She is Determined Enough

Perfect Two

 

Minho found himself being dragged by Sunghee in a restaurant few kilometres from the airport. They went inside and then he knew that Sunghee had already asked for a reservation. She really had a plan to pick him up and take him out with her.

 

They sat together at a table for two and from then Sunghee didn’t stop talking about what happen to her during those years that they didn’t see each other. He acted like he was listening, though he was actually thinking of the best way to settle this thing would her. He was hoping she would open up about it so he could explain and nicely reject her.

 

“It was nice seeing you again, oppa.” She told him and he smiled.

 

“Me, too. You’ve grown a lot.”

 

“Thanks. Oh, eat more.” She didn’t forget to offer him more food. “It was a long travel. You must be tired.”

 

“It’s okay. That’s only 2 hours.” He smiled – trying to still act a bit distant towards her.

 

“Still. It’s 2 long hours.” She insisted and Minho, not wanting her to feel bad, just took few more spoons of dish and took them onto his plate. She smiled in satisfaction.

 

Sunghee started talking nonstop again. It was as if she wasn’t even able to have a spoon of her food. She was talking about all the things she wanted to talk about – as if trying to catch up to those years that they were not together. But Minho, on the other hand, diverted his attention to his food, not even glancing at her to show that he was listening.

 

Few more minutes had passed and finally, Sunghee was able to realize that Minho wasn’t really interested. She sighed. “Okay, let me get straight to the point. I went here because of you.”

 

To that, Minho finally lifted his face to face her. It was blank but it made Sunghee’s heart skipped a beat. She wasn’t aware that Minho’s stare would make her feel like that.

 

“Remember when we were still young? You promised me you’ll marry me. To be honest, I thought things would change once we grow up. But as I was growing in Canada, I constantly think about you, and then one day I was able to watch your game and it all came back to me. It’s been almost 15 years, and we were so young back then, but it was still the same. I wanted to see you because I want us to have a chance.”

 

“But Cha Sunghee…” Minho paused for a while. “Like what you said… we were still young, and though were not aware of it, a lot of things have changed.”

 

She sighed and smiled and then nodded her head. “I knew it would be like this. I knew you wouldn’t right away say yes.”

 

“Sunghee-ah…”

 

“I have no plans of forcing you to date me or whatever. I went here thinking things would go slow and I don’t expect you to just agree that we both have a chance. You’re a guy, and as a man, I knew you would be dating a lot, so it can be that you forgot about me. I know I’ll have to start with getting your attention, until finally getting you to like me as a girl.”

 

“Sunghee, you don’t understand… It’s not like what you think…”

 

She shrugged her shoulders. “That’s what I believe in, and I want to remind you again that I’m not pressuring you to like me. If there’s someone who’s going to bug you about this, then it will be omma.”

 

“Omma?”

 

“Don’t be too awkward about this, okay? I’ve been calling her omma ever since we were both young, and you were the same with my mom, too, right? And besides, I wanted to call her auntie the first time I saw her again but she insisted on calling her omma.” She grinned and nodded to make him agree. “I don’t think it’s something we should still discuss.”

 

“You know you’re a younger sibling to me, right?” Minho tried to smile and narrowed his eyes but Sunghee laughed.

 

“Younger sibling? But I just reminded you of how you promised to marry me, right? Now how can we be just a sibling?”

 

“Sunghee-ah…”

 

“Oppa. It’s fine, okay? It’s really fine. I’m staying here in Korea for good so we have a lot of time to get to know each other. And besides, you don’t have any excuses to avoid me because omma said you’re single.”

 

“She said that?”

 

Sunghee nodded. “I think your mother wants you to get married already. Maybe because one of your friends already has a child?”

 

“You know that?” Minho frowned as he was starting to get annoyed at the amount of information she knew about him.

 

“I’m sorry, but I’ve been talking with omma for quite a lot so I might have known a lot of things already. I think I should really let you know… that I was able to know about your past relationship with the mother of your friend’s son.”

 

“Omma… seriously.” He sighed. “But it’s all in the past. We are in good terms and we’re still good friends.”

 

“I know. I can see that.” She smiled warmly and nodded. “I just couldn’t help it. I have this huge interest to know a lot about you that I ended up asking too much questions. Please don’t get mad at her.

 

“But you sure do know a lot.” He smiled sarcastically which made her just smiled awkwardly. “What else do you know?”

 

“About your friend’s ex wife that omma might have wanted you to marry?”

 

“Wow. You didn’t miss it.”

 

“Well… it was because I asked her if there’s a possible rival. You know… one should know her enemy. She told me she was rooting for that girl and she was also in the Philippines, but she doesn’t think the both of you were able to see each other, therefore, she thought there wasn’t any possibility for you to end up together.”

 

“Well, honestly, we did see each other several times while I was there. We are close.”

 

“Ahh…” She nodded as if she was so interested to know more about Yeojin. “But omma said you never met her. Not even once.”

 

“I didn’t tell her.”

 

“Why?”

 

He shrugged his shoulders and didn’t give any more information.

 

“I see. She’s in the Philippines anyway, and I don’t think I should worry about her.”

 

Minho wanted to really reject her on the spot, but he thought she was too nice and too sweet to be embarrassed like that. He thought Sunghee was a sweet and honest girl despite being so straightforward.

 

“Omma told me to take you to the Pasta House because your friends are waiting there to see you.” Sunghee told Minho while they were inside the car getting back from the restaurant. “I met your friends once when I saw them gathering up in your restaurant. They seemed cool and friendly.”

 

“They are. They really are.” Minho agreed and smiled. Few minutes later and both of them arrived in the Pasta House.

 

“Aigoo! Choi Minho!” The four boys immediately ran to Minho like he was gone for 10 years. “You are so handsome!” Key shouted and they all laughed.

 

“Yaahhh~ Look at you. You didn’t want any of us to pick you and then you allowed this beautiful lady to pick you. That is so unfair, Choi Minho.” Lee Jinki teased, which made Sunghee blushed and smile a little.

 

“Yah.” Minho elbowed Jinki and frowned. “I have no plans, okay?” He whispered to and Jinki got it right away.

 

Minho thought that it would really be hard for him to stop Sunghee from doing what she was doing, but he was sure that he needed to stop and settle this in a week before Yeojin comes back – or else, he’s really doomed.


A/N: Okay. I know Yeojin needs to comeback quickly - or else, Minho would easily be stolen! But what to do? One week is still seven days ~ Aigoo~ Yeojin-ah! What to do with your Minho?!