Breaking Promises

~Sequel~ Here's My Secret, I KNOW I'm In Love With You

Your POV
I looked at my phone to see what time it was. Umma and Appa are at work right now and won't be back till late at night.

I walked all the way to my house. I went to the backyard out onto the swing in the garden and just cried. I think all of the plants were getting their water. Yes, I cried that much.

Why is Chaeyoung so cruel of a person? I actually wanted to be friends with her too. This is how she treats me?

*Phone rings*
Chanyeol

I hit the ignore button.

~A few seconds later~
5 unread messages from Chanyeol

"Jagi, are you all right? Why won't you answer my calls? - Chanyeol"
"I love you, Jagi, please answer your phone. - Chanyeol"
"You know I'm not a Happy Virus without you. ^^ - Chanyeol"
"How are you feeling? Lu Han said that Chaeyoung sent you to the dorm because you were sick. Feel better! Seunghyun, fighting! - Chanyeol"
"Seunghyun, please, answer your phone. Tell me you're all right! We can go out tonight and walk down by the river. Just you and me? - Chanyeol"

Tell me you're all right. Reading those words stabbed me.

I began typing,

"Park Chanyeol, you are my everything. I want you to know how much I love you. I will always love you. You are the only one in my heart. And no, I'm not all right. I'm dying. I don't want to lose you... - Seunghyun"

I hovered my finger over the send button, but I quickly hit the erase button.

"Hey! ^^ I'm doing okay. My stomach was just a little upset. Don't worry about me. I'm fine. I just need some rest. 
By the way, let's take a walk to the river tonight. I've had such a crazy day, it'd be nice to get out a little. I'll meet you at the river at 20:00? - Seunghyun"

After sending those messages, I brought my knees up to my chest. I was so broken. I don't want to break Chanyeol's heart. He's such a great guy. Seeing him hurting in front of me is going to kill me.

*Phone vibrates*
"Can't wait! ^^ I love you, Seunghyun. - Chanyeol"

I erased all of my messages from him. I tuned off my phone and put it away. I had so much thinking to do in so little time. But, the quicker I end things with Chanyeol, Chaeyoung will leave me and everyone else alone.


Baekhyun's POV
I walked in the living room and saw Chanyeol watching The Notebook. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. I sighed, "You're watching that? Shouldn't Seunghyun be watching it with you?"
He chuckled, "She's already seen the whole thing. I kinda just wanted to watch it by myself so I'd know it ends."

I reached for the remote and paused the movie.
Chanyeol's eyes widen and looked at me with his arms held out, "What the-Why did you pause it? It was getting to the good part!"
He tried reaching for the remote, but I pulled it away, "You were doing it again, Chanyeol."
He held his arm out, "What was I doing?"
I sighed, "Getting close to Chaeyoung again. I thought we went over this."
He sighed, "I can't help it! She clung to me!"

After hearing that, I gritted my teeth and threw down the remote on the table next to him, "Just do what Jongin did. Stand up for yourself." I walked out on the terrace with a few of the other members.

"Hyung, do you still like Chaeyoung?" asked Tao.
I shook my head, "No. Why?"
"Just wondering." he hesitated.
I raised a brow, "You don't like her, do you?"
He shook his head, "No, I don't. Not one bit."

Lu Han and Kris sure hate her. Thought Tao. Especially Lu Han. I don't mean to judge, but there's something really evil about her.

~Later that evening~
After we all ate dinner, Soyun came to the dorm to pick up Yixing for their date.

"Jagiya." he went over and kissed her.
"Hi, Yixing. Ready to go?" she asked.
"Of course." he smiled.

I walked over to Soyun, but Lu Han beat me to her. "Is _____, all right? How is she feeling?"
Soyun gave him a weak smile, "She's fine. She said that she was just tired.
Lu Han gave her a warm smile, "Hope she feels better."


Chanyeol's POV
I got my coat and phone and headed out to meet Seunghyun at the river. When I came to the front door, I saw Yixing and Soyun who were about to leave on their date.

"Hey, would you guys mind dropping me off by the river on your way?" I asked.
"Of course." said Soyun.

I walked out with her and Yixing to the car.

When the car stopped by the river, I thanked Soyun and Yixing for dropping me off. I climbed out of the car and saw Seunghyun leaning against the railing by the river.


Your POV
Is this really the right thing to do? Chanyeol, I don't want to lose you. I love you. But I'm doing this to save the ones we care about. I looked down at the envelope and held it to my chest.

~Earlier~
I walked outside of our dorm to check the mail. There was a big envelope for me. I opened it and I think my eyes almost fell out of my skull.

There was a large picture of Chanyeol and Chaeyoung kissing on set. There was a message at the bottom.

"Hey, Seunghyun, in case you're having second thoughts, use this picture as a prop to help you make your decision. Time is ticking. - Kim Chaeyoung"

I felt my heart just shatter whenever I saw the picture. Chanyeol never told me about any of this. This must've been whenever the photographer took them onto a different set. Why didn't Chanyeol tell me?

~Present time~

I pulled out the photo and ripped off the message Chaeyoung sent me and threw it into the river.

I put the photo back into the envelope and brought the envelope to my chest.

~Minutes later~
I felt a warm pair of hands around my eyes, "Hey, Stranger." I heard a familiar voice. I wanted to smile, but I also wanted to cry. This was the night I had to be strongest.

I turned around and gave him a weak smile, "H-Hi."
He pulled me in his arms and kissed my lips, "How are you feeling? I missed you today. Lunch was so boring without you."
He noticed I wasn't responding to the kiss and he looked at me, "Jagi, are you okay? I don't get my kiss?"

