The Need to Let Go

Perfect Two

 “Are you done?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Yeojin stood up and started cleaning the table, taking Minho's plate and hers and bringing it to the sink. Minho wanted to talk more, but Yeojin's treatment over him was making him contain himself and refused talking at all.

 

He wanted to know when would it end: Yeojin's strike of not talking to him the same way as before, and the most thing that he's afraid of was the idea that the friendship and the good relationship they had would never come back anymore.

 

Of course, he couldn't blame her. Who would be okay if you were kissed by someone you were not even in a relationship with? And knowing Yeojin, she would never be that kind of girl. But then again, Yeojin's It's not a big deal echoed inside his head again. He remembered her saying that while she was standing at her doorway, after he apologized for what he had done.

 

Three days had passed, and Yeojin never came back to how she normally was. She kept on avoiding him, not even giving him any eye contact. For three days, he hadn't seen her smile, and he was crazy to ever see it again.

 

“Yeojin-ah..” Finally, Minho gained the courage to call her.

 

“What?” Yeojin answered without looking back at him. She was still busy cleaning the table.

 

“I want us to talk when I come back from the academy.” He said to which Yeojin didn't even respond. He was starting to be annoyed again. “Look. You told me everything was okay but you're acting strange. You are not talking to me. You always avoid me. What's wrong?”

 

Yeojin turned to look at him, with one eyebrow raising up. “What's wrong? I don't know.” She said simply and turned her back again to go to the kitchen. Minho couldn't do anything but follow.

 

“I said I was sorry, right? I apologized already. What do you want me to do for you to forget about it?” He said trying to get her attention back. Yeojin acted like she wasn't listening. “Yeojin-ah. We can't stay like this. If you're still mad at me then tell me why you're mad. Let's fix this.”

 

Yeojin looked at him and threw a look. She wasn't talking and had this serious expression on her face, then after few more seconds, she talked. “That's the problem. I don't know why I'm mad at you.”

 

Minho frowned. “You don't know why you're mad at me? Isn't that because I kissed you?” Minho asked which made Yeojin look away again.

 

“I don't know. Please, just go to school.” She said softly, without even hints of being angry. Again, it made Minho confused.

 

He couldn't do anything but go to the academy thinking about Yeojin. She told her she didn't know why she was mad at him. He could only think of one reason why she should get mad, and that was because he kissed her. What else could be the reason for her to be like that?

 

“Coach.” One student approached him during the break. “Are you okay?”

 

“Uh, of course. Why?” He asked awkwardly, uncomfortable that he was asked about being fine or not. The student shrugged his shoulders and smiled.

 

“Today is unusually a 'mistake allowed' day. We've been messing up in the field, but you're not scolding anyone of us since we started. You are probably thinking of something else.” He said.

 

“Oh, you were making mistakes?” Minho asked dumbfoundedly, uncertain if the student was telling the truth or he was just trying to catch him off guard.

 

The student chuckled. “See? Coach doesn't even notice.” He continued laughing. “It's okay coach. We'll treat this as a break from your strict training.” He said and before he could even said another thing, the student ran back to the field.

 

“Hey, kid, come back!” He shouted but the boy giggled.

 

“Coach Choi!” One staff from the academy came running towards him. “Someone's looking for you. The director asked to call you out.”

 

“Who?”

 

“I'm not sure, they just told us they want to see you and talk to you.”

 

They? He nodded, and called the team telling them he'll leave for a while. “Just continue practice and I'll return immediately.” He said and told them to go back to the field again.

 

As he reached the Director's office, there were 3 people aside from the director waiting for him. “You called for me?” He asked after giving his greetings.

 

“They are here to see you. They told me they need something from you.” She said. “These are Mr and Mrs Morales, and their friend Ate Miling.”

 

He looked at them but was not sure if he knew them, although he thought that Ate Miling was familiar to him. She must have seen them somewhere already. Mr. and Mrs. Morales looked like they were in their 50s, while Ate Miling was probably in her 30s.

 

“Is there something I can do for you?”

 

Sigurado akong siya nga yun. (I'm really sure it was him)” Ate Miling spoke in their language which he couldn't really understand. He frowned.

 

“He's our special Korean Coach from the National Soccer team of South Korea.” The director introduced him. “He is Coach Minho Choi.”

 

“We are here about...” Mr. Morales paused and looked at his wife. “About the child. She's our grand daughter, and we are here to get her back.”

 

Minho was speechless. He knew immediately that they were talking about Angel. He remembered now. Ate Miling was the one who gave Angel to Yeojin that day. He could clearly remember it, but he was still wondering how they were able to trace him.

 

In the end, they all sat to talk about that mother excusing Minho from his work. He knew right then that Mr. and Mrs. Morales were rich people and they were able to trace him through their connections and of course, with the help of Ate Miling who was able to have a glimpse of their faces.

 

“Our daughter passed away two weeks after Miling gave the child away.” Mrs. Morales started telling Minho the story. “She is just 16 and we didn't know she got pregnant. She asked if she could live in an apartment since she started college, and we said yes, but asked Ate Miling to look after her. She hid the truth to us, and didn't went home for almost 7 months because of that, thinking that we won't accept her after knowing the truth.” She wasn't able to continue further when she started choking and crying.

 

“Ate Miling took care of her, though she remained true to our daughter and didn't tell anything to us.” It was Mr. Morales this time who continued the story. Minho was listening very well. “A week after she gave birth, she returned home, without Ate Miling. We were worried because she seemed so depressed, and it was obvious she was going through something. She always locked herself inside her room and didn't eat that much. Ate Miling went back one day, and two weeks later, our daughter passed away. She couldn't handle the depression, and that's when we learned what happened. She asked Ate Miling to give the baby away to someone that could be trusted, but we knew she didn't want to do that. She loved the baby since the day she learned about her, but she was really afraid to disappoint us, so she had to give her away.”

 

“At an early age, my daughter went through so much, and we weren't even aware of that. We did everything to find the baby, and luckily, we found where you are working. I hope you could give us the assurance that you keep her, and didn't bring her anywhere else.”

 

Minho nodded, though he was not sure if he was doing it right. He immediately thought of Yeojin, who was now fond of Angel and loved her so much. He knew she would be really heartbroken once she learned that her real family will soon take her away.

 

“Thank you. Thank you so much. Oh dear Lord, Thank You very much.” The woman broke down and her husband hugged her. They were very happy. “Thank you so much for keeping her. She is the only precious one that can remind us of our daughter. Thank you so much of lighting our hopes.” Mrs. Morales thanked him so much, but his head was in the other place – with Yeojin, and with how she will feel once she knew about this.

 

“Can we get her now?” The man said.

 

“Uh, Can I just meet you tomorrow morning with the woman who took care of her? By the way, we named her Angel.”

 

“Angel... A name that suits her well.” Mrs. Morales said while wiping her tears.


A/N: Comments, ppali! I am starting to write the next chapter!