Happier Each Day

Perfect Two

A/N: I have one month off vacation from school, so yeah.. that means a lot of updates.. plus a new fic coming up. :)) Still prepping for it, though, but watch out!


“How about you tell me what happened last night that you went home smiling like an idiot and now you're humming like a crazy person?” Shane started nagging that morning at the dining table while she was having breakfast with Yeojin.

 

“I met my ex husband.” Yeojin told her as if it was nothing – which literally made Shane's eyes grew wider than ever. “I didn't know I was meeting him yesterday.” She added.

 

“YOU WHAT?!” That surprised and confused expression couldn't be hidden. “YOU MET HIM AND THEN WHAT? WHAT DID HE SAY? WHY DID HE GO HERE?”

 

“Girl, relax!” Yeojin let out a soft chuckle after seeing her friend's reaction. “He just went here to tell me the divorce petition has been approved, and we're now officially over.”

 

“AND?!” Shane asked waiting for the next story.

 

But Yeojin only shrugged her shoulders. “And what? That's it. He went back after letting me know. He told me he wanted to tell me personally so he went here.”

 

“And you're happy? Aren't you supposed to ponder over the memories you had with him? Cry because it was over and you suddenly missed him after seeing him again yesterday? I thought you loved him so much that you didn't know if you can take it after receiving the divorce approval? Now what is happening?” Shane had a lot of questions. She was wondering why Yeojin didn't react the way she thought she will.

 

“Well...” She paused for a while thinking what she should tell her. “I think it was just be-” She was interrupted by the sudden vibration of her phone that was placed on the table. She took it and saw a message coming from Minho.

 

Morning! ^^ Are you doing anything for today? ^^”

 

She couldn't help but smile on that morning text message, and before she could talk again, she had to send her reply to him.

 

Morning! :) Sam called me up just this morning and tell me he has some work offer for me. I'm going to meet him in the company today.”

 

“Ahuuhh~” Shane uttered after carefully examining Yeojin's reaction as she was smiling on her phone. “I think I know why you're happy. It's because of that Greek God looking guy, right?” She asked and it never failed to make Yeojin laughed when her friend uses that term to describe and address Minho.

 

“He's just a part of it but not really the main reason why I'm happy...” She lied though she knew he was really the reason why she was able to whole heartedly accept what Jonghyun all said. “I'm happy bec-” Again, she was intterupted when her phone rang this time. It was now a call from Minho.

 

“Yes?” She was still half smiling when she answered the phone.

 

“I didn't know you and that guy still keep in touch.” Minho immediately uttered. “And I didn't know it's okay to see him whenever you want.”

 

For a second, Yeojin thought why he was acting that way, until then she was able to realize – that they were no longer friends anymroe. In fact, they're more than that. “It was for work, and not for anything else.” She cleared out trying to sound with authority – hoping she could turn the tables around and make Minho soft and tamed.

 

“How sure are you this is just for work?”

 

“Because I know – and I won't let it happen.” She said assuring him of that. Minho sighed on the other line. “Stop it. Please?” It turns out, that she had to use soft words in order to please him.

 

“Fine. But I'll take you out after.” Minho said changing the topic. “I'll pick you up in the company and let's have dinner. Is that okay with you?”

 

“Sure. I'll message you as soon as I'm done. See you.” She smiled after ending the call with him. She placed it back on the table and saw how Shane was weirdly looking at her.

 

“Huh. So it was actually more than what I expected the relationship would be...” She shook her head and took a bite of her food. “Blame it on that divorce papers. If it came out earlier then you will be able to admit your feelings earlier as well.”

 

She only smiled and considered her point, however, she believed they all happened in the right time – and she was happy – that no words can even explain how much overwhelmed she was as of the moment.

 

Sam called her early this morning to tell her someone called his company asking for her name. Since she's a friend so Sam pledged to contact her and make her talk to this agent that would want to cast Yeojin.

 

“I am from a well known entertainment agency and we provide this industry with fresh and skillful talents.” The guy introduced himself that day to her. “I will go straight to the point. I want to get you be our student. We will train you, and soon you will debut as the newest actress in the country. I guarantee you that a lot of people will look forward to see you.”

 

She was both overwhelmed and surprised after hearing such offer. She didn't know she had that kind of effect to agents after they watched her music video with Sam.

 

“...You look so beautiful and skillful. I mean, you can fit into any role and you only need to train for several months to become a star.” He insisted.

 

“Wow... this is a great offer, sir. I didn't know you have that huge trust on me for this.”

 

“Well? Because I see your potentials, and I have never failed into looking at a talent. Once I know she could be famous one day, then by all means I would get her on my agency.” The guy said full of determination, to which Yeojin smiled.

 

*** *** ***

 

She ran happily after seeing Minho outside the company. Minho smiled widely as he waited for her to come closer and meet him.

 

“Hi!” She said happily and waved her hand as she stopped in front of him. However, Minho just comfortable wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to kiss her cheek. She was surprised but Minho just chuckled.

 

“You should tell me about the meeting.” He said dearly and it surprised her more. The sparkle on Minho's eyes had change. It was brighter this time, and Yeojin didn't know if she should get happy or nervous about this.

 

Minho opened the door for her, and closed it back before running to the other side. She was silently watching – thinking that it was surprising to know Minho could even cooler than he was before.

 

As he went inside the car, he smiled to her before starting the engine.

 

“So what is it all about?” Minho asked as they were on the road travelling to some place.

 

“Ah yes. I told you it was because of an offer. A talent agency called Sam to help them contact me personally. They said they wanted to train me and make me an actress in the future.”

 

“Wow! That's good!” Minho exclaimed and felt immediately proud. “They must have liked you that much! It was obvious. You were so beautiful during that music video.” He said along with lor of praises pertaining to her. “So? When are you gonna start training?”

 

“I didn't accept it.” She revealed to which Minho's expression changed into surprise. “I told her it's better to find another person that will have a better furture than me.”

 

“But.. but why? Don't you want to be an actress? You'll be shown on TV a lot... you'll be popular and a lot will know you!”

 

“But I want a simple life.” She answered shortly but meaningfully. “Being in that industry will require me a lot of focus and attention to my career. Then if I do that, I won't be able to care for the people that I love.. and for other things that interest and cheer me up.” She saw Minho's face soften so she continued. “And besides, I want to go back to Korea. If I am to take that offer then that means you'll have to leave me here.”

 

Just then, a smiled appeared on Minho's face after hearing what she said. Slowly, he reached over her hand and held it tightly. He took a glance over her and nodded. “You didn't know how you make me happy from time to time.” He sighed and both of them smiled to each other again.