Becoming Extra Special

Perfect Two

 

Minho woke up around 6 am that morning. He just opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling. “A year older now, Choi Minho. So what do you have to do first?” He talked to himself as he stared blankly in the space. After minutes of thinking, he suddenly got up, pull a shirt somewhere and wore it, then he went outside.

 

Few seconds later, he found himself standing in front of Yeojin and Angel's room. He was just there, face to face with the door. He was about to knock but suddenly hesitated. For few minutes he was just there, standing with unknown intentions. 3 more minutes have passed, 5 minutes, and it was 10 minutes later. He was still standing there thinking, pondering, but looking stupid as well.

 

He decided to just go back to his room but as he was about to turn, the door opened and Yeojin appeared behind it. “Minho-yah?” He turned like he was caught getting something he wasn't supposed to get. “What are you doing here? Do you need something? Why didn't you knock?” She asked continuously to which he only smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

 

“I was just about to ask you what should I do first on the 1st day of my new year.”

 

“And?”

 

“I already knew the answer so it's okay.” He smiled again and turned going back to his room, leaving Yeojin clueless and confused of what Minho meant.

 

“You knew the answer just by standing at my door?”

 

“I knew it as soon as it was opened.” Minho answered without looking at her. He felt his cheeks burning enough for him not to show his face to her for a while. “Anyway, we'll leave at 10 am.” He added and finally went inside his own room back.

 

Yeojin shoved the confusion out of her head by shrugging shoulders. She went out of her room and started preparing breakfast for the two of them just how her regular routine goes. Yeojin remembered that she had only left with few groceries in the cupboard and in the fridge so she went to Minho's room and knocked.

 

“Minho-yah...” She called softly.

 

“Eh?”

 

“Can we buy groceries as well later?”

 

“Sure.”

 

After hearing the short confirmation from Minho, Yeojin went back to the kitchen to cook something. She didn't forget to brew him some coffee that he would always like to have for breakfast.

 

As Yeojin went to open the curtains, she noticed how it was suddenly dark outside. “Aigoo.. No. Please, don't rain. Today's a great day.” She whispered to herself as she looked at the dark, thick and heavy clouds forming at the sky.

 

As she turned back to continue doing her chores, a heavy rain started pouring down. She flinched and checked back on the window only to see strong winds and huge droplets of rain beating outside. “Aigoo.. No...” She obviously looked so disappointed for there was a huge chance that their plan for today will be postponed.

 

“Is it raining?” Minho came out from his room and peaked at the window from her back. She looked up at him and nodded sadly. “Woah. It's raining hard.” He said as he observed outside. “But maybe it'll stop later on. We just need to wait.” He smiled and patted her shoulders before heading in to the living area to open the television.

 

Weather bulettin for today: Huge part of Manila will experience series of moderate to heavy rains with thunderstorms. It is advisable to stay at home for the whole day.

 

The news on the television made Yeojin even sadder. “I guess we can't go today.” She told Minho and sighed. “We can't do anything about it. I'll just cook us some hot soup because it's going to be really cold later.”

 

Yeojin headed back to the kitchen with heavy shoulders. She really wanted to go out with Minho and Angel today and have some fun outside, but due to bad weather, they had to stay home and spend the whole boring day together.

 

After cooking, she kept it in the caserole and covered it to make sure it will stay hot as long as possible. She washed her hands and wiped it with a towel. Yeojin decided to just go back to her room and sleep since a rainy day is a sleepy day as well.

 

As she went out of the kitchen she found Minho dressed up as if he was about to go somewhere. “Where are you going?” She asked.

 

“I'm going to buy some groceries.” Minho answered shortly as he fixed his sleeves. “Stay here and just wait for me, okay?”

 

“But... it's still raining. Let's go later when the rain stops.” She advised but Minho shook his head.

 

“By the looks of it, it seems that it's going to be a bad weather day today. We can't just wait for the rain to stop, what if it's already flooded outside?” He looked at her and smiled. “Don't worry, I'll be fine. I love to play soccer in the rain so this thing isn't really a big deal for me.”

 

“Do you want me to come and help you out?”

 

“It's okay. Just stay here and look after Angel. I won't take too long.” He wore his cap and took his keys, but hesitated so he left it in the end, saying that he'll just take a cab, afraid that he'll get stranded somewhere.

 

*** *** ***

 

Yeojin couldn't stop worrying. Two hours had passed but Minho was still not home. The rain had finally stopped, but according to the news, some areas of the City were flooded and it will take few more hours for it to subside. She was worried that Minho really got stranded somewhere.

 

She took her phone to call Minho, but lost hope when she heard his phone ringing inside his room. Yeojin wanted to get mad at him for not bringing his phone with him. He should've brought it so she can call him like during this time.

 

Yeojin walked back and forth, unconsciously checking her phone from time to time stupidly thinking that Minho would call though his phone were there inside his room. Suddenly, she heard the door opened so she automatically ran to see if it was already him.

 

“Minho-yah!” She ran to help him bring the goods in. “Aigoo, look at you! You are so drenched!”

 

“I didn't know the rain was really that hard!” Minho uttered as he was catching his breathe. He removed his cap and Yeojin saw how we his head was. She panicked.

 

“Oh. Quickly! Take a bath! You'll get sick if you stay drenched like that!” Minho didn't move so she hit him. “Come on, move! You don't want to be sick!” She yelled which immediately put Minho into action.

 

Minho went into the bathroom while Yeojin brought the goods in the kitchen. After putting them at the table, she quickly made him a coffee and rushed to his room. She opened his closet and took out some clothes for him to wear. “Minho yah, do you have your towel?!”

 

“I forgot it!” Minho shouted from the bathroom so she took one towel and placed it outside his door, hanging on the doorknob. “I hanged your towel outside. Just get it when you're down.” She said and went back to fix his clothes. “I also put your clothes here near you so you can wear them immediately, and your coffee's here at the table. Take a sip after changing your clothes.” She instructed clearly. “I'll just be outside to cook something!”

 

Minho went out after few minutes seeing all the things Yeojin had prepared for him. He wore the tshirt and shorts she took out for him, and took a sip of the coffee as what was instructed by Yeojin. He smiled to himself after taking one sip, thinking about how she took care of him really well.

 

He sat down beside the bed and sighed. “Now I know how hard it was for Jonghyun hyung to choose between Soeun and Yeojin.” He said and looked at the door that was slightly opened. He can hear the sound of the utensils outside, probably because Yeojin was starting to cook already. He smiled to himself again and shook his head. “Girls like you should be taken care of, and not really to take care of someone.”

 

He looked at himself particularly at his shirt, then his gaze went towards the cup of coffee that he was holding, and then on the towel that he just hanged on the chair. For the nth time he sighed. These were just small things done by Yeojin, but he knew from that moment how these simple things made her extra special.