I Can't Explain What I Feel

~Sequel~ Here's My Secret, I KNOW I'm In Love With You

Your POV
I was so happy right now. Umma and I continued to hug each other as tears fell from both of our faces.

I pulled away, "Umma? I think you need to go tell your husband the truth."
She flinched back by my request. She gave me a weak smile and cupped my face, "All right, Sweetie."

Umma made her way over to Baekhyun's Appa, "Can we go some place private to talk?"
He folded his arms, "That'd be nice."
She looked over at Baekhyun, "Baekhyun, Honey, would you mind coming to? You have a lot of explaining to do." She looked at Chanyeol and I, "Excuse us, you two. Feel free to make yourselves comfortable."

The three of them all got up and headed to the kitchen closing the doors behind them.

I sat down and rested my head on Chanyeol's shoulder, "Chanyeol, I-I can't explain what I feel. Everything has happened so quickly."
"Jagiya..." he pulled me into his arms and began my hair. I leaned into his chest. I'm very thankful to have someone like him in my life. He lifted my chin up with his finger, "Your Umma seems to be really happy."

Suddenly, something caught my eyes. I looked up from Chanyeol and saw baby photos hanging up on the wall. I stood up and started looking over at all of them.

Chanyeol stood up and came over to me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, "You're very beautiful, Seunghyun. Even when you were a baby."

I looked over and saw a grand piano placed over next to the window. I slowly made my way over to it and began playing it.

River Flows In You (Yiruma)

As I played, Chanyeol had his arm wrapped around my back. He smiled, "So beautiful."
"When I was a baby, I always heard this tune in my sleep. Even now, I still hear the tune. When I started playing the tune on the piano one day, my adopted Appa came to me and told me the name of the song. I decided to learn the whole thing. Baekhyun Oppa told me that his Umma played it for him when he was young. I've learned this song from our Umma."

After I finished playing, Chanyeol switched me spots and started playing.

Don't Go (EXO)

I really loved it when he played this song for me. Our voices sound so good together. Chanyeol and I sang the first verse through the chorus.


Baekhyun's POV
I decided to tell Umma and Appa everything. And I do mean EVERYTHING.

After I told them about Seunghyun and I being in a brief relationship, Umma looked like she was about to faint. She couldn't believe what she was hearing. When she explained to Appa about the affair with Jaewon, Appa was very disappointed, but he still comforted her.

Umma sighed, "Honey, I really have no words to say about you and Seunghyun's relationship. So you not know how wrong this is? My own children being in a relationship together? Baekhyun, that's and you both know it!"
I raised my voice, "It's not my fault that we both fell in love with each other! It was out of innocence! We had no idea that we were related!"
"This is still unacceptable, Baekhyun!" Umma cut me off.

*BAM*
I slammed my fists onto the wall.

I lost it, "WHO'S THE ONE WHO KEPT THIS A SECRET FROM ALL OF US? FROM APPA? FROM ME? FROM YOUR OWN DAUGHTER! DON'T YOU DARE BE TELLING ME THAT I'M THE BAD ONE. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S AT FAULT, UMMA!"
Appa tried calming me down, "Son, please."
I shook him off and looked at Umma, "All of those years of me crying my heart out, you lied to me. I was really hurt by this, Umma! Ever since you took away Seunghyun from me, I've had nightmares every night and I've felt so broken. Ever since I was put into EXO, I slowly started to gain my happiness back. And then, _____ came along. When I was with her, I was always happy. I would always smile for no reason, have fun with all of my friends, but only to find out that _____ is my own half-sister. You're unbelievable, Umma."
She cut me off, "Baekhyun, I-"
I cut her off, "I'm not finished yet. You need to hear me out. After I found out that Seunghyun has been next to me the whole time, I was happy and angry at the same time. I didn't realize that Seunghyun and I were committing a sin we never knew about. I ended up ending things and breaking her heart in order to protect her. It took me days to find the courage to tell her the truth about us. She was heartbroken as much as I was. Thankfully Chanyeol still had feelings for her. I knew he did all along. He is the right man for Seunghyun. He protects her a lot, but what he couldn't do was protect her whenever she had to live under your lie. (You get what I mean.) Umma, you've brought so much pain to both Seunghyun, and I. Look how far she's come. You don't even deserve to see her. Honestly, since we're having this argument, I don't even want to see you near her! You just abandoned her like that years ago, no doubt that you'd do it again! I finally have Seunghyun in my life again, and you're not gonna take her away from me. I know she's my half-sister, but I consider her as my actual sister. She's the only sister I've ever had."

