Thirty-Three

You're Special

Rejected.

The most awful feeling you could feel.

Lu Han felt his heart shatter and his eyes staring blankly at Yoonmi, "W - What?" 

Yoonmi shook her head and took a step back from him, "I - I'm sorry, Lu - Lu Han..." She repeated and placed her hands above her heart. 

Lu Han's face immediately paled. His heart stopped beating. It was hard to breathe.

"Y - Yoonmi... Wh - What do you mean by that?" Lu Han whispered and stared at her.

Yoonmi shook her head and looked down, "I... I - I don't know..." 

Lu Han sadly smiled and cupped her cheeks, suprising her and making her look up at him with wide eyes. Lu Han leaned forward and placed a soft, long kiss on her lips with his own- making her breath hitch and her eyes widening even more.

Lu Han closed his eyes and a tiny little tear rolled down his cheek- but it was unnoticeable due to the rain. But to Lu Han, he could feel it due to the hotness of the tear.

Yoonmi didn't know what was happening.

This boy. This boy who made her heart flutter and her days happy- is... kissing her. She yet... rejected this boy.

She didn't respond- making Lu Han ache even more. She didn't know what to do. What was happening. This was all new to her. Everything. Unknowingly rejecting, kissing- everything.

Lu Han slowly pulled away, sadly and weakly smiling at her.

"J - Just remember... that I like you and that... I'll try harder."

-

Yoonmi entered her home silently. 

She didn't know what happened. 

She felt her heart and head ache- why... why did she reject? Was she scared? Of what? She didn't know herself. She didn't even mean to reject... it just- slipped.

She lifelessly plopped down on the couch and started covering her face with her hands, "L- Lu Han..." She whispered and a soft sob escaped her lips.

After a few minutes, she entered her washroom and stared at her reflection. Her hair was all wet- clinging on her face.

She sniffed and took a towel, slowly drying her hair. She looked down at her sink and sighed, "What did Lu Han mean by...?"

She shook it off and stared blankly at the mirror. 

Lu Han has always made her happy and smiling. He was always filled with surprises and always made her heart flutter and warm up. Sounds cheesy, but accurate.

She looked down at the sink once more and weakly smiled.

"I never knew."

-

"Hwung?"

"Lu Han?"

Lu Han walked into his house and looked up to see his mother with worried eyes, holding Insu in her arms. Lu Han bit his lower lip and walked past her- making her furrow her brows.

"Lu Han!"

"What?!" 

Insu tightened the grip around his mother's neck and Mrs. Lu furrowed her brows even more, "Lu Han! Please don't yell! I'm just worried!" She said sharply- making sure she wasn't yelling.

Lu Han bit his lip harder in guilt. Insu felt his lips quiver, "H - Hwung?"

Lu Han looked at Insu and forced a weak smile, "Yes?"

Insu lightened the grip around his mother's neck and reached his hand out to touch Lu Han's head, "Please don't get sick, hwung." Insu said and moved Lu Han's bangs to a side- making Lu Han stare at his little brother.

For a little boy, Insu was quite smart.

Lu Han sadly smiled and nodded, "Alright." He whispered and slowly walked past them- upstairs. 

Mrs. Lu sighed and looked at Insu, "Let's worry about him after he gets dried up, okay?" 

Insu nodded and looked at the stairs, "But hwung looked-"

Mrs. Lu shushed him and forced a smile, "I'm sure he's fine, Insu." 

Insu nodded and looked at his fingers. It was wet since he touched Lu Han's wet hair. Insu pouted and let out a quiet sigh,

"Hwung..."