Thirty-Five

You're Special

"Yoonmi, can you give this to Miss Park in class f-4?" 

Yoonmi slowly looked up and blinked slowly, "C - Class ... 4?" 

Mrs Haru nodded and softly smiled, "Yes. You're one of my best students and I trust you." she said and gave an envelope to the girl. 

Yoonmi looked at it and looked back at Mrs Haru, "B - Best ... student?" 

Mrs Haru chuckled and nodded, making Yoonmi smile a bit, "Yes ma'am!" Yoonmi said happily and walked out of the classroom, making Mrs Haru chuckle one more and smile widely, "Such a wonderful girl."

 

 

Yoonmi slowly knocked on the classroom door. It was currently after-school and Yoonmi was one of the last students that were still in the school - the others hurriedly left after they heard the bell. 

Yoonmi bit her lower lip and knocked once more, glancing at the sign on the door - making sure it was classroom F-4. 

Yoonmi sighed and stopped knocking and turned around - about to walk away until she heard the door open. Her head immediately shot back and her eyes went wide. 

The stood Lu Han blinking and looking around. He then slowly looked at Yoonmi and widened his eyes also. Yoonmi froze and stopped breathing as Lu Han walked closer to her. 

"H - Hi." Lu Han awkwardly greeted and nervously smiled. 

Yoonmi blinked and felt as if her heart was fluttering again. His voice was so soothing and calm to her, she finally heard it today. Yoonmi slowly breathed and looked at Lu Han, "H - Hello."

Lu Han stopped nervously looking around and looked at Yoonmi. She didn't run away or anything. She just greeted him back - but with an uncomfortable and awkward atmosphere. 

Lu Han looked down at the envelope that was in the girl's hand and pointed at it, "Is that for Miss Park?" 

Yoonmi blinked and looked at it, "Ah, yes." she mumbled.

"I can take that and give it to her." Lu Han said and slowly took the envelope out of her hands, fingers slightly touching. Yoonmi blushed and looked down at her feet afterwards. Lu Han went back in the classroom and placed the envelope on the teacher's desk, hurriedly walking back outside to stand beside Yoonmi again.

They both awkwardly looked around.

"Uh - I - L - Lu Han, I'm going to go n - now... b- bye-"

"Wait!" Lu Han almost grabbed her hand but blushed and looked at her, "Let me take you home."

Yoonmi widened her eyes and stared at Lu Han, "H - Huh?" 

Lu Han smiled, "We're still friends, aren't we?" he asked and swallowed.

Yoonmi blinked but a small smile formed on her lips, "Y - Yeah..."

Lu Han blinked this time but smiled also, "Good." 

Right when Yoonmi was about to ask Lu Han something, Lu Han slowly took her hand in his and blushed. Yoonmi pinked and looked at Lu Han. 

I need to try harder. 

Lu Han just smiled and began walking - making Yoonmi blush and follow behind him. 

 

 

Lu Han swallowed as Yoonmi didn't let go of his hand yet. He blushed and softly smiled to himself, making Yoonmi look at him dumbly.

"Lu Han?" 

Lu Han blinked and looked at Yoonmi who was pointing at her house ahead. Lu Han reddened and looked down, "A - Ah... I forgot. Sorry."

Yoonmi bit back a smile and nodded, walking to her home - her hand still in Lu Han's. 

Lu Han was surprised that Yoonmi was starting to act like herself again. Comfortable around Lu Han again - step by step. It made Lu Han's heart flutter and his smile bigger.

Lu Han blinked as he felt Yoonmi's hand gone. He looked down at his hand and looked back at Yoonmi. Yoonmi smiled and stared at Lu Han, "Thank you."

Lu Han widened his eyes and looked at Yoonmi, who was just smiling. Even a little smile can make his heart flutter and pound like crazy against his ribcage.

"Wait - Yoonmi-ah." 

Yoonmi looked back at Lu Han and blinked, "Yes?"

"D - Do you want to ... go to the mall with me tomorrow?"

I like you. I'll try harder.

 

 


Sorry for y chapter! But~ Soon Yoonmi's going to experience her first 'date'~ With Lu Han of course. 

For Yoonmi, I decided her character would be clueless, forgetful, kind, honest - yet smart and beautiful. She could be too clueless - ending up hurting Lu Han's feelings - yet likes him and just couldn't ignore/avoid him for so long. 

For Lu Han, he could hide everything with just one smile. Even though he's hurt inside, he's trying his best to earn Yoonmi's liking - deep inside him, he believes that Yoonmi likes him back so he's trying his best to make Yoonmi realise it.