It's All Over the Place

Perfect Two

Shane was getting conscious about Yeojin's constant glances on her phone. She tried ignoring it at first but she was starting to get really annoyed and uncomfortable about her needless actions. “Jeannie Ahn.” She called her by her english name. Yeojin looked up from her phone and turned to her.

 

“What?”

 

“It's annoying. Why do you keep on looking at your phone?” She said with a pissed off expression. They were at the table that time having lunch together. “It's distracting. Are you waiting for someone's message? Any update? Can't it wait?”

 

“No. It's nothing. I'm sorry.” Finally, she set her phone aside and continued eating. Shane shook her head and tried focusing on her own food, but she could still notice Yeojin having glances on her phone.

 

The truth was, Yeojin was wondering and a bit worried about Minho. She haven't received any message from him since last night after the shooting for the music video. Ever since she left Minho's house, they have never failed to communicate with each other from time to time, always updating what's up with each other. The last text Minho sent was a message saying he just finished practice and was about to go home.

 

She haven't told him about the music video. Yeojin wanted Minho to see it first and be surprised, and that's when she would probably tell him that she got that job as a sideline.

 

It's already after lunch but still, no message from Minho. She had sent him a good morning message and asked him if he's about to go to school, but Minho didn't give any respond from those.

 

“Isn't this what omma wants, Minjin-ah?” Yeojin took him on her lap and looked at his face. “Didn't we leave Choi Minho's house because I don't want to develop any feelings from him? Then this is better, right? What's the use of going away if we still keep on communicating with each other?” She said as if the puppy could answer back. “I should not wait for his message, right? It's not like he has the responsibility to tell me all the things that are happening to him. Right? Right? Right?” She wiggled his feet and sighed. “But this is seriously killing me.” Continuing her monologue, she looked away and turned her gaze towards the window where a clear blue sky can be seen outside. “I mean, can't a simple text harm and disturb his entire day?”

 

“I would have accepted it if you talk to yourself in English.” Shane then came out of the bathroom while buckling her belt on. “The thing here is you're talking in your language, and I can't understand a word that's why whether or not you talk to yourself out loud, I still wouldn't understand.” She sighed and shook her head. “Anyways. I'm going on a friend's birthday celebration tonight. Do you want to come?”

 

“What kind of friend this time?” Yeojin raised an eyebrow towards her friend. “Is your friend now an owner of a company? Or maybe a politician?”

 

“Duh.” Shane rolled her eyes. “He's a friend, I mean real friend. We went to the same college so we know each other, okay?” She shook her head and took her bag. “I'll just drop by on my work to pass this report and then maybe I'll pick you up by 5:30.”

 

Few minutes after Shane went out, there was suddenly a message alert from her phone. She looked at it immediately.

 

This isn't the text you're waiting for. HAHAHAHAHA. See you.”

 

“This girl.” She shook her head but smiled anyway, and suddenly regretted acting abruptly just because she thought the message was from someone she was expecting.

 

*** *** ***

 

“Coach. 6 pm, okay?” One faculty member who happened to be his friend went to his locker room just to invite him on his birthday. “I'm expecting you there with the rest of them.” He said pertaining to the other teachers he was close with.

 

“Yeah. Sure.” Minho smiled and agreed right away. “You'll see me there. Happy Birthday anyways.”

 

“Thanks.” He said, nodded one last time and walked away to go back to his area.

 

Minho sighed and went back to fixing whatever was it in his locker room. They were on break in the practice and he decided to do something there. He was really not in the mood as he kept on thinking about what he saw last night.

 

He would not lie to himself about being overly jealous at how Yeojin was talking comfortably with someone he didn't even care about the identity. They were talking so closely and seriously, as if the guy was sharing something important to her and she was eager to know about it. “Wow. So much for their close friendship, huh?” He talked to himself as he folded some clothes that were inside his locker. “So maybe that was why she really wanted to leave the house? I'm sorry? She said she doesn't want to fall for me but would willingly mingle with other guys? How funny...” He shook his head and chuckled bitterly. He didn't want to remember it anymore. That was why he was not texting her since last night. He was just a bit disappointed and pissed off – plus the fact that she didn't tell him she was recording something for a music video. She didn't even inform him it was that work she was talking about.

 

He tried keeping himself busy so attending a friend's birthday party would be a help of keeping him diverted. Minho knew if he go straight home then he'll start thinking about it again and would end up pissed off and annoyed.

 

Before 6 pm, he went to the meeting place and gathered with some other faculty members. They were more than 10 and he thought it was fun going out with them once in a while. But suddenly, he thought of his friends back in Korea and mentally noted that he will call his Jinki hyung via skype once he gets home.

 

Meanwhile, Yeojin arrived at the same place as Minho. “Shane, are you sure it's okay for me to go with you? I don't even know the celebrant.” She said shyly.

 

“I told him I'll bring a friend with me. He knew you since I've been telling them I have a Korean dorm mate.” She smiled and assure her, “Don't worry. He's nice and for sure he'll be friendly once he meets you.”

 

They walked passed a lot of people and finally met the host of the party. “Andy!”

 

“Yeah, Shane! What's up?” They guy Shane called by the name Andy smiled and greeted her by a highfive. “It's good that you came!”

 

“I had to because you were blackmailing me on facebook.” They shared personal joked and Yeojin just smiled to make it less awkward that she was standing there between them. “Oh yeah.. this is my friend. Jeannie Ahn. She's the Korean model I was talking about.”

 

“Oh.” Andy needed to have a second look before talking. “Are you also Ms. Yeojin? The soccer team's crush?”

 

“Excuse me?” Yeojin frowned.

 

“Oh yeah.” Andy nodded after realizing something. “I am a teacher from St. Anthony Academy. The same school as Coach Minho. I was there during the game because I had a long break from my class. I saw you sitting on the bench and I heard the kids from the team all like you. They actually had a crush on you, even the faculty members thought you were really beautiful.” He laughed while talking. “But we couldn't go around you to introduce ourselves, since you are Coach Choi's girlfriend so we couldn't really budge in.”

 

“Excuse me?” Yeojin raised an eyebrow.

 

“One player heard us talking about you after the game and he told us we should stop since Minho has already cleared that you are mine. The boy said Minho told him that when he went to take photos with you.” Andy laughed again when he suddenly noticed a lot more people coming in. “Oh! Did Coach know you were coming? Aaahh.. that was why he agreed to go here right away! Because you'll be here! Oh! Here they are!” He said and his wide smile appeared.

 

After all those things the teacher said, Yeojin started to panic. As she looked at the doorway, Minho immediately took her attention.

 

Oh, why does he have to be here, too?

 

Minho saw her so he looked back. They were like having a staring game while they were meters away from each other until something else took her attention. One of the girls who are with them has her arm wrapped around Minho's arm. Her body was leaning super close to Minho that it looked like they were on a date.

 

Unconsciously, Yeojin's eyebrows were starting to meet as she saw that flirty laugh coming from the girl's mouth. What's even more irritating when she rested her head on Minho's side, and he didn't even flinch or show an indication of protest.

 

Wow... so this is why you were not texting me? Great. Just great.


A/N: Just had to post this though I'm so sleepy. I don't know I just want to write ~~ Now where's my comment? /pouts/