I do

Perfect Two

“What are we doing here?” Yeojin threw a confused look over Minho as he keenly went through the jewellery displays on the shop.

 

“Do you have something you think is beautiful enough?” Minho asked without looking at her. She stayed confused and didn’t answer so Minho did the picking instead. “Miss, can you take this out for a while? We want to see.” He said with a smile and the lady nodded and immediately followed.

 

“These are gold plated titanium band rings with a small zircon stone in the middle. This is actually on a new arrival list.” The lady said as she showed them the rings closer.

 

“But these are wedding rings, Minho-yah. We aren’t getting ma….” She paused when Minho looked at her slowly with a smile. For some good seconds, she stared at him, trying to know if what she was thinking was really that of what Minho was thinking. “Wait… we are not…”

 

“We are.” Minho said and took one of the rings to check it out. He took one of her hands and gently slid the ring on it. “It fits. It looks beautiful.”

 

“Minho-yah…”

 

“Do you think this is beautiful? Or do you want something else?”

 

“Well, this is the most beautiful of all but…”

 

“Okay, then… we’re taking it.” He decided quickly and handed the ring back to the lady.

 

“Sure, sir, I’ll just pack this up. Please take a seat for a while as we prepare.”

 

“Thank You.” Minho smiled and held Yeojin’s hand tightly as both of them take a seat.

 

“Minho yah… why are we suddenly…”

 

“We are still going to prepare for the wedding, but right now, let’s just register ourselves as an official married couple of the country.” He smiled to Yeojin sweetly and even tucked the hair which kept on sticking to her face. “I just want to make sure you’re not worried about anything anymore… and the same goes to me.” He said.

 

“Aigoo. Did I pressure about saying I’m not confident with having Sunghee around?” Minho only smiled so Yeojin suddenly felt sorry and apologetic towards her boyfriend. She held his hand tightly with her both hands. “I’m sorry, Minho, I didn’t mean to pressure you. I was just worried but that doesn’t mean I…”

 

“Shh… don’t you want to get married with me?”

 

“I do but…”

 

“But this isn’t the right time? Then when? When are we getting married? Are you still doubting me?” Minho sighed and took their hands together on his lap. “Look, Yeojin… Though I believe you trust me enough, I know for sure that you also has a lot of worries, and the first step to assure you about me being loyal to you is through marriage. Actually, getting married to you is just the start. I have a long long way to go through before I could finally prove to you that I will never hurt you. I hate it when you feel like someone’s going to steal me from you. There’s no one. Nothing would change anyway. We are just going to register our marriage, then little by little, let’s prepare something more special… with our families and friends.”

 

Yeojin stared at Minho’s face, reading very well how sincere her boyfriend was on everything he was saying. Her tears fell as she felt overflowing joy from her heart. For how many times would she have to realize that this man in front of her loves her so much?

 

“Yah, Ahn Yeojin, you’re crying again…” Minho sighed with a smile and pulled her for a hug.

 

“It’s because you always made me the happiest girl in the world. It always feels like I’m the luckiest, that’s why I would never want to let go of this blessing.” She said – almost sobbing.

 

“You deserve to be the happiest, and I’m the luckiest, too…” He pushed her a bit to wipe her tears away. They smiled to each other, and knew, that they were ready, to have their hearts as one officially.

 

*** *** ***

 

“Congratulations, Mr and Mrs Choi.” The sound of being called Mrs. Choi sent Yeojin some chills. Though it was wrong to compare, but it really felt like she just got married for the first time. There was never a hint of the past, and she wanted to ask Minho how he did that. How did he really made her forget about everything in the past? Whether it was a happy memory or a sad memory with Jonghyun, Yeojin couldn’t feel anything. It felt like she was reborn, and being reborn means a chance to be with Minho this time.

 

Since their arrival at the office was a bit unexpected and they had to present some papers, it took them a bit long since they asked the human resource desk to check for their citizen files that were probably just compiled there. Fortunately, they were able to have another copy of their birth certificates and other important papers.

 

They went out of the office together while holding hands. Happiness couldn’t be hidden on each of their expressions. Minho stared down at Yeojin. She looked up. “What?”

 

“You’re happy.” Minho told her. “Did that really make you happy? Being called Mrs. Choi?”

 

“Yah~ Stop teasing me.” She said and pouted and looked away while blushing.

 

Minho pulled their hands which made Yeojin’s arm bumped into him. “Aigoo~ Look at my wife blushing…” He teased and poked her cheeks.

 

“Yaaah~ Stop it~”

 

“Tell me you like it…” Minho teased nonstop. “Tell me you like being married to me… tell me or I won’t stop… I could even tickle you here.”

 

“Yah! Yah! Fine!” She whined and looked at Minho with her cheeks burning – like she really never had an experience when it comes to marrying. “I love being married to you. I like it. Happy now?”

 

“Very.” He grinned and wrapped an arm around her shoulder. “So? Should we eat somewhere?” He asked as he opened the door now to help her inside the car. He quickly ran to the other side to take his seat and finally leave the office.

 

“Minho-yah… are you sure about this?” Still, there was a doubt on Yeojin’s part as it never really left her.

 

“About what this time? About marrying you? Does it look like I’m doubtful?”

 

“No. I mean… I should have reminded you a while ago that there’s really a huge chance for me not to bear a baby, and worse, I stopped taking medicines few months ago. What if…”

 

Minho let out a loud sigh and looked at Yeojin. “I don’t think I married you because I want a baby.” Yeojin pouted so Minho took her hand again and pressed it. “And besides, I don’t believe it. I’ll bet my life we’ll have a baby soon. Trust me. I’ll do a great job in making one.”

 

“Yah!” Yeojin was embarrassed about that topic with him suddenly. “Did you marry me just so you can that freely?!”

 

“Can’t I? I can, right? We already can do it because we’re married. There’s nothing wrong with that now that everything’s legal.” Again, he sighed and smiled as he caressed Yeojin’s cheek. “Are you feeling better now, Mrs. Choi?”

 

That name made her smile sheepishly again and she blushed. “Just start driving. I’m getting hungry.” She told him to avoid anymore embarrassment.