Thirty-Two

You're Special

Yoonmi brought the pink ball home and stared at it.

"How am I going to give this back?" she whispered to herself, scratching her temple. She sighed and looked at the clock, 6:47 PM. 

Yoonmi stood up from the chair and grabbed her jacket. She put on her boots and grabbed the ball, 

"I think Insu would like it back."

-

Yoonmi brought an umbrella for just a few dollars and walked out. She looked at the ball and sadly smiled abit, "I feel so bad now..." 

She looked around and noticed that it was getting dark. She bit her lower lip but stared at the ball, "Since I'm already outside... can't go back, right?" she mumbled to herself and weakly smiled.

She nodded to herself unconciously and started to walk to Insu's house.

She hummed the alphabet and smiled to herself, looking around- seeing the night lights. 

She blinked as she heard footsteps behind her. She quickly looked behind her and felt her heart beating fast. Nobody was behind her though.

She furrowed her brows and swallowed. "I... I must be tired or something."

She turned back and continued to walk- but alittle faster. 

 

After a few minutes, she reached Insu's home. She slowly knocked and looked around. Something seems... familiar. Has she been to Insu's house before? She doesn't remember.

When she saw light on the ground, she slowly looked up- but immediately regretted to.

There stood Lu Han with wide eyes and dressed in pajamas.

Oh... that's why it seemed familiar. She forgot about Lu Han since her focus was all on Insu.

"Y - Yoonmi..." 

Yoonmi flinched and looked at Lu Han, "I - I'm here t - to... give this back to... Ins - su."

Lu Han stared at Yoonmi. She has became a bit awkward around him. Lu Han felt his heart drop and his face turned pale. Lu Han slowly nodded and slowly took the ball from her- fingers slightly touching.

Yoonmi felt shivers down her spine.

"Hwung? Whose-"

Insu hopped to the door and widened his eyes. 

Yoonmi stared at the little boy. A little smile crept her lips. 

"N - Noona?" 

Yoonmi crouched down and smiled at Insu. Insu widened his eyes more and placed his little hands on her cheeks- causing Yoonmi to blink.

"Noona..."

Insu began tearing up. Lu Han widened his eyes and also crouched down, "Insu! What's wrong?"

"N - Noona! Do you... hate me?" Insu began shouting and crying.

Yoonmi widened her eyes and shook her head, "N - No! I don't hate anyone!" 

Lu Han immediately felt his heart warm up as he saw Yoonmi pick Insu up in her arms. She hugged Insu and patted his back.

Lu Han stood up and stared at her- completely dazed.

When Insu calmed down, Insu smiled. Yoonmi slowly put him down beside Lu Han and looked at Lu Han. She felt something... painful when she looked at him. She didn't know what it was.

Yoonmi pressed her lips into a firm line and looked away. "I ... Have to go now. Bye Insu..." She whispered and hurriedly waved- walking away.

Insu blinked and tilted his head. He shurgged but smiled, "Bye bye princess noo- Hwung? What-"

Lu Han grabbed his coat and put his shoes on, "Insu, go back in and tell mom that i'll be out for afew minutes!" Lu Han said quickly- running to Yoonmi.

Insu blinked but nodded as Lu Han ran. "Wow hwung must be jealous of me." With that, Insu smiled proudly and slowly closed the door.

 

"Yoonmi!"

Yoonmi widened her eyes as she heard a familiar voice behind her. 

She looked back and found Lu Han running to her- wet from the rain.

Yoonmi bitterly smiled and kept running. Lu Han frowned and ran even faster, "Yoonmi-ah! Please! Stop!"

Yoonmi felt her eyes burn. Tears began falling down.

Yoonmi widened her eyes again as she felt a hand around her wrist. She looked back and saw Lu Han, breathing heavily. 

"Yoonmi-ah... W - What..." Lu Han began saying and held both of her hands. Yoonmi felt her heart beat quickly. 

"Is Sehun really the one?"

Yoonmi froze and stared at Lu Han. Rain pouring down on both of them.

Lu Han sadly smiled and looked at her, "Is he?"

Yoonmi just looked down and tears continued to fall, "No... No... No!" She sharply whispered, "You're wrong... wrong!"

Lu Han shook his head and placed her hands on his cheeks, "Yoonmi. Look at me, please."

Yoonmi refused to look at him and just let little cries. 

Lu Han shook her hands and bit his lip, "Please Yoonmi!"

Yoonmi widened her eyes as she felt Lu Han's hands on her cheeks, making her face Lu Han. 

"Yoonmi... what did I do wrong?" Lu Han started to ask, searching for her eyes.

"Nothing! N - Nothing, Lu Han!" she said and looked at him. 

Lu Han shook his head and sadly smiled, "Yoonmi... Why are you acting like this towards me? Please tell me what I did wrong... please..." Lu Han pleaded and looked down at her.

Yoonmi sniffed and stared at him.

Lu Han blinked and furrowed his brows, "Wh - What?"

"It hurts." She whispered and stared at him.

"Wh - What hurts?" 

"I... I heard you liked another girl so... I - I thought you wouldn't accept my ch - chocolates and..." 

Lu Han began shaking his head, "N - No... no, no, no... Yoonmi- I - I don't." 

Yoonmi shook her head. Lu Han pulled her face closer and shook his head again, "No... No Yoonmi, no... I don't like another girl. I only like one-" 

"W - What?" Yoonmi stared at Lu Han.

"I only like one. Do you want to know who it is?" Lu Han leaned closer and searched for her eyes.

Yoonmi widened her eyes and unknowingly nodded. Lu Han caressed her cheeks and sadly smiled, "It's you."

Yoonmi froze and felt her heart pound violently against her ribcage. Her eyes widened and it felt like time has stopped. But, the only thing that came out of was,

"I - I'm sorry, Lu Han..."