Thirty-Four

You're Special

Lu Han groaned as he turned and tossed in bed.

He brought his arm up to rest on his forehead. He swallowed hard and breathed heavily. He sat up and ruffled his hair, blinking slowly. He his lips and got up from bed, feeling weak. He looked at the clock. 3:54 A.M. The boy shook his head and quietly opened his door, heading downstairs.

He slowly and quietly walked down the stairs and sat down on the couch- staring blankly at the closed T.V. He blinked as the lights suddenly . He shot his head up and found his mother with a frown, crossing her arms and shaking her head. 

"M - Mom..."

"Lu Han, why are you up so early?" she asked, staring at her son.

Lu Han swallowed and looked away, "I - I... I just couldn't sleep." he answered dumbly. His mother shook her head and sat down beside him on the couch, "Something's bothering you, honey. You could tell me anything." His mother whispered and patted his back. 

Lu Han looked at his mother and sighed, "T - There's nothing bothering my, mum. I just couldn't sleep, really." he whispered back and looked down at his fingers.

His mom sighed and rubbed her temple. She stood up slowly and gently placed pieces of paper in Lu Han's hands - making him blink and look up at her.

Mrs Lu sighed, "Don't worry I didn't look at them nor read them. While I was doing laundry I found them in your pockets." she said and patted her son's back, "Please tell me what's bothering you when you're much more comfortable, okay?" she whispered and pressed her lips into a firm line.

Lu Han slowly nodded, "Thanks, mom." he mumbled. His mother nodded slowly and began walking back upstairs - to her room. The woman was obviously still tired and sleepy.

Lu Han looked back at the little pieces of paper and hesitated to look at them. He slowly opened a piece of folded paper up and slowly read it,

Thank you for being my partner... and for spending your eating time with me...

Lu Han dropped the note and widened his eyes. "I - I still have it?" 

He picked it back up and read it over and over again. A tiny smile playing on his lips as he kept on reading it. 

He then felt a tinge of pain afterwards. His smile slowly faded and his eyes wandering around the note,

Thank you...

for being with me.

His mind wandering everywhere.

"It doesn't matter if... She doesn't feel the same way... I can still be there for her." he mumbled and a small smile formed. He gently placed it in his pocket and closed the lights. He slowly walked upstairs, his smile fading each step. It still hurts.

He stopped his steps as he saw little feet. He slowly looked up and saw Insu with teary eyes.

"Insu! W - What happened?" Lu Han asked, seeing his little brother hug his neck. Insu sniffed against his neck and shut his eyes, 

"I had a bad dweam, hwung."

-

"And then this monstwer came and went WOOOAAARRR!" Insu explained and hugged Lu Han's arm tighter. Lu Han bit back his laughter and patted Insu's head,

"Don't worry, Insu. Hyung's had those kind of dreams too." 

Insu looked up at Lu Han with big eyes, "What?!"

Lu Han chuckled lightly and picked up Insu, placing him on his lap, "I've had those dreams tons of times." 

Insu started to tilt his head and rub his little chin with his little fingers, "But that doesn't make sense, Lu Han ge!" 

Lu Han chuckled and raised a brow, "Huh?"

"You're like a knight!" Insu said and opened his mouth widely - his imagination starting up.

Lu Han blinked but smiled, "Really?" he asked and ruffled Insu's hair. Insu nodded and cheekily smiled, 

"And you're the knight that saves princess noona!"