Sixteen

You're Special

"Yoonmi noona!" 

It was time to go home. Everyone left the classroom- except Yoonmi and Sehun. Yoonmi stiffened and slowly turned her head towards Sehun.

"Yoonmi noona! Would you like to walk home with-"

"S-Sorry! I-I-I have to go somewhere after s-school!" Yoonmi blurted and ran past him, making his heart drop. Sehun stood there dumbfounded.

"...Me..." He finished and turned around slowly, seeing nobody behind him.

-

Yoonmi's breathing got heavy as she hid behind a store. She looked down at her feet and placed her hands above her heart. "Th-That was close... I would've made him waste time..." She whispered to herself, sadly smiling.

She bit her lower lip and straightened up herself. She looked at the store and started digging into her pockets- seeing if she has some cash. She widened her eyes slightly and found two dollars inside her pocket. She smiled alittle and began walking into the store.

"Hm... vanilla? Or strawberry...?" She mumbled to herself, looking at both flavors of icecream. She widened her eyes as she felt someone beside her, pointing at the vanilla. 

She slowly looked at the person's face- seeing a pretty girl. 

"I-It's you..." Yoonmi mumbled and looked at her. The girl smiled and gave some cash to the cashier- getting two cones of vanilla icecream in return. She handed one to Yoonmi and motioned Yoonmi to follow her.

Yoonmi followed her and nervously looked at the back of the girl's head. The girl then stopped and turned around, facing Yoonmi. "What are you waiting for? Go ahead, take a bite." The girl said and chuckled, biting to her own treat.

Yoonmi nervously took a small bite. The girl smirked. "So... have you been bothering them today?" She asked, making Yoonmi freeze.

"N-No... I left them alone... I think they'll reach their goals faster like this... without distractions." Yoonmi mumbled and took another bite in her treat. The girl nodded and faked a sweet smile. "You really did make a good decision." she said and gave Yoonmi a thumbs up.

Yoonmi slowly nodded and stared blankly at the ground- making the girl her lips.

"Well, you don't have to pay me back. Enjoy and goodbye." She said, making Yoonmi blink.

"B-Bye..." Yoonmi whispered and waved abit.

-

Lu Han stared blankly at Sehun.

"Hyung... Yoonmi noona is acting strange today..." Sehun pouted.

Lu Han kept quiet and looked at Sehun dumbly. "How?" Lu Han asked.

Sehun tilted his head and stared at his wall. "Well... Today... She just... left. Like... right about asking her to walk with me... She cut in and just ran. She seemed... scared." Sehun whispered and bit his lower lip.

Lu Han sighed and patted the younger boy's back. "Maybe... She's busy today. Maybe she has a part-job or something..." Lu Han said. Deep inside, Lu Han is worried about this behavior of Yoonmi. Yoonmi never acted like this before... She always accepted offers like walking home. She was never rude and she never just... ran like that.

"Maybe..." Sehun pouted again and lied his head on Lu Han's lap.

"Noona is special to me... I'm worried." Sehun whispered and hugged his pillow.

Lu Han looked down at Sehun and felt a little pang. Yoonmi... is special to Sehun? Does he...

"Do you like Yoonmi?" Lu Han blurted- making Sehun look up at Lu Han. Sehun pinked and hugged his pillow tighter. Lu Han bit his lip and looked at Sehun. "Do you? Please... don't lie to your hyung..." Lu Han whispered.

Sehun shut his eyes closed and inhaled.

"Yes."