Take that Path

Perfect Two

 A/N: Started writing this as soon as I went home. I am really excited for some reasons but guys.. I missed your comments! Don't forget to leave me some! :)


She knew he was about to kiss her, but instead of moving, she stayed still. She was curious if he was really going to do it for real, and surprised that he really did do it. It was just a soft touch. His lips were lightly pressed against her, but she could feel the contact, and that peck gave shivers to her whole body.

 

It was just for three seconds but Yeojin thought her world stopped. Slowly, Minho raised his head up but his eyes were fixed looking at her. She couldn't even blink, for Minho's stare and the look on his eyes were something she didn't know why she couldn't even want to miss.

 

Nobody's talking. They were in the same position as a while ago. Her arms were on his chest while his arm was around her back pulling her on her waist. It was Yeojin who looked away, unconsciously bitting the lips Minho once owned. Meanwhile, Minho himself couldn't say a thing. He was surprised as well. He didn't know what got into him that he actually did that.

 

“I...” Minho was about to say sorry when he stopped. Realizing it fastly, he wasn't really sorry for what he did so there was no point apologizing about it. “You didn't avoid me. I couldn't stop myself.” In the end, it was what he could only say.

 

“It's okay.” She said and it came out as an almost whisper. With a quick move she stood up and took Angel from the baby chair in a hurry. “I'll just be in my room.” She said without even looking at him again and rushed to her room. The next thing Minho heard was a loud bang on her door. He sighed and looked at the ceiling, thinking if he should regret the kiss for real or not.

 

“Pabo.” He told himself. “At least you could have asked permission.” He said but shook his head when he realized it was impossible for her to even allow him kiss her. “Pabo. You are such a pabo, Choi Minho.” He repeatedly uttered.

 

Meanwhile, Yeojin in her room was in great confusion as well. She didn't know why he did that, and why on Earth she didn't stop him. She knew it would happen, but she didn't do a single effort to even refuse. She placed Angel on her crib and patted her thigh a little. She was literally spacing out – confused – and lost.

 

“Why why why why why why why...” She said repeatedly in a whisper. “Why did you do it?” She looked at her door as if she was looking at Minho.

 

After noticing that Angel had fallen asleep, she stood up properly and touched her lips. Yeojin was just checking if it really happened in reality or it was just a dream. She closed her eyes and thought of it again. Suddenly, a clear vision of Minho in front of her appeared. She opened her eyes in panic as she didn't know why she had to imagine that.

 

“What is happening to me?” It was the first time she realized how different she had become when it comes to Minho. She was confused, and dumbfounded. “I don't know. Aish. I don't know.”

 

She was in the middle of contemplating when someone knocked on her door. She was certain who it was, and was nervous to open the door. She was nervous to face him after what happened few minutes ago.

 

After the third knock, she decided to go and open the door.

 

“Yeojin-ah.. I...” Minho was speechless again after seeing her. She couldn't look straight to him, though. “I should apologize for what I did a while ago..” She looked at him immediately and was about to say something when Minho continued. “I didn't mean to do it.”

 

“Ha.” She released a loud obvious sigh as she looked away after rolling her eyes. “It's okay. Don't worry about it. It was nothing.” She said as if she didn't care about it.

 

“It was nothing?”

 

“Yeah, I mean... it's not like it's my first kiss. Don't worry. No big deal.” She said and smiled fakely. “I think I'm sleepy. See you tomorrow.” That's it and she closed the door again.

 

“But it's...” Minho was about to say something again when the door closed. “It's just... 6 pm.” He only whispered. Yeojin and him didn't even get to eat the dinner she cooked a while ago.

 

As Yeojin closed the door behind her, she knew she was boiling in anger. She released several heavy sigh and clenched her fists. How dare is he?! Angry, she marched towards the table and took her phone.

 

“That idiot.” Yeojin said as soon as Shane picked up her phone. “He is really stupid!” She said over the line, still being conscious that Minho might hear it from outside.

 

“Wai-wai-wait! You weren't calling me for the past weeks and now you're welcoming me with words like idiot and stupid?? Who are you talking about?!” Shane said and started to get in panic. “And hey, I heard you quit your work. What got into you? Because of the baby?!”

 

“He's an idiot. He's an idiot, Shane. He really is.”

 

“Who?!” She shouted on the other line, starting to get really pissed off over Yeojin.

 

“How dare that person kiss me. I hate him.”

 

“KISS?!! WHO?! WHO KISSED YOU?!” Shane started to get even worse in panicking. “Wai-wait. Are you talking about your hot Korean friend who looked like a Greek God?!” She wasn't able to answer. “Oh My GOSH HE KISSED YOU?! OMG. TELL ME ABOUT IT!!!!!”

 

“Why do you sound so happy?!”

 

“Because he kissed you.” She paused. “Wait. Why are you so mad?”

 

“Who wouldn't be when you were kissed by someone without even warning.”

 

“I doubt you didn't see the warning coming.” Shane said in a teasing manner. “Come on, Yeojin. It's not like a you're a teenager who would whine when she gets kissed. You are living in a house with a man. You may not be single for real, but technically, both of you are. What do you expect? He's man. Hormones?? Urges?? Hello??”

 

“He said he was sorry okay, and told me he didn't mean to do it.”

 

“AHHHHHHHHH.....” Shane let out a long expression before continuing. “So you were mad not because he kissed you but because he said he didn't mean to do it. So? You wanted him to mean it? You wanted him to kiss you with a purpose? So you were angry because you knew he regretted it? Huh?”

 

“Of course not!!” Yeojin immediately defended herself. “What are you saying?! Of course I was mad because he kissed me! That's all!”

 

“Aahhh... Okay.” Shane said shortly. “Just believe what you want to believe. It's up to you.” She let out a soft chuckle on the other line. “But really... I don't think he kissed you because of nothing. He likes you.”

 

“He doesn't. He likes my ex husband's ex girlfriend who will be his wife in the future.” She reiterated clearly. “For years, he has only looked at her.”

 

“I don't know.” Shane said and sighed. “I don't want to tell you what I think, you'll just figure it out later on.”

 

On the other hand, Minho was walking back to the living area with another confusion in his mind. So it was nothing for her? She regarded it as just another kiss? She wasn't really affected?

 

Even he admits it to himself or not, it was really obvious that Minho was disappointed but what she said. It only meant that she wasn't affected. She didn't care, and for once, Minho didn't like the idea that it was just okay. He would rather have her asking why he did that, and tell him how she felt about it. He was really not expecting an “It's Okay” from her.

 

As he rested his head on the pillow, he closed his eyes and tried remembering that exact moment a while ago.

 

It was the first time he saw her face as close as that. She smelled nice. Her skin, her hair, her breath. Everything smells nice. She was intoxicating at that moment. As he leaned in forward to kiss her, she didn't do anything, not even closing her eyes.

 

And he adored it. He liked how she blinked her eyes several times as their lips were together. He could even fell her eyelashes batting, and that innocently confused and dumbfounded face she had when he broke the kiss. If he wasn't in the right mind, then he would have really wanted to own those lips again. Those lips that were really soft. If it was because of her lipgloss or just her, he didn't know but her lips really sweet, he would glady do it again.

 

He sighed and opened his eyes again. I would gladly take that path again... the path of being crazy in love with someone.