Mother vs. Boyfriend

Perfect Two

A/N: Finally! After so much distraction from Onew-ssi, I am finally able to finish this!!


Yeojin smiled as she felt the coldness of Minho’s hand. They were now walking towards her house. They both decided to surprise her omma as Minho would just go with her and she’ll introduce him as her boyfriend.

 

“Minho-yah, you’re cold.” She said with a smile, but Minho looked like he was really uneasy and nervous. “Are you okay?”

 

“I am nervous. Do you think your mom will like me? What if she hates me? I’m Jonghyun’s friend and he hurt you and...”

 

“Shh… shh… stop thinking about it, mom is not like that, okay? She won’t dislike you just because you’re Jonghyun’s friend, and besides, she’s not mad at him… oh, she is.” She joked and laughed when she saw how Minho’s face got paler and he became nervous.

 

“Wow, seriously, you could still joke around me when I’m being like this.”

 

“Just be yourself, and it’ll be fine.” She told him and smiled in assurance. “She’ll treat you nice, I am sure of that.”

 

Soon they entered the house, “Omma? Omma, I’m home.” She called out while firmly holding Minho’s hand. Few seconds later, while no mom was still around, he slowly hide himself behind Yeojin, as if he couldn’t be seen from there. “Omma? Where are you?”

 

“Yeojin-ah… I’m here in the kitchen preparing our dinner.” She answered from elsewhere, and Yeojin slowly went there, still holding Minho’s hand, who was looking like a frightened kid at that time.

 

Finally, they came to the kitchen entrance and Yeojin felt Minho tightened his grip on her hand. She wanted to chuckle as he found him so cute, but she kept it in. Her mom’s back was facing them, so she wasn’t able to quickly recognize their presence. “Omma…”

 

“Good thing you’re here, I’m almost done preparing our-” She suddenly paused when she looked at her and found Minho behind Yeojin. There was an obvious puzzled expression on her face. “M-Minho-ssi?” She called out and though it was hidden behind Yeojin’s back, she was sure that they were holding hands.

 

Minho finally showed himself fully and bowed fully to greet Yeojin’s mother. “Hello, Mrs. Ahn. It’s nice to see you again.” He said formally, trying his best to hide the nervousness that he was feeling.

 

“Hello.” She greeted but was still in confusion. “It’s nice to see you again, Minho-ssi. Have you eaten?”

 

“Ah, not yet, omma.”

 

“Oh, then you can sit down and I’ll prepare the food for a while.” Her mother turned coldly and faced the counter again. Yeojin and Minho looked at each other puzzled and wondering about her reaction as well, not to mention they haven’t even tell her that they are in a relationship – though obviously, it was obvious.

 

“Just take a seat on the couch.”

 

“I knew it. She’s not happy about this.” Minho silently whispered as Yeojin guided him to the living area.

 

“We haven’t even told her about us. She’s just surprise. Come on, don’t think too negatively.” She told her and rubbed his back to cheer him up. It was rare for Minho to act unsure like this, that’s why she suddenly thought he needed a mood lifter. “I’ll go to her and help her prepare the table. Will you be okay here?”

 

“I will. Don’t worry.” Minho showed an unsure smile, and looked at her as she made her way back to the kitchen.

 

“I’ll help you out, omma.” She said and went to the drawer to get some plates.

 

“Is that why you weren’t calling me all the while that you were in the Philippines?” Her mom suddenly talked and she stopped to look at her.

 

“Omma….” She went to her and placed the plates aside.

 

“Is he your boyfriend now?” She looked at Yeojin with a serious face. “Is he the one you’re talking about? The person who healed you?” Yeojin eventually nodded, uncertain of the reaction her mother was about to make. “But he’s Jonghyun’s close friend. He is still related to them. Aren’t you tired of being connected to them? Is the pain not enough?”

 

“Omma…” Yeojin looked at her straight. “Minho won’t do the same thing, and you know there was a reason why it happened.”

 

“I’m asking you, Yeojin, because as a mother, I am just worried and I don’t want to see you in the same situation again, better yet, I don’t want you to remember all the pain that you’ve gone through whenever you see Jonghyun, Soeun and their son.”

 

Yeojin smiled warmly and hugged her mother. “Omma, I am so happy that you’re worrying for me like this.”

 

“Of course I still will. You’re my only daughter, and my one and only baby.”

 

“But there’s nothing more to remember. He made me forget all the pain in my heart. Do you think I didn’t consider the fact that he’s Jonghyun’s friend? Of course I did. But the more I see him, the more I feel his love, the more that the pain is over powered and right now, all I feel is happiness… I am happy when I’m with him, omma… happier than how Jonghyun made me feel before.”

 

“Is that for sure?” Yeojin nodded. “Okay. Fine. Now prepare the table and let’s eat.”

 

Minho couldn’t keep himself together. He was too nervous to face her, and based on how she looked a while ago, he knew that she didn’t like him. He was afraid that her mother won’t accept him, and maybe she felt off because he was Jonghyun’s friend. Suddenly, he wanted to punch Jonghyun again, because of his fault, he was suffering, when he wasn’t supposed to since he wasn’t doing anything at all.

 

Finally, the three of them gathered at the table and they started eating silently. Minho was uncomfortable of the silence Yeojin’s mother was purposely making. He looked at Yeojin and she smiled as if trying to make him feel better.

 

“Omonim, this tastes really good.” Minho said trying to start a conversation.

 

“Of course you’ll say that. You’re trying to win my side, right?” She said in such a manner that made Minho shut up. Yeojin’s eyes grew a bit bigger but she wasn’t able to say a thing as well.

 

The tension on Minho’s body keep on adding up, until the time they finished, it was the only statement he said, and no one dared to speak again.

 

“I think I should go, Mrs. Ahn.” He had to call her Mrs. Ahn again coz she felt so distant as if she didn’t want to get close with him.

 

“You can go alone, right? MY Yeojin won’t be able to assist you outside because it’s already late and I don’t want her to leave the house again. You’re grown up anyway.”

 

Yeojin and Minho were both shocked but Minho nodded and still smiled in respect. “Yes. It’s okay, Mrs. Ahn. I’ll get going.” He said and only got to wave to Yeojin and didn’t even kiss her because he thought her mother won’t like it.

 

Eventually, Minho head out the door, and few seconds after the door closed and Minho was gone, Yeojin suddenly heard a loud laugh from her mother. She was surprised and in great confusion because a while ago, she didn’t seem like she was in a good mood.

 

“My dear, did you see how afraid he was? He almost couldn’t move! He is so funny and cute!” She kept on laughing as if she enjoyed every sight of Minho a while ago.

 

“Omma? What did you do?”

 

“Of course! I can’t act like I like him on the first meeting! Mothers should act strict of whoever is trying to get their child!”

 

“Ommaaaa!! What if his mom does the same to me?!” She whined and pouted after figuring out how naughty her mom was just now.

 

“I’m sorry, my dear, but seriously, Minho ssi was really cute and I like that instead of pushing himself to me, he let me stay distant. I think he thought of giving me time to adjust. Tell him to eat here again next time and I’ll treat him nicer.” She said and winked at her daughter. “I’ll accept him because you told me he eased away all the pain. It’s hard for someone to actually do that, not if they don’t really love the person. That means he loves you so much, and I’m fine after knowing that.” She uttered finally with a smile.