I Am Afraid

Perfect Two

 Minho pushed the chair slightly so Yeojin could sit comfortably on it. “Thank you.” She said and looked at him with a smile. He then went opposite her at the table to take his seat. They were in a fine dine in restaurant, and would have their dinner together there. Meanwhile, the restaurant prohibits pets to be inside so they had to left Minjin in the car alone. “Is this really your treat?” She asked to which he nodded. “Why are you being generous today?”

 

“Do you want to split the bill then?” Minho chuckled and shook his head. “Sure I won't allow you do that.”

 

“I don't have any money with me anyways.” Yeojin couldn't help but feel giggly about it. Soon they took the menu list and ordered. Minho sure wanted to eat a lot, for he ordered so much but Yeojin was confident he could finish everything. He was such a heavy eater.

 

“The day hasn't finished yet, but I want to thank you for today.” Yeojin said as they were in the middle of their meal. “I had no idea how you were able to make this day so wonderful when it was a sorrowful day yesterday.” Minho looked at her, afraid that she'll start being emotional about Angel's lost again. “I thought losing Angel would bring in the emptiness back, but maybe because you took care of me well, that it suddenly felt like I still have someone.” She admitted. Minho was forcing himself not to smile widely upon hearing that from her.

 

“Well, I'm taking that positively. I'm glad I was able to get you feel better.”

 

“You did.” She smiled and looked at him. “Maybe more than what you expected me to feel. That's why I'm really thankful, coz you didn't let me down.”

 

There was a short silence, until she talked again. “I think I have to go back to where I was before.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?” He was frozen for a bit and was afraid that he understood what she really said.

 

“I mean, I'm going back to my apartment to live with Shane. I have already disturbed you so much, and now that Angel isn't with us anymore, there is no more excuse staying at your house.”

 

“But, it's okay. I don't really mind.” In fact, I just want you with me in the house. He badly wanted to tell the last sentence in his mind, but was afraid that it will sound inappropriate.

 

“It's not okay for me, coz I will feel like I'm such a burden to you. And you have the tendency to worry about people a lot, and I don't want to make you worry all the time with my constant moodswings and my throwfits.” She chuckled and was embarrassed but knew that all those things were true.

 

“It's okay. I'm not complaining. I never complained. You know that.”

 

“I know, but still...” Yeojin was sure of it. “I should go. It's for my own good.”

 

How about my own good? “Well, I can stop taking care of you if you want.”

 

“I'll end up taking care of you, and you'll take care of me as well and we'll have to take care of each other because we are together.” Yeojin said but was confused. She then frowned understanding her own sentence but just laughed it off later.

 

“So what's wrong about that? You take care of me, I take care of you. Sounds fair, right?”

 

“It's not going to be fair in the end.” Yeojin said while shaking her head. “I don't want to get used on you making me feel so important. I'm afraid I'll depend on it one day and won't be able to move on without you.”

 

“What?” Minho didn't know if he'll smile or frown after hearing what she said.

 

“Look, Minho. I don't want to get used on these things.”

 

“What things?”

 

“Like this! Taking me out. Buying a cute puppy for me. Letting me watch your game and letting me cheer for you. I don't want you to keep on doing these.”

 

“Why?” Minho knew the answer but he was acting dense only to hear the answer straight from .

 

“You know the answer.”

 

“I don't know.” Minho shrugged his shoulders. “I can't see the point why you don't want to get used to it. I wanted you to be happy, and you said you were thankful I'm doing that for you. I don't understand why suddenly you don't want me to do them anymore.”

 

“Because that's scary.” She looked at him and said it with conviction. “In one month, you'll go back to Korea. That will leave me alone again.”

 

“Then let's go home together.” Minho answered. “I think it's time for you to go home, too. It's time for you to face them again.”

 

“I don't know.” She shook her head and smiled. “I'm not sure if I'm ready.”

 

“You are. I can feel you are.”

 

“I'm afraid.”

 

“Sheezz, Yeojin why are you afraid of everything?”

 

Yeojin breathed. “Can we talk about this again after dinner? I don't want to spoil your mood. I'm sorry.”

 

Minho sighed, nodded, and they ended up finishing their meals quietly. The mood was not really ruined. They just decided to spend the rest of the dinner thinking silently about what to say to each other later on when they're done.

 

As soon as they got into the car, Minho couldn't help himself but talk. Yeojin immediately took Minjin out of the his small cage and put it on her lap, gently caressing it. “There's no point being afraid of anything, Yeojin-ah.” He said, still hasn't starting the engine.

 

“I have reasons, and I know you know what are those.”

 

“Can we be clear on this?” Minho turned his body to face her properly, his one hand holding on the steering wheel for support. “By being scared of me, means you're afraid of falling for me?” Yeojin only looked at him and didn't answer. “You don't want to fall for me? Like seriously?”

 

“Why? Why does it need to affect you anyway?” She looked away and lowered her voice, as if she was starting to get uncomfortable over that conversation.

 

“You're leaving me not because you don't want to be a burden but only because you're afraid of falling in love with me?” He sighed disappointingly, looked away shortly, and looked back at her. “This is funny.”

 

“I know.” She whispered. “I should not fall for you, right? But I'm afraid I will and I don't want to get hurt again. No. Not another heartbreak.”

 

“You are seriously...”

 

“Well at least I'm not someone who would follow you around and will beg for you to love me back!” She defended like a child and even hissed at him. “I won't do that, that's why I'm willing to break the feelings that hasn't even formed yet!”

 

“What if I fall for you, too?”

 

“No. No, Choi Minho, you can't do that. I won't allow you do that.”

 

“Well, you may not allow me, but you cannot force me not to feel anything anyway?”

 

“Stop.” She closed her eyes and showed a palm on him. “ Let's stop this conversation. Please accept my decision that I'm going tomorrow and leave the house.” She looked at him with a serious face. “I don't know why you're against of me leaving the house, but you cannot force me stay when I don't want to stay anymore.”

 

“Whatever.” Minho quitted arguing and gave in. “Then Minjin has to stay with me. I bought him. So he's literally mine.”

 

“Are we talking about his custody?” She raised an eyebrow and Minho nodded. “It is by law, that when a child doesn't have any capabilities to choose for himself, then he has to stay with the mother, so he's going with me.”

 

Minho cocked his head a little on the side and smirked teasingly. “How can you not fall for me when just now you regarded that puppy as our child? Aish. Seriously.” Minho shook his head and started the engine furiously. Yeojin bit her lips and knew by then that she was blushing.