The Encounter

Perfect Two

 

“Yes. We are complete. Jinki hyung, Taeminnie, Kibum and Minho. Where are you?” Jonghyun was talking to Soeun on phone. No one knew yet about the surprise she was talking about. “Deh… we’ll wait for you here. Okay. Keep safe.” He said before hanging up.

 

“Where is she?” Jinki asked after the conversation ended.

 

“Almost here. She told me not to be too excited.” He chuckled and shook his head. “You know, it’s rare for Soeun to make these surprises but when she does, then it’s really a surprise.”

 

“Maybe it’s a marriage proposal.” Taemin told them and they laughed. “Or a special event for you, hyung.”

 

“Why did she tell me then that we need to be complete? It might be something involving all of us.” Jinki replied and Kibum thought the same way. He then noticed Minho who kept on glancing over his phone. “Any problem?” He asked him.

 

“Sunghee keeps on calling me, and I can’t contact Yeo- I mean, my girlfriend. She’s not calling me, too.” He said worriedly.

 

“Oh.” Jonghyun nodded and smirked. “Did Sunghee say she’ll come?”

 

“I don’t know, but I think she will. You know she always go here at around this time.”

 

“Hello.” Just then, their topic of discussion appeared behind Minho. “Hi! How are you?” Sunghee greeted everybody, and sat on an empty chair just beside Minho.

 

“Oh, hi.” Obviously, Minho wasn’t too happy to see her. He was trying to reach for Yeojin because he’ll follow what Jinki said and would really now tell her about Sunghee, but she couldn’t call her roaming number. “You’re here… again.”

 

“I told you I’ll be very pursuant in courting you. I need to be here every day, right?” Sunghee said happily and chuckled. The other guys smiled as well.

 

“Well, you don’t really need to be here every day, Sunghee. You have your work to do, after all.”

 

“I am the boss of my own work. I can go and leave anytime I want. Don’t you think so?” Minho looked at her and she winked playfully. “Minho oppa… do you have anything to do tomorrow? Should we go out? It may not be a date. Let’s just hang out together.”

 

“Ah…”

 

“Appa!” Yoogeun came running right before Minho could say anything. Finally, they arrived.

 

“Ah, my son! Where’s omma?” Jonghyun asked as he lifted Yoogeun and made him sat on his lap. “Do you know about the surprise?”

 

“Mom’s walking her way here with a beautiful surprise!” Yoogeun uttered, even making the guys’ curiosity rise even more.

 

“Oppa…” Meanwhile, Sunghee wasn’t paying attention to the conversation, but he was rather bugging Minho with her request. Minho tried not to mind her. He kept smiling and thinking about what the surprise was all about.

 

“Is the surprise for appa?” Jonghyun asked to which Yoogeun shook his head.

 

“It can be for everybody!” He informed which gave again another high participation for all the guys present there.

 

“There! Soeun-ah!” Jinki shouted as soon as he saw Soeun entering the restaurant, but then his smile faded away. “But she’s empty handed. Where’s the surprise?” He asked disappointingly.

 

“Hi, guys.” She greeted and smiled. “Oh, you’re here, Sunghee-ssi.” She called for Sunghee but she didn’t even look at her. She was busy trying to get Minho’s attention and get him agree to hang out with her. It’s not a date, as she told him.

 

“I thought there will be a surprise? Where is it?” Kibum said and he sounded impatient.

 

“Wow, Soeun-ah, are you kidding us? We are anticipating for your surprise and you went here empty handed. Yoogeun even told us it’s a beautiful surprise!”

 

“Wait. Wait. Can you all be patient?” Soeun chuckled. “It’s hard to carry that surprise so I left it outside.”

 

“What? Should we go and carry your surprise here?” Kibum said which made him laugh.

 

“No. No. Wait.” Soeun said and reached for her phone. She called someone. “You can bring the surprise in. Please be careful.” She said and smiled.

 

“Oppa, just say yes. It’s only for one day.” Sunghee, on the other hand, was persistent to make him agree. “Please, please, please, please?” She looked sophisticated, so her aegyo sort of didn’t match her classy look that moment.

 

Finally, Minho looked at her, “I’m busy, Sunghee-ssi. Unlike you, I am on hands to my business. I left this for three months so I want to be more focused on this, so please try-“

 

“Ahn Yeojin!!” Kibum stood up in surprise the moment the door opened and Yeojin appeared. Taemin, Jinki, Jonghyun, and Kibum eyed the door only to wait for the surprise. “It’s really Yeojin!”

 

Minho automatically turned to door as he heard her name and he stood up in surprise of her arrival.

 

“But Minho-oppa, I’ll ask omma to take care of this for a while, just go out with me!” Sunghee followed and even held his hand.

 

On that position Yeojin saw Minho with Sunghee. She could’ve scooted her way towards them and pulled her hair so she could leave Minho alone, but she didn’t do it as she maintained her poise and smile. She was successful on making them all surprise, though she wasn’t expecting this kind of surprised expression from Minho. Rather than happy and excited that she’s back, he looked more of a boyfriend who was caught cheating on her girlfried, and eventually – that is what was happening.

 

“Oh, jeez. This is really Ahn Yeojin! How are you?!” Jinki expressed though he looked like he was in panic as well. He saw how Sunghee was clinging on Minho’s arm. Minho, being frozen and speechless, didn’t even bother removing Sunghee’s hands from him. “You are so beautiful. You didn’t tell me you’re going back!”

 

“Did I surprise all of you?” Yeojin said with a wide smile on her face. “I just came back this afternoon, and I wanted to surprise all of you so I didn’t tell anything.”

 

“Wow.” Jinki uttered awkwardly. “We are really surprised, right, Minho?” He said and elbowed Minho.


“Oh. Y-Yeojin-ah... You…”

 

“Who is she? Your girlfriend?” Yeojin told Minho so he quickly let go of Sunghee.

 

“No. No. No. She’s a friend and I just… just…”

 

“Who are you?” Sunghee butted in.

 

“Ahn Yeojin.” She shortly introduced.

 

“Ahh… you are Jonghyun-ssi’s ex-wife? You are close with Soeun-ssi? That’s nice. I thought you were supposed to be rivals.” She said nicely, but Yeojin and Soeun looked at each other. Both of them knew it was an insult.

 

“Actually, Yes.” Yeojin said and smiled. “I am Jonghyun’s ex-wife.”

 

“We don’t really have to talk about this, really…” Jonghyun uttered as he felt awkward. He held Soeun’s hands and whispered to help the atmosphere get better.

 

“I am Jonghyun’s wife. I am one of his girlfriend’s close friends, and you know what’s new about me?” Yeojin uttered almost raising one eyebrow but trying hard not to look like . “I am now his bestfriend’s girlfriend.” She revealed, earning yet another surprised expression on everybody’s faces.

 

Suddenly, Minho talked. “Yeojin-ah… it is not what you think it is. I was about to tell you about her but I can’t reach your phone. I also didn’t know about your arrival.” He started explaining as he was getting really nervous on making her angry.

 

Sunghee voluntarily let go of Minho and stepped back. “Y-you and…” She frowned and shook his head as she ran away without even saying anything more.