Start of the Daily Routine

Perfect Two

 Minho's alarm clock rang but he had no intention to wake up yet. He wanted to stay longer on the bed so he flipped to the other side and covered himself with a blanket. It was his first day in the academy, but Minho really had no energy to rise up, fix himself, and go there.

 

Yeojin, on the other hand, woke up so early just to prepare breakfast for Minho. She remembered him requesting to have a bit heavier breakfast so Yeojin made a chicken dish for him to eat rice for breakfast. She also prepared coffee for him. However, she wondered why Minho wasn't still up when it's already 15 minutes to 7 am. He still needed to eat, to take a bath, fix himself, and drive to the school.

 

Washing her hands and drying them, she went to knock on Minho's room. “Minho-yah... Minho-yah.. It's time to wake up. You must not be late on your first day!” She said from the door and waited for a response but there wasn't any. “Minho-yah~” She called again but nobody answered.

 

Finally, she twisted the door open and realized that it wasn't locked. She then thought that Minho really never locks the door. For whatever the reason is, she didn't know. “I'm entering, okay?” Though she knew Minho won't hear that, she still said it so she won's seem like an intruder.

 

She walked slowly inside looking at Minho who was covered with the blanket on the bed. “Choi Minho. When are you going to wake up? You'll be late if you stay on the bed for the next five more minutes. Come on, rise up.” She said gently but Minho only moaned in protest. “What?” She frowned after that reaction from Minho.

 

Thinking what she should do to make him wake up, she went to the window and opened them, tying up the curtains so the sunlight would freely enter the whole room, giving it so much brightness. She went back to Minho and pulled his blanket, making his vulnerable and sleepy eyes be exposed to the sunlight.

 

“YAH!!” Minho shouted but Yeojin continued to take the blanket from him. “Yah! What are you doing?! My eyes hurt!” He protested and was covering his eyes.

 

“You'll be late! Come on! Wake up!” Yeojin said enthusiastically.

 

“Arrassoo.. Arasssooo...” Minho said while still closing his eyes. “Ah. It's so bright. I think I'll go blind with this.”

 

“Just go out and eat. Your breakfast are all served in the table and all you have to do is eat them. I'll just prepare your things here so you'll just take a bath after.”

 

Minho was then frozen and looked at her in surprise, thinking if she was sure about preparing such stuff for him. “What? Come on! Don't be too lazy like that. Food's getting cold.” She pulled Minho up from the bed and pushed him a bit to the door.

 

Minho was walking but still looking at Yeojin who was now fixing his bed, folding his blanket and flattening his sheet, also taking the pillows and lining them up together. Yeojin then went to his closet and opened it. Just then, she noticed him still hasn't moved on his place so she hissed at him again. “What? Are you gonna stare at me until 8 am? Do you want me to go to the academy and coach them to replace you?”

 

He scratched his head and walked to the dining area, thinking if Yeojin will start to be like that since she was the one in charge of the house. “Will she be a boss for real?” He whispered to himself as he took a seat. He then saw the food that was served on him and immediately felt his stomach growling. What he was looking for on a breakfast were served there, and he wanted to thank Yeojin for making such delicious and healthy breakfast for him.

 

He was eating deliciously when he heard Angel's cry coming from their room. Minho was about to stand up and get her when Yeojin came out rushing from his room. “No, just eat. I'll get her.” She said and went to their room.

 

“Wow.” His eyes grew bigger in a cutely way, amazed at how quick she was in moving. As he went back to his room after eating, he immediately noticed how his room was in order again. His bed was neat and clean, his curtains were tied accordingly and his clothes were already hanged outside his closet. Yeojin chose a navy blue practice outfit and a white rubbershoes. He smiled to himself as he thought Yeojin was always great when it comes to dressing up.

 

To be honest, since he met Jonghyun 5 years later, he had been envying him for carrying out such stylish clothes which obviously suited him well. He knew it was Yeojin's work. She was the one picking up clothes for her ex husband before.

 

He went into the bathroom and learned that all his necessities were also lined up in there. He frowned, “Was she able to prepare all these in 10 minutes? How is that even possible?” He asked himself but then started to take a bath.

 

Yeojin took Angel in her arms and swayed while singing a lullaby. Minutes later, Angel was back to sleep and she was again back to work. She went out of the room and found that Minho has done eating. She then started to clean up the table and washed dishes, as quick and as precise as possible.

 

As she finished washing, Minho went out of the room with the clothes she chose for him. “Are you done?” She asked to which Minho nodded while still fixing the things he needed for school.

 

“Are you sure you can handle the house alone? Don't you want someone to accompany you?” He asked after a while as he looked at her. She shook her head.

 

“We're okay.” She insisted. “But I think I should go to the supermarket to buy some fruits and vegetables. You always want heavy meal so I guess we need to stock some of them on the fridge.”

 

“Oh. No problem.” Minho pulled out his card and gave it to her. “Use it.”

 

“Oh. Just few cash will do.”

 

“No. Just use it.” Minho pushed it closer to her for Yeojin to keep it. “If there are some other things you need to buy then there's nothing wrong with that. Just use it.” He smiled and eventually took his bag on his shoulder. “I'll go ahead. I'll be back before six so by then, just take care of yourself and Angel. Call me when you need anything.”

 

“Yes I will, sir.” She chuckled and waved a bit before Minho left.

 

*** *** ***

 

Thanks to Yeojin's help, Minho was able to reach the academy 15 minutes earlier. He parked the car and went straight to the office to report for his presence. The faculty welcomed him again and went with him to meet the kids for the first time.

 

It was fun when the kids quickly accepted Minho and few of them knew he was from Korea's National team.

 

“When I heard that Choi Minho from Korea's National Soccer team will be our coach, I immediately searched videos of you playing with your team. You are so great, coach! I want to learn from you!” One of the kids said and he felt his ego being fed so much.

 

After few more talk with each other, Minho started showing them how things will go under his training. The kids excitement were all flashed on their faces and they couldn't wait to continue practicing everyday. Minho found it so fun to be around children.

 

And just like what she told Yeojin, he'll be home before six. He arrived back at the house around 5:50 pm.

 

“I'm home.” Minho uttered after putting his shoes off. He then smelled an inviting aroma of beef stew. “Wow. That smells so delicious.” He stood up and went to the kitchen. Minho found Yeojin cooking a dish while Angel was on the crib near the dining table, close enough for her to see the child. “You took the crib out from your room?”

 

“Oh. Minho, you're here.” She smiled. “The crib was not that heavy so I was able to take it out from the room. I always need to look after her so I make sure she's near me and I will be able to get to her whenever she starts crying.” She uttered while stirring the pot. “How was your first day?”

 

“It was fun. I was able to meet the kids and they were all excited to play and learn more about soccer with me. I really think this will be a great training period.” He said as he took Angel out from the crib. “Aigoo ~ How are you, sweetheart?” He said and smiled.

 

Yeojin wiped her hands and took out the card Minho gave her that morning to use for groceries. “Here's your card. I was only able to spend less that 2000.”

 

But Minho only looked at it and refused to get it. “I already gave it to you. You don't have to give it back.”

 

“Huh?” She was puzzled and confused. “But.. this is your card.”

 

“Just use it for yourself.” Minho said while looking at her. “I know you also have a lot of things to buy for yourself, and you cannot go to me from time to time to ask for money. I know you won't do that. So just use it if you need to.”