Please forgive me, Chanyeol. I'm doing this because I love you.

I looked down and then back up at him, "What kiss, Chanyeol?"
He gave me a confused look and chuckled, "What do you mean? Don't we always-"
I cut him off, "I'm talking about what kiss do you want? Mine? Or Chaeyoung's?"
His eyes had hurt, written all over them, "J-Jagi, what-"
I looked down, "I'm done, Chanyeol."

His eyes widen by this and he pulled me in his arms, "What!? No! No-Don't say things like that. Seunghyun, I love you-"
I pushed him away, "Quit saying that you love me when you don't! I'm tired of you breaking your promises! What am I, a game to you? Is that what I am?"
He reached his hand out and cupped my face, "Jagi, we'll get through this together-"

*SLAP*
I slapped his hand away and looked away from him, "Don't touch, me, Park Chanyeol. Don't you dare touch me."
His eyes widen, "Did something happen between you and Chaeyoung? Is this what this is about? Tell me, Seunghyun!"
I opened my eyes and looked up at him, "We're through, Chanyeol! I don't ever want to see or hear from you again!"

*SMACK*
I threw down the big envelope right at his feet and started running away from him. He reached out and grabbed my wrist, "No, no, don't say things like that, Seunghyun! I love-"

*SMACK*
I took my hand and slapped him across the face, "DON'T TOUCH ME! I DON'T LOVE YOU, PARK CHANYEOL!" I ran away from him leaving him speechless holding his red cheek.



Chanyeol's POV
"No, no, don't say things like that, Seunghyun! I love-"

*SMACK*
I fell back in pain holding my cheek. I looked up and saw Seunghyun standing in front of me, "DON'T TOUCH ME! I DON'T LOVE YOU, PARK CHANYEOL!" she started to run away from me.

I looked down at my feet and saw the envelope she threw down. I opened it and my eyes widen. It was the picture of the kiss Chaeyoung and I had. I didn't mean to kiss her-well I did-but it was all for the camera! The kiss meant nothing to me! How did Seunghyun get this?

I looked inside the envelope and saw the pendant I bought for Seunghyun for our Four Month Anniversary.

"I Love You"

I squeezed the pendant in my hand and brought it up to my lips. I looked up and tried looking around for Seunghyun, but she was long gone. I don't see her anywhere.

 Please tell me this is all a dream. This is just a bad dream and I need to wake up.


Baekhyun's POV
*SLAM*
Sehun, Tao, Minseok, Kyungsoo, and I jumped at the sudden noise. I turned around and it was Chanyeol back from his walk.
"Hey, how was the river? Is _____ feeling better?" I asked.
*No response*
"Hey, Chanyeol?" I called to him, but he ignored me and headed for our room slamming the door.

"Is Hyung okay?" asked Sehun sitting next to me.
"I really don't know. I'll go see." I got up and headed to our room.

When I stepped in my room, I saw Chanyeol under his bed covers. I looked on his dresser and saw an envelope. Could this be why he's not saying anything? I opened it and saw the photo of he and Chaeyoung kissing. This must've been what Lu Han was talking about.

"What's the meaning of this?" I put the photo away.
He sighed, "In all respect, Hyung, I don't want to talk tonight."
I scoffed and folded my arms, "Well, you're gonna talk now. We have a busy schedule tomorrow. Now tell me, what happened?"
Chanyeol came up from under the covers and smashed his fists on the dresser, "WE BROKE UP, ALL RIGHT?"

My eyes widen at what I was hearing. They broke up?

My feet were frozen, "W-Who broke up with who?" I stuttered.
Tears were all over his face along with a huge red mark on his cheek. "She ended things with me. She said she doesn't love me."

I was in shock. I know that they have their fights, but they always get through them together. What could've happened?

"Just leave me alone, Hyung." Chanyeol said rolling on his side.
I sighed and walked out of the room with my phone. When I came in the living room, all eyes were on me.
"What's going on?" asked Tao.
I shook my head and headed out onto the terrace.

I pulled out my phone and called Seunghyun.

"Damn! Stupid Voicemail!" I cursed.

I tried calling three more times, but I got the same thing.


Your POV
I couldn't go back to my dorm like this. I needed to get all of my tears out right now. I walked to the park and took a seat on one of the benches.

I looked down at my red hand, the one that hurt Chanyeol. My hand hurt so bad, but I bet Chanyeol hurt more. I've never hurt him like that before. Chanyeol is never going to forgive me for what I've done.

"Why the long face?" asked a familiar voice.
I looked next to me and saw Chaeyoung standing next to the bench. She took a seat next to me and handed me a tissue.
I looked away from her, "You're the last person I want to see right now. What do you want? I've done everything you've told me to. Just leave me alone."
She chuckled, "You did well, Baby Seunghyun."

Baby Seunghyun? Can I punch her now!?

She leaned down to my ear, "Now, let's keep that mouth of yours closed. If you open up your mouth to anyone, I'll open up mine. I don't ever want you around Chanyeol again. Any other member is fine with me, but not Chanyeol. He is mine now. If I happen to see you two close to each other, some words may fall out-."
I shot her a cold look, "ALL RIGHT! I UNDERSTAND!"
She chuckled, "Smart girl. My lips are officially sealed. You have my word. Just remember, I'll be watching you." With that, she got up and walked away.

A few minutes later, tears were falling down like no other. "I don't have anyone now." I cried to myself. "I can't talk to anyone."

 

"You can talk to me." said a familiar voice.

NOOOOOOOO!! WHY!?!?!?!?!?
*Gasps* Who do you think the stranger is?