han raise his brow, "But aren't I older than you?" Lu Han grinned back.

Insu face-palmed, "But hwung! You act like a baby! You're like a one year old trapped inside a big guy's body!" Insu said and giggled at the end. Lu Han's eye twitched but laughed.

"Insu? Lu Han?" 

Lu Han and Insu froze, hearing someone call their names and knocking on the door. Insu slowly turned off the game and looked at Lu Han. Lu Han inhaled and slowly got out of the bed, heading to the door. He slowly opened it and saw his mother crossing her arms, "Downstairs. Now." she said sharply, taking Lu Han's arm and quickly but gently yanking him out of the room. 

Insu widened his eyes and stood up on the bed, "Mommy! Why are you so mean to hwung?!" Insu shouted, unconsciously glaring at his mother. 

His mother blinked and bit her lower lip, "Insu. Dear - Please ... please stay out of this." she whispered and shut the door - making Insu burst into tears - but was silent. Even though he's young, he's experienced enough to know many.

 

 

"Mom! Let go!" Lu Han shouted and yanked his arm away from her. Mrs. Lu rubbed her temples and heavily sighed, "Lu Han! Just listen, okay?!" his mother shouted back and a tint of anger was shown in her eyes. Lu Han swallowed and looked at her. He silenced.

"Juhee," his mother said as she dragged Lu Han in the kitchen. Juhee looked up from drinking a glass of water and placed the glass down, "Oh." 

Lu Han was forced to sit beside Juhee and his mother was infront of them. "Lu Han." his mother sternly said, making Lu Han look at her with a unreadable expression. 

"Juhee will be staying next door along with her parents ... She will be going to the same school as you and tomorrow you will have to walk her to school in the morning - "

"Stop right there." Lu Han said, looking at Juhee and back at his mother, "Why?"

"Don't you remember Mrs. Im?" Mrs Lu asked, her lips starting to curl up into a little smile.

Lu Han froze and felt his eye twitch. Mrs. Im ... the woman that Lu Han couldn't stand. He didn't hate her, he just couldn't stand her. Mrs. Im will always pinch his cheeks, ears and sometimes his nose. She will always go to his mom whenever she's having problems with her family and husband ... s.

Lu Han slowly nodded and continued to stare at his mother.

"Juhee is Mrs. Im's daughter. You have to be nice to her and treat her well. Be there for her and help her in school since she's new." Mrs. Lu said and smiled sweetly at Juhee, who smiled back.

Lu Han clenched his fists and looked at his mother, "Ask someone else." he said in a monotone. 

Mrs. Lu winced and frowned, "Lu Han ..." his mother muttered and massaged her temples again. Juhee looked at Lu Han and touched his arm, making him look at her and move his arm away, "Don't."

Juhee swallowed but touched his arm again, moving a little closer to his ear,

"If you don't, your mother will be fired."