Girls' Talk

Perfect Two

“Omma?” Yeojin walked on the kitchen to find her mom arranging the stocks on the fridge. She just woke up from a short but undisturbed nap.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Do you know where Minho’s Pasta House is? I heard he opened his own restaurant already.” She asked as if it was nothing. Her mother thought for a while and she wasn’t suspicious at all.

 

“Well… I heard it was located in Gangnam. Why? Do you plan to go?”

 

“Uh, I think I would like to surprise them as well. You know, tell everybody I’m back for good!” She spread her arms a bit wide and smiled widely again. “I’ll leave for a bit, mom, and will come back at night.”

 

“Sure.”

 

Yeojin went to prepare and take a bath before leaving. She was now excited to surprise Minho and the rest about her arrival. She couldn’t wait to see everybody’s expression – including also her boyfriend, who thought all along that she would actually take a week before following him.

 

But first, she needed everybody to gather in the Pasta House until she appears and surprises them. Eventually, she decided to go on a certain place first before heading to the restaurant. She crossed her fingers, hoping it was still the same house they are living in.

 

*** ***

 

“Yeojin?” Just like how her mother reacted, Soeun was surprised to see her as well. “You’re back? You should’ve told us! When did you arrive? Come in! Come in!” Soeun was excited to see her as well. She immediately opened the door wider to let her in.

 

“I just came this afternoon. Around 3pm. I went home to surprise omma because no one knows yet about my arrival.”

 

“Wow. So this is really a surprise? Yoogeunni! Yoogeunnie! Guess who’s here!” Soeun called Yoogeun out and immediately, the boy ran down the stairs to see who came.

 

“Oh?! Aunt Yeojin!” He shouted excitedly and ran to hug Yeojin.

 

“Aigoo! You’ve grown a lot!” She kneeled to receive the big hug from him. “I’m glad you still remember aunt. How are you?”

 

“I’m fine, aunt! I missed you! Are you going to stay here for good?”

 

“I will.” She smiled and pinched his cheeks playfully. “You are still as cute as before.”

 

“Jonghyun isn’t here.”

 

“That’s good. I plan to surprise them.” She told Soeun and smiled widely. “How’s everything so far? Are you, two, getting married?”

 

“Aah…” Soeun was hesitant to talk about it, and Yeojin felt that, so she walked closer and held her hand and smiled.

 

“Look, Soeun, when I told you I am only going back when I’m finally healed and I’m happy again, I meant it.” She smiled and nodded. “It was a painful memory but it’s all in past now, and I want you to believe me when I say I really got over him already – and I’m not mad at you. And actually? I would want to witness your wedding.”

 

“Thank you, Yeojin. You are really a great person.”

 

“Because I am a great person, can you do a favour for me?”

 

“Sure. Anything. What do you want?”

 

“Can you call all the guys and gather them together in Minho’s pasta house later? And don’t tell them I arrived.”

 

“I think it would really be great. I’ll do it.” Soeun winked and started calling all the guys for a meeting later. She said she has a surprise for all of them. Jonghyun even called her back asking about the surprise, insisting that he should know first since he’s the boyfriend. But Soeun refused saying she wanted everybody to know the surprise all at the same time.

 

“What happened in the Philippines?” Soeun asked Yeojin as both of them were sitting down waiting for the clock to strike 6 so they could leave together with Yoogeun to go to the restaurant.

 

“Uhmm, I had lots of work. I modelled and became a writer for some good tourist spots in the country. And you know what? I also became a lead actress for a music video. I was partnered with a very famous actor in their country.”

 

“Wow! That’s good! You seriously had lots of fun on your stay there. That’s why you look so lively and bright. Did you meet anybody?”

 

“Well, I met a friend. But she’s a girl.” Yeojin laughed. “I stayed on an apartment and lived with a roommate and we really did become close. I asked her to come visit me one day here so I could tour her around.”

 

Yeojin talked about a lot of things and places she went in the country and Soeun was really entertained to know all of them all. Like Yeojin’s mother, she noticed the sudden positive changes that happened to her, but she decided on not pointing them out, afraid that it will ruin her bright mood.

 

If Yeojin came back in South Korea as a better her, then Soeun was more than happy to look forward to being close with her again.

 

“Oh. Did you know Minho also went to the Philippines? Actually, he arrived just 3 days ago. Didn’t you see each other?”

 

“Uhmm… I don’t know.” Yeojin knew their surprise would be ruined if she told Soeun that they saw each other in the Philippines. “It’s a pity. We could have gone back together.”

 

“You know what? There’s this girl… maybe I should tell you about this because she’s pretty entertaining – but weird.”

 

“Who’s girl?”

 

“She’s Minho’s childhood sweetheart? I don’t know. I’ve never heard about her from Minho but she suddenly appeared few weeks ago. She’s close to aunt and surprisingly, they talk about marriage.” Soeun chuckled and covered for a while. “Oh my Gosh, this is gossip. Don’t tell Minho you knew this from me… but there is really something weird about this girl.”

 

Yeojin couldn’t focus anymore because she was suddenly bothered by the idea that the girl is talking to Minho’s mother about marriage. “What’s weird about her?”

 

“Maybe this is just me… but this has been bothering me for quite a while. I’m worried about Minho. What if he starts liking her back? Don’t get me wrong, well, I may be wrong, but she’s really weird. She seems fake.”

 

“Fake?”

 

“I mean… this is wrong but I can’t discuss this with anyone since the guys won’t understand. She acts sweet and gentle and caring in front of Minho and aunt and the guys but … there was this time when I caught her looking sharply at me, and he also rolled her eyes on Yoogeun. I’m not sure. I might be thinking about her wrongly but I just can’t stay still.”

 

“What about Minho?”

 

“He’s definitely surprised about her sudden appearance, not to mention she was the one who picked him up at the airport. I don’t know. You know Minho would be too kind to turn her down. What if he ends up giving into marrying her knowing his mother likes Sunghee for him?”

 

“Sunghee?”

 

“Cha Sunghee. It’s her name.”

 

“I wonder why Minho didn’t tell me about this.” She whispered, but Soeun sort of heard it so she looked at her.

 

“You’re saying something?”

 

“Nothing. Lucky Minho got a good catch.” She smiled – but deep inside, she’s burning. 


A/N: Now, Minho's have been caught. What will happen? Updates are largely coming guys, ready your comments!!!!!