Leaving my Pasta House

Perfect Two

“Yaaaahh~ Choi Minho!!” Jinki, Kibum, Taemin, and Jonghyun arrived at the venue together with Soeun and Yoogeun. They were really happy and cheerful – celebrating the opening of the Pasta House Minho established as their first business in the family.

 

He was the one who suggested to own a Pasta House and his family supported him all out, and in less than 2 months, they were able to buy a space inside a huge and luxurious mall in Seoul and with the help of an architect and an interior designer Kibum knew, they were able to quickly transformed the space into a Mediterranean Pasta House which includes Pasta dishes from the Western Countries.

 

It was something Choi Minho enjoyed eating whenever they go for a match in Western Countries like Italy, Spain, and others. He had envisioned bringing these foods in Korea and now, his dream finally came into reality.

 

“Wow... Look at this! This is so classy!” Kibum exclaimed as he observed the whole place. The walls were painted wood brown and the rectangular tables were in the same color. The chairs and the counter were in copper red color and the whole restaurant was lighted in a transluscent yellow bulbs. It was the place food lovers and enthusiasts like Minho would surely enjoy going to. “The people I asked to help you really did a great job.” He nodded satisfyingly.

 

“Full house...” Jinki looked rather at the customers who almost occupied all the tables inside the restaurant. Some of them were Minho's friends while others are Minho's friends' friends. Jinki also managed to bring some of his fans in as customers. He informed his fanclub about Minho's newly opened Pasta House and asked them to come because he will be coming, too. Taemin and his students in the dancing school were also present, and so as Jonghyun with his friends from the songwriting industry.

 

Through multiple networking, Minho managed to get the Pasta House into a full house that day. He was very happy and hoped it would be like that everyday. He looked at the counter and saw how busy his staff were, they were running here and there just to get orders in time and while making sure it was the best that they could offer. Minho told them that they should mark as the best on the customers' first impression. That way, they won't hesitate to come again and eat more.

 

It was a restaurant opening but sportscaster were also present to cover the event. Minho was known as one of the aces on Korea's national soccer team so this event was surely a great thing for all soccer enthusiasts. He also invited some of them for publicity, therefore, a lot will also get to see his new restaurant and would be informed about it.

 

It was star studded especially since the famous solo singer Lee Onew was there, together with the famous fashion designer in the industry, Kim Kibum.

 

In the middle of the first day, Minho received a phonecall. It was from his handler.

 

“Deh, hyung? I thought you're coming over. The opening was held few hours ago!” He said as soon as he picked up the phone.


“Minho-yah. You need to go here at the quarters right now.” He said without even taking it slow. “There are foreign people here who want to talk to you and we can't postpone this on the other day.”

 

“But...” He was about to reason out that he was in the middle of the celebration but stopped when his handler insisted again that he must go. In the end, he gave in and told them he was coming.

 

“What was that about? Don't tell me you're going to leave?” Kibum immediately asked the moment he ended the conversation. “You can't go, Minho. Who would take care of all these people?”

 

“Soeun-ah..” Minho called out and looked at Soeun. “Can you handle all the guests that are coming? You deal with people all the time, this sure is nothing for you...” He said and looked at Jinki this time, “Jinki-hyung, if reporters asked, can you talk to them for me?”

 

“Wait, but...”

 

“Please?” He looked at the both of them and eventually, the two gave in and said they'll do their best to cover him up, though he promised that he will be back immediately after the meeting with the bosses and whoever those foreigners were.

 

He left the restaurant and arrived at the quarters thirty minutes later. Entering his head coach's office, what welcomed him were his handler and two other foreigners that were sitting with them.

 

“You arrived. Have a seat, Minho-ah.” The head coach said and motioned the seat next to his handler. He bowed as a greeting to them and followed as told.

 

“Gentlemen, please meet Choi Minho, one of our players in the National team.” He introduced and Minho stood again to greet them in English.

 

“Hello sir, I am Choi Minho. It's nice meeting you.” He said.

 

“This is Mr. Daniel Smith, and this is Mr. Hans Crawford from the World Soccer Federation. They're here requesting for you to coach an all boy's school who specifically trains students for intensive soccer playing.”

 

“Me?” He dumbfoundedly pointed at himself and looked at them in awe. “But why...”

 

“You're younger compared to other players, so you'll be able to match well with the children. Also, they have seen you play in the field and they are amused by your performance. Plus, you speak English, something that si putting you in advantage with the rest of the players.”

 

“...By accepting this opportunity, you have a big chance to be the coach of these kids for the next junior world cup in the next 2 years, but don't worry. You'll be sent there and would train the kids for 4 months straight, then after that, you'll go back here to start your own training.”

 

“But... I just opened my Pasta House. I should be the one manag-”

 

“Come on, Minho, this is a good catch.” His handler immediately insisted and held him. “This is a huge milestone for your career as a soccer player.”

 

“We are expecting you to say yes, Mr. Choi.” One foreigner by the name Daniel Smith said and smiled at him. “We didn't go here just to receive a rejection.”

 

He smiled uncertainly, being emotionally wavered by the foreigner. “Can I think about it first?”

 

“They are leaving tonight. If you say yes, they'll arrange everything before they go and you will fly to the Philippines after 3 days.”

 

In the end, after the conversation and agreement between Minho's management and the foreigners, it was decided that Minho will coach the children's soccer team in the Philippines for four months and will be back to prepare for the world cup.

 

*** ***

 

He arrived back at the venue around evening with only few people left in the restaurant. He saw the four guys with Soeun and Yoogeun sitting on the large table, eating late dinner together. It was already past 10 pm.

 

“Oh, Minho-yah... I thought you won't take so long?” Kibum said in a scolding manner when he went back and occupied an empty seat beside him. “There were a lot of guests who arrived after you came. It was hard to estimate all of them.”

 

“I am going to the Philippines.” He announced and looked at each of them. “In three days.”

 

“What?!” All of them said in chorus. “You opened this restaurant and then you'll leave in three days? What?! Are you serious?!” Jinki added in disbelief. “Who will take care of this?”

 

“Maybe hyung...” He said pertaining to his older brother, “Or someone from you could take care of this once in a while. I will be gone for three months only.”

 

“To where again?” Jonghyun asked as he thought he heard a familiar place.

 

“Philippines.”

 

He then looked at Soeun and both of them stared at each other before he talked again. “That's where Yeojin went.”

 

“Oh? Philippines?”

 

He remembered Yeojin not telling him anything about where she was going and what she was planning to do there. It was only now that he got to learn where Jonghyun's ex wife went.

 

“Wow. You'll probably bump into her. Say hi for us.” Taemin remarked which gained a judging look from Taemin.

 

“Philippines is a country, Taeminnie... Please.” He said and rolled his eyes from him.


A/N: I didn't expect much subbies from the foreword alone but wow, thanks to my first 32 followers. :) Don't forget to leave some comments, okay? ~^^