The Messenger of Moving On

Perfect Two

 “Coach Choi!” Someone ran into the locker room as Minho was busy fixing his things before going. It was already 6pm. He dismissed practiced 30 minutes ago. “You have someone in the reception area.” The informer said to which Minho curled his eyebrows.

 

“Who is?”

 

“He introduced himself as Kim Jonghyun.” He said straightly.

 

“Kim – Jonghyun?” He was surprised and it came to him unexpectedly. “Why is he here?” He asked, but realizing that the informer wouldn't of course know what the answer will be, he just nodded and smiled, “I got it. I'm going there to see him. Thanks.”

 

Minho immediately just packed everything inside his bag and took it in one go, leaving the locker room to get to the reception area to see if it was really Jonghyun coming over to see him. He was in South Korea, so it was really weird to hear him coming in the academy.

 

But it was true. As he was coming closer to the area, he saw Jonghyun sitting by the couch in the lobby. “Kim Jonghyun?” He frowned after reaching and standing in front of him. “What are you doing here? You didn't even call!”

 

“Choi Minho. Thank Goodness I got the right address.” He sighed and stood up, patting Minho's back like a buddy. Minho replied with a weird and confused expression, waiting for him to immediately say his purpose in arriving. “Fine. Fine. I am going to tell you quickly.” He said and gave Minho a brown envelope. “Open it.”

 

Though clueless and still dumbfounded, Minho slowly opened the envelope and took the paper out making sure it won't have any crumple on it. He silently started reading the papers and looked at Jonghyun again. “This is...”

 

“Yes.” Jonghyun nodded while smiling genuinely. “And I wanted to personally come over to give it.”


“Oh.” Minho was speechless at first and didn't know what to say. After few seconds, he was able to respond, “Then, why are you going here to see me? Aren't you supposed to find her instead?”

 

“I haven't communicated with her since the day she left, and I really don't know where to find her.” There was a long awkward silence with Jonghyun trying to his very best to slowly ask Minho that favor. “And... I think you could help me talk to her.”

 

“Oh.” Again, Minho went with a speechless expression as he didn't know how to respond at all.

 

“I mean, actually, during your birthday...I'm sure it was Yeojin who was with you. She was the girl who talked during our conversation on skype telling you that she brough a slice of strawberry cake and Hot Chocolate.”

 

“Oh.” During that moment, Minho thought Oh was the only word he could utter. He really couldn't say a thing.

 

“Well, I understand.” Jonghyun smiled. “I know auntie wanted you to court Yeojin, and I know it would be awkward to tell us that you're seeing each other as friends here. For sure your mom won't stop bugging you about dating her.” He chuckled. “Don't worry. I didn't tell them it was Yeojin, and if you think I'm having issues on you being friends with Yeojin, then please don't think that's way. It was actually good knowing you and Yeojin bond here. It's a country both of you are surely innocent of, and I'm glad you find company with each other's presence.”

 

“Oh, yeah.” He smiled awkwardly, and made a sigh of relief after knowing that Jonghyun really thought they were just friends.

 

Clearly, they are more than friends, yet, they're still less than lovers – and he has no idea when it will be on that phase.

 

Minho's going back in Korea in 2 weeks time, and he wasn't even sure yet if Yeojin will come back with him. He wasn't sure – though he's really praying for it.

 

“So, can you help me?” Jonghyun asked, to which Minho gave out a positive response.

 

*** ***

 

“Aigoo~” Yeojin placed Minjin back on his small makeshift bed beside hers. She had to do it since her phone was ringing and she needed to answer it right away after seeing that it was Minho on the other line. “De?” She said after quickly answering the phone.

 

“Can you meet me at 4pm?” Minho asked without further ado.

 

“4pm? Why?”

 

“I want to see you.” He said simply. She smiled for it was pretty normal for him to say such thing now. Ever since the day Minho admitted his feelings, he started boldly telling her whenever he misses her or he wants to see her, and now, she could only smile and chuckle to that.

 

Since she had the rest of the day available so she said yes and agreed to meet him in a close coffee shop on their apartment.

 

She arrived there 5 minutes before 4pm so she occupied an empty seat close to the window since Minho wasn't there yet. Sitting there comfortably as she looked outside, she didn't notice someone else coming closer to her.

 

“Ahn Yeojin.” He called softly to which she turned to see who it was.

 

Her jaw dropped in surprised as an unexpected person appeared in front of her. She blinked several times thinking she was just imagining someone – but that person was real. He really was – Kim Jonghyun.

 

“J-Jonghyun...” She called softly and there was not almost a sound. It rather came out like a whisper.

 

Jonghyun sat opposite her and smiled. He was really glad to see him again after almost 6 months. “I'm sorry I had to use Minho to see you. I really don't know where to find you.” He said and carefully slided the same brown envelope towards her direction. “I came to personally give this to you.”

 

“What's this?”

 

“Just open it.” Jonghyun said and nodded while wearing his warm smile. Yeojin followed, getting the envelope and opening it to see what's inside.

 

It was a divorce confirmation. The paper stated that their divorce has finally been approved by the court and they are no longer married.

 

“I thought I should give that to you personally, and I should talk to you as well before finally moving on.” Jonghyun uttered. Yeojin looked at her with teary eyes. She was really about to cry but she was trying herself to contain it. “I know I have said this before when you were just about to leave the country, but it felt like I have to say it again, so I went here...”

 

“...For being the cause of your hurt and breaking my promise of forever, I am really really sorry.” Jonghyun started. “It was harder for you than for anybody else, and I can understand your feelings – and if you decide to hate me forever.”

 

“You know I don't hate you.” Yeojin said – almost choking.

 

“And I am thankful for that.” Jonghyun answered. “Thank you for being so understanding all these times that I am having shortcomings – and for hurting you again, I am sorry. With this confirmation, I hope you can have a brand new start and still believe in love and forever. Forever does exists, Yeojin. I am not just the right person so I wasn't able to give it to you. But soon – someone will come along and he will make you realize that he really can stay with you forever. If he finally comes, then please don't let him go anymore. I wish you to be happy – and to find a love that will value you more than I did before, but more than everything, I just wish you to continue being as lovely as you are before. Stay beautiful, sweet, and gentle, and believe that you will find him soon.”

 

Yeojin nodded, still trying her very best to control her tears. It felt like the tears should come out later, when she's in a right place to cry on. “I'm glad you came here for this.” She answered and looked at him. There was still fondness, but it was only because of her memories of him. The endearing emotions aren't there anymore – and seeing him in person again – she finally knew that her feelings had finally changed. “And I won't disappoint you. I will really find a love that will make me fel a lot different from the past. I believe – that really, someone will make me really happy – and thank you for encouraging me. This will really help me a lot.”

 

“I am sure that person will take care of you really well – and will love you far more than what I made you feel before.”

 

“I know.” Yeojin smiled as she obviously had a certain person inside her head.