Unexpectedly

Perfect Two

A/N: Miss me? Here's a bang for all of you. :)


Yeojin fixed herself and finally went out of her room to open the door for Minho. However, as she was about to run down the stairs, her father exactly came out of the room and saw her. “Yeojinnie? Has he arrived?”

 

Yeojin nodded, “I’ll just open the door for him, appa.”

 

“Let me welcome him.” He was trying hard to suppress a smile on his face but it was too obvious of him. Yeojin wasn’t sure, but she wanted to believe that her father really has a soft spot for Minho, maybe because he was really fond of watching soccer. “You go back to your room and check yourself once more in the mirror.” Yeojin pouted and he smiled to , but eventually, she followed, hoping the two could get to talk a bit and at least tell each other what they want. After all, technically, he has become his son already.

 

It was something Minho didn’t expect, though, as he was thinking it would be Yeojin opening up for him. He was frozen and speechless for a moment when the one who welcomed him was her father. “G-good e-evening, fa- Mr. Ahn.” He was about to mention father, but afraid that it would make the old man’s eyebrows rise up, he decided to call him in a more formal way.

 

“It was nice seeing you again, South Korea’s ace, Choi Minho.” He said with a gentle smile. “So how’s the soccer team? Or should I ask about your visit to the academy?”

 

Minho smiled, a bit relieved that he didn’t suddenly just bring up the relationship he has with Yeojin, or maybe he was the one who should bring it up?

 

“It was a good experience, Mr. Ahn. The kids were very good already and all I needed to do was give them even wiser strategies.” He answered him with a satisfying nod. “Though they were always a test of my patience, it was all worth it.” He added.

 

“I see. I’m glad you enjoyed your stay there. How about the team?”

 

“Few weeks from now, we’ll resume practice in preparation for the Asian cup.” He answered immediately – like the real soccer player he is.

 

“Hmm… I’ll look forward to that.” He chuckled and patted his shoulders lightly. “I’m keeping an eye on you.”

 

“I’ll do my best to contribute a lot.”

 

“No.”  Mr. Ahn uttered. “I’m keeping both eyes on you… for my daughter.” Here came his wife’s father, turning serious and protective as he originally was. “I know you’re aware of what happened to her past relationship, and to be honest, though Yeojin said not to feel bad towards Jonghyun, as a father who witnessed how his only daughter had suffered, it was really hard not to feel bad towards him, moreover, it was actually alarming that she fell in love once again, and this time, with one of his closest friends.”

 

“I know you’re concern about that but I am assuring you I won’t hurt her. I love her so much.”

 

“I heard that from Kim Jonghyun before.” He chuckled bitterly, and shook his head. “I don’t need to be assured, what I need is for you to prove me every single day that you’re serious about this, because if there’s going to be a single day when you failed proving your love, then I’m not sure what to do with you.”

 

He was speechless, but he understood very well. If Minho would be in his place and he had a daughter who was previously been hurt so bad, then he would be so scared to let his daughter fall in love again. He bowed down his head low, accepting every word the father was saying. It was good enough, though, that he was speaking calmly, though with authority.

 

“I trust my daughter, and I know she thought wisely before letting you into her life, so I’m letting her have you, but I’m always on her back, looking after her like how I used to do when she was just five.”

 

“I understand, and I will do everything not to fail you.”

 

“Do it.” The father said again, with such a serious and a bit intimidating.

 

Yeojin and her mother both went out of the house and saw the two talking seriously. She smiled and ran, clinging on her father’s arm. “Appa, are you threatening him?” She said with cuteness to which her father smiled gently.

 

“I’m not. I’m just telling him the things I could do.” He chuckled when he saw how her eyes grew wide in surprise.

 

“Appa! Don’t be mean!” She whined.

 

They used Minho’s car on their way to the Pasta House. He drove while Yeojin’s father was beside him. Yeojin and her mother were sitting at the back. The atmosphere was a bit awkward and funny, as the both of them kept on exchanging glances and smiling out of nowhere because they really couldn’t talk at that moment, and they knew, that things would get even funnier when they meet his parents and sibling.

 

It was past 6:30 pm when they arrived. The restaurant was filled with customers but they have already reserved a huge table on the right side of the restaurant. As they entered, the older couple seemed to be pleased with the ambience of the place. “You established this with the money you earned through soccer?” Yeojin’s mother interrogated as soon as they got in, making their way to the huge table where his family members are already waiting.

 

“I also sought the help of my older brother, so you can call this a joint effort.” He smiled proudly while the older couple nodded.

 

“It’s good that you’re putting your money to a more stable source income. You know soccer isn’t forever for you. Once you get older and slower then you can’t play anymore.” Mr. Ahn nodded, as if he scored a point of being a good husband, oh – maybe a  boyfriend from her parents’ eyes.

 

Minho’s family stood up after seeing them entered the restaurant. They smiled as they waited and anticipated the meeting. They all look warm, and as they met, there was this light atmosphere that actually indicated the dinner would be great and smooth.

 

“You just came from abroad?” Mr. Choi told Mr. Ahn as they shook hands. Mr. Ahn nodded with a smile. “Are you staying here for good?”

 

“I believe so, since I did everything to have my work assigned here.” He said and chuckled. “Since my daughter is back from the Philippines, I thought I need to go back, too, since it’s been to long already.”

 

“Minho just got back from the Philippines, too.”

 

“That’s where the two of them met, right?” Mr. Ahn looked both at Minho and Yeojin and she felt her cheeks burning. “These kids, they had to go to other country in order to realize there’s really a possibility of liking each other.”

 

They talked lightly during the dinner until Minho excused himself. “For a moment please. I need to get this call.” He said politely and stood up. Yeojin silently looked as he left and went out of the restaurant. Perhaps, it was a call from his coach.

 

They proceeded chatting over some stuff Yeojin wouldn’t understand since it was more of a talk for oldies. Since the brother was there sitting not so far from her so they just chatted as she told stories of how it was living in the Philippines.

 

Few more minutes had passed and it was weird that Minho hasn’t come back yet. She looked around and thought that he was still outside. “Excuse me. I’ll go find him.” She said and stood up leaving them again.

 

She went out but Minho wasn’t there. Yeojin decided to walk a bit further and as she reached the parking area, she was shocked of what she saw.

 

Cha Sunghee’s arms were roughly wrapped around Minho’s neck as she tiptoed to kiss him in the lips. Yeojin’s cheeks felt like burning in anger, as she took really quick step to keep that snake away from her husband.

 

“YOU FLIRT!!!!” With one quick push, she even dragged her palm towards her face and a loud slap was heard. Minho quickly got hold of Yeojin but she was even quicker to drop another slap on Sunghee’s face.

 

“Yeojin-ah, enough please.” Minho said in panic, afraid that the two would fight for real.

 

“Let go of me!” Yeojin aggressively pushed him and looked at him with eyes almost about to tear up. “You know what? I expected more from you.” With that simple yet sharp words she turned her back against him and walked away.