A Good Offer to Start Off

Perfect Two

A/N: Along the chapter, you will encounter a song. It is best advisable that you listen to it and read the lyrics. :))


It was already 6:30. Yeojin woke up and looked around, remembering that she wasn't in the same room as before. Suddenly, she thought of Minho and his ability to sleep without really minding the time. She took her phone and sent a message to him. “Wake up!”

 

Minho was in the kitchen cooking breakfast for himself when he felt his phone vibrating. He put down the spatula and took his phone out, finding out the message sent by Yeojin. “Wake up!” He smiled and immediately replied. “I have woken up, mada'am. I'm cooking my breakfast.” He typed in and sent it immediately.

 

Yeojin then was surprised to receive a reply immediately. She smiled to herself after reading and was about to type a reply when Minho sent another reply. “You just woke up? Any plans for today?” She smiled yet again and replied. “Shane is offering me a job so today I'm going with her to check it out.”

 

He nodded as if he was just conversing to her personally. “Goodluck then, and do well! How's Minjin?”

 

Yeojin chuckled. “You really won't forget about Minjin, will you? He's in his little bed I made for him. By the way, Shane really loves him. I told you.”

 

Minho replied, “It's a good thing, and I hope you get the work.” He put the dish on a plate as soon as it was done, still holding his phone on the other hand, he immediately received a reply after placing the food on the table. “You should prepare for school today. Fighting!”

 

Yeojin smiled again before putting back the phone on the table beside her bed. “You know what, if you're smiling because of him again then I really suggest that you should go back to his house.” Shane said and looked at her smiling teasingly. “I mean, can you last not talking to that person?”

 

“I was just checking if he has woken up. That person sleeps for long, I'm afraid he's still sleeping when he has to go to school later.” She said and excused, but Shane just wouldn't stop teasing.

 

“Wow ~ Such a caring friend you are, Ms. Jean.” She pouted. “Anyways, let's get ready, we have to leave by 8 coz my friend said he'll meet us at 10.”

 

*** *** ***

 

“You didn't tell me your friend is a director. I thought he was just someone who cast people.” Yeojin whispered as they sat inside what was seemed like a conference room.

 

“When I tell you 'my friend', that means my connection. In this world, I need to regard everybody as my friend, despite how big they are in the industry.” She winked and soon they heard the opening of the door. A young director probably just around their age entered and smiled at the both of them.

 

“I'm glad you made it.” The director said looking at the both of them. “Let's take a seat. Wow, you look prettier in real life.” He couldn't let another minute pass without praising Yeojin. She just smiled and nodded. “You know, let's get fast into business coz I really want you to do the music video.. it felt like a … love in a first sight?” He said which made Yeojin's eyes grew widely. “No. No. I don't mean it that way.” The young director chuckled and shook his head. “When it comes to work you know, when you see someone and think that... 'ah, this is who I want to star in my video'. That's what I immediately thought of after seeing your photo, and now that you're here personally, I have to start doing business with you.”

 

Yeojin chuckled and find it so fast. It was a bit awkward when the director immediately handed her the song lyrics and gave her his earphones. “I'll let you listen to the song and read the lyrics at the same time.” She just nodded and followed what the director said.

 

“I thought Sam would be the singer?” Shane asked as soon as she saw the title and the singer.

 

“No. Sam will be the lead guy. Her partner. They have chemistry, as I see it.” He smiled.

 

Song: I don't want to fall – Juris Hernandez

 

Eehh? The whole time she was listening to the song she couldn't help but frown. Why was the song seemingly talking about her? She frowned at every line and felt how they struck her. “No way...” She even whispered in the middle of listening to the song. Shane and the Director were just looking at her, watching her every reaction and the expression she was making.

 

“You seemed like you can relate to the song. It's a good thing.” The director said as he took back his earphones from her. “Actually, ah.. Shane. I won't accept no for an answer in this.” He laughed and looked at Shane. They seemed pretty close. “I mean, I will just allow the both of you leave my place after closing the deal.”

 

“So?” Shane looked at Yeojin and she appeared to have weird smile on her face. “You're gonna take this, right?” She said wiggling her eyebrows.

 

“Direk, I'm sorry I'm late! Traffic.” Someone came in a hurry, even trying to catch his breathe coz he probably ran to get in there.

 

“Sam.” The director stood up and so as Yeojin and Shane. “Good thing you're here. She's Ms. Jeanie Ahn, a Korean model. Ms. Ahn, meet Mr. Sam Milby, our handsome fil-am boy in the country.”

 

“What are you talking about?” Sam punched the director lightly. It seemed like he was older than him by few years, then she looked at Yeojin and smiled. “You look better in real life. Nice meeting you.” He lend his hand and she took it for a shake hand. “Are we closing a deal here?” He said cooly and the director shrugged his shoulders and looked at Yeojin.

 

“I said I won't allow them to leave until I close the deal.” He said to Sam and they both chuckled.

 

“You see, I...” Yeojin started talking to explain herself. “This is a good offer and I'm so overwhelmed with knowing you really want me to do this, but uh... I have no experience in acting and I'm not sure if I can meet your expectations.” She smiled hesitantly but Sam shook his head.

 

“I can help you out.” He said. “I also was onced a model and I also didn't know how to act at first. You'll get better in time. I know you can do it. And besides, you don't have to memorize any script here yet. You just have to act some things out.” He explained and smiled showing his complete set of sparkling teeth.

 

“But what if I...”

 

“Just try it.” The director said. “There's no harm in trying, and besides, since it seemed like we only force you to this, so we don't really have the right to blame you if ever you mess up.”

 

“Am I really not going to say anything? You can't give me Filipino script coz I at speaking it.” She said worriedly to which Sam laughed as well.

 

“You know what? I can really see myself from you when I was just starting. I grew up in US, so when I went here I definitely had no idea of the language, but as you go along, you'll definitely learn and be able to speak. Don't worry. As I said, we'll help you out.”

 

“The singer of the song.. you can just let her be the leading lady.”

 

“She's married... and currently pregnant so... it won't have any impact at all.” The director shrugged his shoulders.

 

“I am, too.” She said which surprised both the director and Sam. “I mean.. technically, I am.”

 

“They are in the process of divorce.” Shane saved showing how she wanted Yeojin to take the role. “In few weeks time, the papers will be approved and Jeanie is single again.”

 

“Now I can't see any problem at all.” The director then smiled again. “You're going to accept the offer, right?”

 

Yeojin sighed and eventually nodded. “It's three against one. I can't really win at this moment. But please, director, Mr. Sam, don't expect a lot from me.”

 

“We won't.” Sam smiled. “Thank you for accepting this and please, just call me Sam.” Yeojin smiled back and nodded.


ADDITIONAL CHARACTER, GUYS !!!!

Meet Mr. Sam Milby. A Filipino-American Singer/Model/Actor who is now based in the Philippines. He's not gonna stay as a regular, probably for just few chapters only, but still, he will play a lot. :)