It's Hot in the Philippines

Perfect Two

 “Uwaa! Uwaa!”

 

“Hmm...” Yeojin moved to her side as she curled covering her ears from the annoying noise that she kept on hearing. One thing she dislike when sleeping was having some uwelcome noise bother her in the middle of the night.

 

“Uwaa! Uwaa!”

 

She probably forgot she was with a child beside her, so she pulled up a blanket and covered herself with it, hoping the noise would somehow subside, but it didn't, for the child kept on crying as she sought for someone's attention, eventually, Yeojin stood the annoying cry from the baby and fell asleep again.

 

Meanwhile, just what was expected, Minho couldn't sleep properly because he was still bothered by what was happening. He kept on turning from left to right hoping he could finally catch some sleep, but he still couldn't, sohe decided to rise up, walk out of the room to get himself a glass of wine.

 

As he walked passed the guest room, he heard a cry. He stopped for a while and leaned on the door to hear it clearly. The child was crying inside and he wasn't sure if Yeojin was handling her well. Obviously not, for the child was still crying and Minho was getting worried.

 

“Yeojin-ah...” He called out, “Are you okay? Do you need my help?” He asked softly but there was no response from Yeojin. He held the knob and unknowingly twisted it, making the door open swiftly. Yeojin probably forgot to lock it before sleeping. “Yeojin-ah...I'll get in, okay?” He said thinking that Yeojin was awake. Just then, he was surprised to see Yeojin covered with blanket on the side and behind her was the crying child who kept on wiggling her arms and feet in the air.

 

“Yeojin-ah.. the baby is cry-” He almost panicked when he noticed that the baby was turning violet because she was crying too much. “Aigoo!” Without thinking, he just picked up the baby and hugged her tightly as he started rubbing her back. “Omo, dear, it's fine.. it's fine... I'm here..” He said while still rubbing the baby.

 

He learned from Soeun before that when a child is crying hard, the best way to make her settle is to hug her tight and rub her back gently and with care. That way, the child will feel someone's warmth just like how she felt when she was still in her mother's womb – which was the most comforting place for the child.

 

“Yeojin-ah... Yeojin-ah... Yah, Ahn Yeojin!” He called nonstop until Yeojin moved to wake up. “Hey, I thought you're going to take care of the baby?!” He said angrily.

 

“H-huh?” Yeojin, who was still half asleep, sat down lazily to know what was happening.

 

Minho looked at Yeojin and he couldn't believe her. “Yah! You were ignoring the child the whole time?! She was almost suffocated!” He said angrily and Yeojin finally woke up to her senses.

 

“What?!” She stood up and looked at the baby and saw how she was still violet, but not as worse as before when Minho saw her first. “Oh my God, I am so sorry. I didn't know! Omo.. Really, I'm sorry!” She started being in panic as she looked worriedly at the child. “Is she okay? Does she need anything?”

 

“You were saying you'll take care of her but look what happened? Did you know how violet she looked when I came in? You clearly heard her cries, I can hear it clearly from outside, why didn't you wake up and try to calm her down? If you didn't know how to do it then you could've asked for my help!”

 

Yeojin closed her eyes for a while as she received that nag from Minho. She knew it was her fault. It's just that, she was not used on having a small baby sleep with her beside the bed. “I'm sorry...”

 

“You know what? If you want to keep her then you should start knowing what to do.” He shook his head and walked out of the room with the baby on his arms.

 

“Where are you taking her?” She asked with her fingers fidgeting.

 

“To my room. She needs to sleep with someone that would know she exists with him in the bed.” He said without even looking back at her and went away, even closing her door.

 

Yeojin sighed and hit his head twice, “Aish.. Pabo!” She scolded herself and thought if she should go after him or just stay there inside. She wanted to follow, but maybe Minho would just scold him again.She sat helplessly on the side of the bed, feeling guilty of not being able to take care of her baby while she was crying.

 

Minho then entered his room while hugging the baby. She stopped crying though he could still hear her sobs. “I'm sorry, sweetie... that woman doesn't know how to take care of you. You should sleep here first with...” He paused for a while and looked at the child whose eyes were open though she wasn't crying. “What should I make you call me, huh, sweetie?” He asked while smiling gently towards the child who was looking back at him. “Huh? What do you think?” He chuckled when the child extended her short arms as if she was reaching for his cheek. “Aigoo~ You are so sweet. Sorry I didn't came immediately to comfort you...”

 

He then flattened the bed and placed the baby beside her. He had slept a lot of times with Yoogeun before when he was just an infant, so he knew what to do during this situation.

 

He had his 100 percent attention to the baby as both of them fell asleep together.

 

*** *** ***

 

Minho woke up with the little angel still sleeping soundly beside him. He fixed the blanket on the child before moving carefully to make sure she won't wake up. As he stood up from the bed he placed several pillows around her so she won't fall from the bed if ever she wakes up in time that he wasn't around.

 

He smelled the aroma of brewed coffee and garlic rice. Minho walked to the kitchen and found Yeojin busily cooking breakfast. He walked too softly that she didn't even notice him coming over.

 

“Oh you scared me.” Yeojin uttered as she turned to bring the fried eggs into the table. She was wearing an apron over the white huge tshirt Minho gave her last night. “Did I wake you up with the noise?”

 

Minho shook his head and looked at the table that was now filled with foods: Garlic rice, toasted bread, hotdogs, fried eggs. “You made this?”

 

“Yes. For you.” Yeojin said shyly as she looked at him with uncertainty. “I want to apologize for last night. For making you mad because I wasn't able to take care of her properly.” She looked like a student ready to receive another set of anger from her professor.

 

But Minho nodded, “It's okay... just... next time, you should know what to do.”

 

“You're not mad at me anymore?”

 

For some unknown reason, Minho froze and just looked at Yeojin. He didn't know why a simple “You're not mad at me anymore?” made him feel something strange both in his chest and in his stomach. He was looking at her, assessing himself why he felt his heart jumping upon hearing that voice.

 

“Minho-yah...”

 

Fudge. He wanted to curse out loud the moment she called his name. What is wrong with you, Choi Minho? “Minho-yah... are you still mad?” She said as she tilted her head a bit on her side.

 

Finally, he used all his mental strength to come back to reality. “It's okay. I'm not mad anymore. Is it okay to eat?”

 

“Ah, yeah... please sit down.” She smiled and even pulled a chair for him.

 

“Is it normally hot in the Philippines?” Minho remarked as he fanned himself. “It's morning but I can't feel any wind at all.”

 

“Maybe because the windows are closed. I'll open them.” Yeojin said and quickly ran to the windows to open them. Minho unconsciously followed her with his sight and watched as she struggled reaching out to open the huge glass window.

 

His eyes seemed to have their own lives as they went down to her thighs that were being exposed as she raised her hand up. She has really fair thighs and they weren't the typical skinny type of thighs women have. Hers were long but round and looked really attractive.

 

“There. The air is coming in.”

 

“Oh. Yeah. Yeah.” Immediately, Minho looked down on the set of foods at the table and started getting them all with great discomfort. “You should go here and eat, too.” He said without looking at her. “Ah, seriously, is it summer in the Philippines?” He shook his head and fanned himself again.

 

Ah... stop your weird thoughts, Choi Minho.... Stop it.