I know my words were harsh, but I meant every word. I wasn't lying when I said I told my parents everything. Umma had tears falling from her face. I want her to feel the pain that Seunghyun and I did.

I was so angry, I didn't know what I was saying. "*Scoffs* You don't even deserve to see Appa. After the lie you've been hiding all of these years, I'm surprised he's not filing divorced papers right now."

*BAM*
"BYUN BAEKHYUN!" yelled Appa slamming his fists down on the table, "ENOUGH!"

I suddenly started to hear music playing. Umma and Appa heard it too. It was Chanyeol and Seunghyun playing and singing on the piano.

I scoffed, "Do you see what you gave up, Umma? Seunghyun has a lot of amazing talent. You missed out on a lot."

I shook my head and walked out into the living room.


Chanyeol's POV
As Seunghyun and I started to play another song, we heard a loud noise and shouting coming from the kitchen. Our heads shot up in shock as we heard Baekhyun yelling.

"WHO'S THE ONE WHO KEPT THIS A SECRET FROM ALL OF US? FROM APPA? FROM ME? FROM YOUR OWN DAUGHTER! DON'T YOU DARE BE TELLING ME THAT I'M THE BAD ONE. YOU'RE THE ONE WHO'S AT FAULT, UMMA!"
His Appa tried calming him down, "Son, please."

I looked down at Seunghyun who was looking down. I pulled her in my arms.
She sighed, "Chanyeol..."
"Your brother is doing the right thing. He has every right to tell your Umma how he feels. He's kept it bottled inside of him long enough."

Chanyeol started playing the second verse to Don't Go. We continued to sing together.

A few minutes later, Baekhyun opened the doors and came out.

"Hyung, are you all right?" I asked.
He took a deep breath, "I'm fine. I'm just happy to get that off of my chest." He walked over to Seunghyun, "Are you doing all right?"
She gave him a weak nod and looked up at him, "Baekhyun, I'm so sorry for all that has happened." she got up and went into his arms. "Don't be too hard on Umma. If you think about it, if she hadn't have left me on my other parents' doorstep, I wouldn't be here right now with you, or Chanyeol. Let's just be thankful,"
He looked at her, "But, none of us deserved any of this pain. We both have suffered-"
"It's all in the past, Oppa. Let's just put the past behind and move forward." she rested her head on his shoulder.


Your POV
"Seunghyun?" Umma called out to me. "C-Could you come here for a second?"
Baekhyun and I pulled away from each other, but he squeezed my hands. I rested my hand on his shoulder and gave him an assuring smile, "It's fine, Oppa."
Hearing this, he released my hands. I slowly made my way over to Umma.

She's so beautiful like me. Eun Joo thought. Baekhyun was right. I really was missing out on a lot. But it was for Seunghyun's safety. Jaewon isn't gonna get anywhere near her.

She held out her arms, "You're so beautiful, Sweetheart. I so sorry for all of the pain I've caused you and Baekhyun in the past, can you ever forgive Umma?"
I gave her a soft smile, "Of course I can. I'm just so happy that I finally met my birth mother. It's been bugging me and my other parents for years. They've wanted to know where I've gotten my music talent, It's obvious that I got it from you."
She my cheek, "Is there a day when I could meet your other parents?"

Before I could answer, Baekhyun spoke up, "We're going over to her parents' house tomorrow. I don't think they'd want to see you-"
I turned my head at him, "Baekhyun, relax. They'll meet each other one day."

I looked back at Umma. "Do you like your parents?"
I nodded, "I love them so much. They've given me everything."
Umma gave me a warm smile, "I'm glad your happy with them. You might've came from me, but they raised a beautiful, sweet daughter."
I pulled her in for a hug, "I love you, Umma."
She smiled, "I love you too, Seunghyun."

Baekhyun's Appa came over to me and knelt down. He spoke with a soft voice, "I may not be your actual Appa, but you're always welcomed-"
I went into his arms, "I love you too, Appa."
He stood up his head on my shoulder, "My dear, Seunghgun, I love you so much."

He pulled away and looked over at Chanyeol, "*Clears throat* Now Chanyeol, she may not be my actual daughter, but I expect you to take good care of her and keep her safe."
I walked over into Chanyeol's arms. He looked up and smiled, "Of course, Sir. I love Seunghyun with all my heart. Besides, she has her brother looking out for her too."
"Sometimes, Baekhyun can get a little too protective." I said under my breath.

Laughter filled the whole living room. I was so happy that I finally got to meet my birth mother.