As Expected From Ms. Beautiful

Perfect Two

 “So how do you find our field, Mr. Choi?” Another professor from the English department was with Minho that morning as he was given the chance to have a tour around the academy with someone that would accompany him. Prof. Chris wasn't available because he had classes so a lady professor went with him.

 

“You have such wide and cool field.” He praised and looked around. “You really created a real soccer field for the children. I'm impressed.”

 

“Well, that's because we intensively train these kids to produce the best soccer team in the Philippines. We must hone the country's future pride.” She said proudly and he nodded in agreement. “You will start coaching the kids on Monday. How do you feel about that?”

 

He narrowed his eyes cutely towards the field and shrugged his shoulders before looking at her, “Nervous? But excited and looking forward.” He admitted and let out a soft chuckle. “I have no experience in coaching a number of kids but I know how to deal with them.”

 

“Ahh...” She took a glance on Minho in a rather flirty way. “You have a child? - Oh... I'm sorry I start asking personal questions. Please don't be offended by that.” She said as she quickly took back what she said though it was obvious that she really did ask that to know about it.

 

“No, it's nothing.” He said and smiled. “I don't have a child, and a wife.” He looked at her and just before she was about to say something else, he continued, “And I don't even have a girlfriend, or a special someone.” He said answering all the unsaid questions of the young professor.

 

“Oh.. that's a relief.”

 

“Come again?” Minho asked though he heard that whisper really well. His father knew him well, when he likes to, then he can really play well with girls.

 

“Oh... nothing. I said that was such a big news.” She said and bit her lower lip while silently squealing. Minho chuckled softly, finding it amusing that a professor was actually being like a teenage girl while she was at school. “I mean... for sure, it was unusual of someone as handsome as you not to have a girlfriend or a special someone.”

 

There, she said it. A hint of telling him he's handsome is like saying she's interested to him. Minho was about to say something when he heard something from his phone. He took it out and it was again another buzz coming from Yeojin through skype. He took it out and saw a message.

 

Yeojin: You haven't told me why you were in the Philippines.

 

He smiled so he tapped the text box to reply.

 

Minho: I told you it's for work, and no, I didn't come with any other person.

 

As soon as he sent the reply, Yeojin notified him for a video call. He looked at the professor, “Can I take this call for a while?”

 

“Sure. I don't mind.” She said but obviously knew it was a girl based from her instinct and the way Minho smiled over the message.

 

Minho pressed the answer button. “Aren't you busy travelling? Why are you calling me?” He asked and added a laugh.

 

“I'm curious.” Yeojin answered and stared at the background for a while. “You seem to be in school. Can you tell me what you're up to? Why are you suddenly in the Philippines and when are you going back to Korea?”

 

“Wow. I just arrived yesterday and you already want me to go back? Don't you want to see me first? I even asked you to give me tips of what to travel!” He said enthusiastically, gaining another pout from Yeojin who was seriously curious of why he was in the Philippines. “I'll answer the rest of your questions... I'm up to coaching kids in this academy about soccer.”

 

“You didn't tell me you were going here.”

 

“Why do I have to tell you?” Minho frowned and tilted his head a bit. “And besides, you didn't tell me as well that you are here, and I was told about this three days before I actually leave the country. I haven't gotten on line eversince that day so I really had no chance of telling you about this.” He paused for a while and shook his head. “Aissh ! I don't even owe you an explanation! Are you done interviewing me, Ms. Researcher?”

 

“Fine. Fine.” She gave up and just let out a tsk.

 

“So? Why are you not somewhere today?”

 

“It's not everyday that I travel, okay, and stop bugging me off about my work.” She hissed and rolled her eyes which made him laugh.

 

The old Ahn Yeojin he saw three months ago reminded him of a messy girl who shouted and cried in the middle of the street that night while she was heavily drunk. She was the same person who smoked without knowing how to smoke, and talked with profanities to released her anger.

 

She was the same person who had different personalities, and right now, he thought maybe he was facing someone new on skype. She was still the same Yeojin whose smile makes her cheeks ascends from heaven and who has normal blushes on her cheeks. She was the same girl whose eyelashes dance together whenever she bats her eyelids.

 

“So what about you meet me today at the afternoon?” He requested and smiled. “Take me to a nice place you know I haven't been to.”

 

“As long as it's your treat.” Yeojin answered.

 

“I don't have any Philippine peso right now. I spent it buying your travel magazine.”

 

She rolled her eyes again upon the mention of her travel magazine. “I'll take you to money exchange. Now, you have no other reason not to treat me at all.”

 

“Fine then.” He quitted and just gave in. “Where are you meeting me?”

 

“Eastwood Mall. Since you're new in the place so maybe you don't have much idea about the City so just go to that mall and wait for me at the Main entrance.”

 

“I got it.” He said and ended the call to continue talking to the professor.

 

The professor became so distant unlike before after witnessing the video call Minho did with Yeojin. “I thought you were not into someone...” She whispered as they made their way back to the office.

 

“What?”

 

“I knew it. Guys like you always know how to play nice and likeable in front of other girls. You play with my hearts and hooks us to fall for you when you already have someone special in your life. Seriously, I should've learned my lesson from the past, why am I looking at someone like you again?”

 

Minho looked at her in both surprise and disbelief. “Oohh, wait, Prof.. I think we are having some misunderstandings here.” He said and tried to calm the professor that was already starting to be at raged. “First, I never really acted playfully towards you and I have no intention of hooking you up. Secondly, I don't think I really have to explain about this but she's not a girlfriend... just a friend I want to meet up today.”

 

“See? How would that girl feel if she finds out that you're denying your relationship with her? Aish! You guys are so irritating!” She said angrily and marched back towards the faculty room.

 

While Minho was left dumbfounded and confused about what just happened to the girl, he decided to just leave and go back on his first day on Monday, which was just two days away.

 

He then rode a cab to the place where he would meet up with Yeojin. She was right when she thought it would be better for him to go and see her there because he didn't have any hard time going to the location.

 

Standing at the main entrance just like what Yeojin told him, Minho waited until she arrived. Just then, after few minutes, someone with a familiar figure was seen approaching the entrance.

 

She was wearing a pretty dress with her hair tied up on a ponytail and her fringe covering her forehead. She was walking with a poise though Minho knew it was being done naturally.

 

“As expected from a model by heart.” Minho said as he shook his head in amusement.

 

“Why are you shaking your head?” Yeojin asked when she reached him and they finally stood face to face each other.

 

“Who would have thought you were once a wife? You look like a teenager... nothing have changed, you're still the beautiful, sweet looking lady I knew.” He said with praises going out of his mouth nonstop. Yeojin only chuckled and found it amusing that Minho was actually praising her for real.


A/N: Oh-oh, Minho, can you close your jaw for a while? Saliva is almost dropping. Why are you suddenly entranced with Yeojin's beauty?