Surprise!!

Perfect Two

Yeojin went back at the apartment that afternoon with a happy expression. “Hi, Shane! I’m back!” She greeted and even kissed her friend on the cheek. Shane frowned. She was too happy to be normal. Something probably came up.

 

“So let me guess… you’re leaving earlier than expected.”

 

“As soon as I receive the clearance to take Minjin with me then I’m going home.” She smiled widely and took Minjin in her arms. “Baby, I’m taking you with me back home. Aren’t you excited?” Then she turned to Shane. “They said I can get the clearance tonight, so I can book a plane ticket and fly tomorrow afternoon.”

 

“Wow. That’s a bit fast. I thought you would have to settle everything for a week. It’s only been two days.” Shane was amazed and surprised.

 

“I promised Minho I would go quickly so I fixed it as soon as I can. I’m going to surprise him – well, I am literally surprising everybody!”

 

“You look so happy. I have never seen you this happy the entire time that we’re together. So, though it’s making me sad to know you’re leaving me already, I can’t help but be happy for you. I hope things get better once you go home.”

 

“Aww… why are you suddenly sweet?” She pouted and took Minjin down on its bed to hug her friend this time.

 

“Hey, stop! You’re too clingy!”

 

“I’m gonna miss you, too…” Yeojin hugged her tightly though Shane was struggling to get off her. “Don’t be so hard to get. I know you would miss me.”  She said and Shane sighed and finally gave in and hugged her.

 

“Hey. Just don’t let your heart be broken again, alright? If that Greek God looking guy hurts you, just call me and I’ll fly there to strangle him to death.”

 

“No need. I can do that.” She laughed at her own sentence. “But please visit me there once in a while. I would tour you around.”

 

“Once I get an opportunity. I would tell you right away.” Shane and Yeojin both agreed on doing that.

 

True enough, Yeojin was able to accept the approval for Minjin to get travelled in South Korea. She then called for reservation and book a flight to Korea in the afternoon. She started packing her clothes and all the things she needed to bring with her.

 

*** *** ***

 

Yeojin opened her eyes at the announcement made by the pilot, “We are landing safely in Incheon, South Korea. Thank you and have a great day.”

 

She yawned and looked outside the window. It was really South Korea. She could already see the low clouds and could almost feel the chill weather from her seat. “Finally. Welcome home.” It’s been six months. The stay in the Philippines was memorable, but it really felt good to finally get home.

 

It was quick and organized. 30 minutes after the plane’s landing, Yeojin was able to leave the arrival area and was now heading towards the exit to call for a cab. She breathed for a while and took some of Korean wind. “Ah… this is home.” She smiled to herself once again.

 

Finally, a cab arrived and the driver quickly loaded her things in the compartment. She entered the cab and thought for a while, where will I go first?

 

Oh, right. She needed to be on that place first.

 

She instructed the driver ahjussi and he responded by saying he knew where the place was so she didn’t need to worry. It was just a 35 minute travel. She just took a nap and as soon as she woke up, they were almost at the place she told him to go.

 

“We arrived at your place, ma’am.” The driver said and she looked at the window glass to confirm. He was right. Yeojin took some bill and gave it to the driver, telling him to keep the change.

 

“Thank you very much. Please drive safely.” She said as soon as her luggage were all unloaded and the driver was about to go ahead.

 

She pulled all her things on while carrying Minjin and rang the doorbell – waiting for someone to open it for her. It didn’t take long because an old woman went out and walked towards the main gate.

 

“Omma!” Yeojin shouted in excitement. Her smile was wide and bright. The old woman was surprised and was speechless. As soon as she opened the gate, she looked at her.

 

“Oh, my daughter! You’re back!” She said and quickly went to hug her daughter tightly. “I miss you so much! You didn’t tell me you’re coming back!”

 

“It was a surprise.” She smiled and chuckled in her arms. “Ah, I missed you so much, omma. It’s really good to finally go home.”

 

“But I feel bad. You didn’t almost contact me during your stay there. I thought you forgot me.”

 

“Why would I?! I was just purposely trying to get you miss me.” She laughed loudly and her mom looked at her.

 

“Wow, my dear. Philippines has healed you a lot. I can’t wait to hear a lot of stories from you. Aigoo~ Who is this cute puppy?”

 

“His name is Minjin.” She happily introduced.

 

“Minjin? Why Minjin?”

 

“Uhmm… you’ll know in a bit. Maybe tonight. Aigoo, mom, can’t you let me in? I’m so tired and I have to rest.”

 

“Oh yes, I’m sorry my dear. I was just too excited to see you again. Come on!” She took one of her bags and they entered the house together.

 

“You seem weirdly happy. Something good came up?”  She said when both of them sat at the living area together.

 

“Hmm… let’s say it was because I was able to get home earlier.” She told her. “There are a lot of things I should tell you but first… you need to wait.” She smiled.

 

“I don’t know if this can ruin your mood, but I heard Jonghyun personally went to see you there to give the divorce approval to you.” Her mom said hesitant that Yeojin would suddenly down, but instead, she nodded as if it was nothing.

 

“Yes. I was able to meet him and I’m glad he brought it personally. We were able to talk and I think we’re better than before.”

 

“That’s good.” She nodded though she really found her daughter weirdly.

 

“Why?” She asked still smiling widely.

 

“I don’t know. You look more beautiful. You changed a lot. Yeojinnie, you surprised me for being this happy as you return. There must be a reason behind this, and I can’t wait to know.”

 

“Omma…” She called out. “You know I have fertility problem, right? And it’s a bit possible for me not to bear a child… but you know what? I once experienced being a mother in the Philippines. I was a mother to a very cute and beautiful Angel. Actually? She is one of the reasons why I think I was healed, and why I became so happy. Though fate had to take her away, still she brought so much change in my life.”

 

“It is always the best feeling ever… to be a mother.”

 

She smiled warmly. “I know, mom, and I hope I could still be a good mother to child I really could call my own…”

 

“One day, darling. I know that time would come. But you told me she’s only one of the reasons? Then what are the other reasons?”

 

“You’ll know later.” She winked at her mother and gave her a tease.