Saying I Like You Means...

Perfect Two

 “Are you sure you don't want to stay any longer?” Minho asked Jonghyun as he drove him back to the airport at that same day.

 

He shook his head, “I need to be home immediately. Yoogeun and Soeun are waiting and they don't have anyone with them at home.” He explained. “You're going back in two weeks, right? Enjoy the rest of your stay here. This country looks so cool and nice.”

 

“It is.” Minho answered with a smile. “The people are warm, and there are lots of good places to visit. It was just a pity I couldn't go around all the time to explore.”

 

“Could she be in love?” Out of nowhere, Jonghyun opened up. Minho was surprised and speechless, and stayed focused in driving though half of his mind was thinking what to answer. “Aren't you curious about how the conversation went? I mean.. if she accepted it well or if she was still holding any grievances?” Minho didn't talk to which Jonghyun frowned. “Perhaps, you both were close enough for her to even disclose her feelings before. You aren't interested. It seemed that you know pretty well.”

 

“Tell me.” Minho said simply. “Tell me how she reacted. Excuse me, Kim Jonghyun but I have always been there starting from the time when she was still in Korea trying her very best to believe that you would still choose her. Knowing Yeojin all these time, I practically just knew how she would feel about it. Now I'm more curious as to how she reacted.”

 

“She accepted it lightly and didn't even cry.” Jonghyun informed which made Minho confused.

 

He thought Yeojin would be so emotional about the confirmation of the divorce. Knowing her, though he thought her feelings has changed, still he believed that she would feel emotional about it – so the news of Yeojin not crying over the news really made him surprise.

 

“I'm thinking she's probably in love – oh wait, do you know anything about her and that guy from the music video she starred in? We were able to watch it back home. Soeun found that music video and made us watch it. She's pretty, and had good chemistry with the guy. Maybe they have something special going on between them. Do you know if they're seeing each other?”

 

“Why do you ask so many questions, hyung?” Minho started to get irritated as Jonghyun opened up and talked about that music video.

 

He was reminded by it again. Their holding hands, the way the guy whispered close to her ears and the way she laughed while looking at him. Everything in the music video just pissed him off – and he would have never wanted to talk about it again.

 

“Her eyes are glowing. I'm sure someone's making her happy. It could really be that she's in love. Wait... did she tell you not to tell anything to me? Wait. She's dating now, right?”

 

“I don't know. It's not like we converse all the time. We just happened to be close friends – but we aren't best friends.” Minho said without looking at him. “You should have just asked her while the both of you were talking. She could've told you about it.”

 

“How about you?” Jonghyun couldn't stop asking and now the topic went to Minho. “Are you seeing someone?”

 

“No.” Minho stiffly answered and stopped the car. “I will go home in 2 weeks so there's no need talking to me a lot about this. You can get off the car now because we are in the airport already.”

 

“Oh.” Jonghyun looked outside the window and only realized that they arrived. “Thanks, but aren't you going to walk me inside?”

 

Minho just shook his head. “I need to go home. It's getting late.”

 

“Aish. So cold.” Jonghyun shook his head before getting out of the car. He closed it and waved to him before finally going inside the airport. Minho shook his head but smiled before leaving.

 

As he was driving, he thought of calling Yeojin to ask if she's okay, but as he was about to take his earpiece and dial her number, he decided no to do it anymore thinking it would be better to give Yeojin some time to think about what she felt and how it will affect her.

 

He sighed and could only wish her well.

 

As he walked towards his house, he was suddenly surprise to actually see the person he had been thinking of for the past hour. “Y-yeojin?”

 

She turned around and faced him brightly with a smile. “Why are you so late?” He was speechless for a moment but was able to walk towards the door to open it but as he was about to reach for the doorknob, Yeojin held his hand to stop him. “Can you go with me?”

 

“Where? At this time?” He frowned but Yeojin nodded. “Where?”

 

“There's somewhere I want to take you.” She spoke softly and smiled. He nodded and left his bag at the doorway.

 

There was silence as they walked towards a park just few blocks away from Minho's house. “I found this while walking a while ago.” Yeojin said and took a seat on one of the benches that were placed under a tree. She asked him to sit beside her and he followed – still confused as to why she was acting that way.

 

“Why are we here? Don't you need to go home and rest?” Minho asked after few seconds of silence.

 

“He asked for your help to talk to me?” She looked at him. “Did you know why he wanted to talk to me?” Minho nodded – uncertain if he will smile or not. Then Yeojin looked away and sighed. “I thought it would be painful when time comes that I have to accept the ending... I imagined myself crying – pondering over the love that was lost. But you know what? It was different a while ago.”

 

“It was different?”

 

“I was supposed to feel the pain of having to finally let go ~ but instead, I felt the happiness of finally being freed.” As she said those words and Minho was staring, he witnessed how tears fell from her eyes gently, as if they were pains and hardships that she was able to bear all this time. He wanted to console her but he realized, that those tears only mean happiness and comfort for her.

 

“I am actually afraid...” Yeojin looked Minho in the eyes as she said those words. “Afraid to love and feel the same pain again. I'm afraid to go through the same suffering and experience, but above all.. I'm afraid to let go of love again. I've decided, that once I fall in love, then I won't allow that love to leave me again. Enough with being kind and considerate. I won't let anyone steal what I must own.”

 

As he stared into her, the eyes that were full of gloom a while ago were now filled with determination and assurance.

 

“Thanks for doing this for me. Thank you for allowing Jonghyun find me and talk to me.”

 

“It's something I know must happen. I'm glad I was able to help you.” Minho nodded with a gentle smile on his face. “I heard from him that you didn't even cry.”

 

“I was saving it.” She chuckled, with her tears still freely escaping her eyes. “I was saving it coz it felt like I should only show these tears to the one who deserves it. Do you know why I'm crying?”

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I like you.. and the divorce confirmation finally gave me the courage to do so. Minho-yah... do you still like me? Is your heart still the same? Or am I too late to tell you I feel the same way?”

 

Minho was speechless. He was hoping for this day to come in reality – but now that he is in that exact situation, he didn't know how to react. It was a mixture of confusion and happiness. “Yeojin-ah...”

 

“I am coming back with you in South Korea, though I still have a lot of things to settle here so maybe you'll need to go back first, but I'll be there.”

 

Hearing that, Minho's face started to brighten up and he smiled widely, taking Yeojin closer for a tight hug as he was overwhelmed with everything that she said.

 

As Yeojin felt herself being enclosed in his arms, she closed her eyes gently and made herself comfortable. Minho then gently kissed her hair with all adoration and fondness.

 

“Is this a 'yes'? Are you implying that we are now officially together?” She shook her head playfully and chuckled, gaining a frown from Minho. Yeojin gently let go and reached for his cheeks enclosing it with her hands. “What?”

 

“Did you hear what I said? I won't let my love leave me again. So by saying I like you, it means I am not allowing you leave me in whatever ways possible.”

 

“You're saying you'll start being possessive from now on?” Minho raised an eyebrow to which she nodded. “Aren't you already possessive of me even before?”

 

“Well, I'll be more than that.” She winked at him and both of them chuckled.