After a Horror Movie

Perfect Two

 A/N: Brace yourselves, everyone.


“What are these?” Yeojin showed Minho some of the things he bought outside despite the heavy rains. “You bought DVDs, Junk Foods, and then sweets. What are these for?” She asked.

 

“Let's watch them all later.” Minho suggested and smiled. “We couldn't go out so I thought let's just have movie marathon together.”

 

She looked at him with eyes dilating and then she smiled. “Great! But... are you really fond of watching horror films? These are all scary and creepy.”

 

“They excite me.” Minho shrugged his shoulders and chuckled. “Long ago during highschool I used to watch horror films with the guys. It has always been Kibum who is most afraid, but Jonghyun hyung always screamed the loudest. Not that he's scared, he easily gets shocked.”


“I know, that was why we never watched horror movie together. His scream makes me even more scared and nervous.” She laughed softly and then paused for a while as she remembered something. “But, are you sure you won't scream as loud as him? You'll send me running back to my room I swear.”

 

Minho only laughed and shook his head while walking closer. He suddenly took something from his pocket and showed it to Yeojin. “This will look good on you.” He said shortly. It was a small black hair clip with yellow gems which formed a small flower.

 

“You bought this for me?”

 

“Uhh...” Minho thought for a while. “I was looking for something to give Angel but the store I got into doesn't sell cute things that will fit her, then I saw that one and thought you can wear it.” He shrugged his shoulders. “Just take it. I won't be able to use it anyways.”

 

Yeojin took the hair clip from his palm and immediately put it on her hair. She looked up at him and smiled. “Does it suit me?”

 

“Yeppo.” Minho uttered and smiled. “Should we watch them in the afternoon?”

 

“Uhm, yes.” She answered. “I'll just cook rice and then the dish for tonight so we can have the rest of the day completely.”

 

Minho nodded. “I'll just be in your room and play with Angel.” He said and went straight to Yeojin's room.

 

“Ah, Minho-yah...” She called even before he was able to enter her room. “I saw some ingredients here which are supposedly for cookie making. Do you want me to bake cookies for you while I cook the dinner?”

 

“Thanks for noticing. I was actually a bit shy to ask.” Minho chuckled and felt being embarrassed.

 

“So that was why you bought me something.” She cocked her head a bit and smiled. “I'll make you a lot, sir.” That and she turned to face the kitchen and her works. Minho smiled to himself as he continued heading to her room.

 

After about 45 minutes, Minho went out with Angel on his arms. He was cradling her as he walked towards Yeojin in the kitchen. “Omma, cooking, Angel-ah...” Minho uttered which made Yeojin aware of their presence.

 

“Hello, babe.” Yeojin said as she busily stirred in the caserole. “Did you sleep well?” She chuckled as she took a peak on Angel who was wiggling her small arms as she seemed to be playing with Minho. “You really know how to play with a child, huh?”

 

“I was trained.” He uttered softly.

 

“By my ex husband's child.” She added which made Minho looked at her seriously. She wasn't aware of it for she was busily doing something and her back was facing him.

 

“Didn't I say that we should stop talking something about that?” He said in such tone that she knew was about to get pissed off. She looked at him surprisingly.

 

“I was just joking.”

 

“It isn't meant to be one.” Minho replied. “If it's anything concerning how you feel, then there's no way it could be a joke.” She only looked at him and then he sighed. “I just hate it that you keep on remembering those painful past. I don't like it.”

 

“Thank You.” She smiled softly and nodded. “I won't talk about it anymore. I promise. Really.” She even raised her right hand and pledged. “So that you won't get angry at me.”

 

“Ugh.” Minho shook his head and turned his back against her. He couldn't help but adore this sweet side of her. He felt like if he continued looking back at her like that, then he would melt.

 

*** *** ***

 

Minho took out Angel's baby chair and positioned it beside the couch near him. Yeojin said she was done cooking and she'll just take a bath, so he was now fixing the player and the DVDs.

 

“I'm done! Let's start!” Yeojin ran from outside her room excitedly like a child. “What are we going to watch first?” She asked after jumping on the couch.

 

“The one that isn't horror.” He replied as he was busily fixing the player and the television. “Let's save those films for the last.” He chuckled and clicked the play button and immediately moved to sit beside Yeojin on the couch. They were inches apart though.

 

30 minutes around the film and Minho noticed Yeojin yawning. It was an indication that she was starting to get bored. “Do you want to switch film?” He asked.

 

“Aren't you gonna finish that one?”

 

“It's boring.” He answered. “How about one of the horror films?” Yeojin was yet to answer when he quickly moved to the player to switch film.

 

Silence covered the whole living area and the only thing they can hear now was the noise coming from the television. The scene was a girl walking on a dimmed corridor towards a room that is located as the farthest end of it. There was an alarming background sound and Yeojin was trying to hide her nervousnes.

 

“Omo!!!!!” She shouted right then when a monstrous face appeared right in front of the girl. Yeojin quickly covered her face and hide so as not to see what was happening.

 

Minho looked at her and chuckled. He was enjoying that sight of Yeojin. However, as the film got more intense, he noticed that Yeojin was starting to move closer to him while still covering her face. He moved a bit farther from her to but Yeojin still moved closer. “Yah. What are you doing?” He asked while laughing.

 

“The sound creeps me out. Gosh.” She said and suddenly held his arms when a loud noise was heard from the movie. “Oh my seriously. I am seriously afraid. Oh my Gosh.”

 

“Can you look at the screen? The story is good. It's a waste if you'll miss the whole thing.” He said while allowing her to hold firmly on his arms.

 

“I'm scared.”

 

“Sheez, it's not true. And besides, you're not alone. If they suddenly come out on TV then you just have to hide behind me.” He said encouraging her. She then slowly peaked at the screen to watch what is happening.

 

The scenes calm down, but Yeojin still couldn't be at ease. Minho didn't know if she was doing it unconsciously, but he suddenly noticed how she was carefully moving his arm around her back. He was confused until he felt her head resting on his shoulders. What are you doing?! There was a mixture of panic and excitement in him as he felt almost half of her weight.

 

Few minutes later, another horrifying scene came. “No. No. No. Oh My Gosh. Don't. Don't go there. There's a ghost there. NO No NO NO NO. OH I TOLD YOU DON'T GO THERE. OH MY GOSH. THERE'S A GHOST!” Yeojin talked nonstop as she was nervous, while Minho couldn't be scared that much because half of his attention was on how he was hugging her as she screamed. The sudden loud and creepy noise made Yeojin close her eyes and firmly hold into his shirt. She hugged him tightly as if he was the only one that could save her in case these monstrous beings goes out in real life. It was the last scene, and Yeojin didn't know why it ended like that, though she stayed hugging him in that position.

 

“Yeojin-ah...” Minho called softly. She didn't respond. “Yeojin-ah.”

 

Yeojin raised her head from his chest and slowly looked at him. She was teary eyes because of too much fright. Just then, she was rather more surprised when he suddenly leaned forward meeting her lips with his.