Let's Quit Fighting

Perfect Two

 “He's so cutee~~” Yeojin wasn't wrong upon informing Minho that Shane would like Minjin. As soon as she saw Yeojin standing at the doorway, she immediately took Minjin from her arms and played with him. She really thought he was the cutest puppy she had ever seen. “Minjinniieeeee...” Shane kept on calling Minjin.

 

“Aigoo.. so tiring.” Yeojin uttered as she opened the luggage and started unpacking her things. The most difficult part of returning home was the idea that she had to carry her luggage with Minjin on her other hand as she made her way up their small unit.

 

“Jeannie, I thought you'll be here after lunch? It's just 10 am. Why so early?” That was the only time Shane got to realize she was earlier than expected. She was just too engrossed admiring Minjin that she wasn't able to pay attention to her friend.

 

“I just wanted to leave early.” Yeojin sounded cold and tried shoving off the question.

 

“Why?” Shane asked without looking at her. “Why did you want to leave early? Did your master kick you out as soon as you wake up?”

 

“If it was my house then I should've been the one kicking him out.” She pouted and rolled her eyes.

 

“Woah~ wait. Did something happen between you, two?” That was the only time she really paid attention to Yeojin as she looked at her directly. “Did you fight?”

 

“He doesn't want to let me leave, so I have to force myself out.” She didn't give much detailed and just shrugged them off. “I don't think he has the right to stop me anyway.”

 

“Did he tell you why he didn't want to let you leave?”

 

Yeojin hesitated to answer because she knew this girl. She knew Shane would start teasing her and giving her weird predictions as to what is really happening. “He wants to be with Minjin.”

 

“But why do you name him Minjin?” Shane carried Minjin on her lap and caressed it's head. She tried hinking about it and ended up in a guess. “Who taught of it? Did you just put your names together to and give it to him?”

 

“Well...” She felt awkward saying 'yes' but immediately heard a loud fussing sound from Shane. “What?”

 

“That is sooooooo yesterday.” She uttered with intonation and great facial expression. “That is just so corny and old fashioned! Ew! You looked like teenage couples who buy themselves stuff toys and claiming them as their children and naming them after their names. You are really childish.”

 

“Can we not discuss about Minjin's name anymore. That sounds good for him.” She tried ignoring another question that would probably lead for her to . So far, she was doing very well in showing her that nothing weird happened which made her go home early. “Oh. Can I just take a bath for a while?” Without any other word she stood up, took her towel and rushed to the bathroom.

 

“Why didn't you take a bath before leaving the house? This girl. You traveled with morning smell!” She shook her head while laughing and continued playing with Minjin. “So baby. She is your mother and you left your father in his house. Don't you pity him, Minjinnie? You must ask your mother to return home to your father.” She smiled like an idiot when she noticed she was just talking to herself basically. “But really, you seemed like you are listening to me.”

 

Few minutes later, she heard yeojin's phone ringing. “Jean! Your phone!” She shouted but Yeojin didn't hear maybe because the shower was open. She just digged into her bag to get the phone, and saw Minho's name registered on the incoming call.

 

“He-”

 

“YAH AHN YEOJIN. YOU ARE NOT FUNNY. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO LEAVE THE HOUSE THAT WAY? YOU SHOULD'VE JUST TALKED TO ME NICELY. DIDN'T I AGREE ON LETTING YOU LEAVE? I WAS JUST STATING A POINT HOPING YOU WOULD TAKE IT INTO CONSIDERATION. BUT WHY-”

 

Shane was so surprised and nervous at the same time that she had to immediately drop the call. Minho sounded angry on the other line. And worse, she couldn't understand even a single word he was uttering. He spoke in Korean and it was too fast. “Gosh. What is he?” She said still nervous while looking at the phone and was startled when the phone started ringing again. “Oh Gosh he's calling again. Jean! Minho's calling!” She started going nuts but Yeojin had no response. “I'm sorry, Minho.” She whispered and just turned off Yeojin's phone.

 

She sighed, looked at Minjin who was then busy cuddling himself on her lap. “Minjinnie, why is your father angry? Did you understand what he said?”

 

“Were you calling for me?” Yeojin said as soon as she went out of the bathroom.

 

“Minho called.” She reported. “I couldn't understand anything. He was speaking in your language, but I'm sure about one thing.”

 

“What?”

 

“He could be either mad, pissed off, or angry. Whatever, they are just the same words, but he didn't sound good and friendly to me.” She said straightly. “Then he called again, but I was so afraid to answer it again so I just killed your phone.”

 

Yeojin laughed and nodded. “Serves him right.” She said simply and sat back to fix the rest of her things. “By the way, you told me on the phone that you can give me a job. When can I go and check it out?”

 

“Tomorrow!” Shane happily said. “My friend was asking if I know someone that could star in a music video. I quickly thought of you and told him I'll contact you for that.”

 

“Music Video?” Her eyes grew widely and blinked several times. “What do you mean Music Video? You mean I'm going to act? No way! I'm just a model! Not an actress!” She immediately declined the offer as soon as she learned about it.

 

“Come on, just one time, Jean. I told my friend you're famous among fashion experts in South Korea because you model branded clothes for them. I showed him your photo and he said you really suit the character. There's no script at all. You just have to act with the singer.” She paused for a while and then started wiggling her eyebrows. “He's a hottie.”

 

“What hottie?”

 

“The singer's a hottie. He's one of the well known hearthrobs in the country, and I also heard he's really friendly in real life so... who knows?”

 

“What who knows? I'm not interested.” She stuck her tongue out and chuckled.

 

“But really. Just accept this offer. This may give another break for you. You know what, I heard the agency you used to work before already found someone to replace you. She's working for more than a month now so I'm really not sure if you can go back there.”

 

“Fine. Fine. I'll go check that out with you tomorrow.” She just agreed and tok her phone. As she opened it, she found a lot of messages coming from Minho. “This guy just won't stop, seriously.” She sighed and decided to call him up.

 

“YAH AHN YEOJIN. YOU ARE BEING TOO MUCH.”

 

“I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left just like that, okay?” She said on the other line which sounded a lot calmer than how she was with him a while ago. “But can we just stop arguing about this? It's not like we're not going to see each other forever. If you miss me, then just go see me.”

 

She joked and heard Minho chuckling on the other line. They quit fighting and just laughed themselves off. “You like me?”

 

“Ugh. No.” She replied and laughed. “You like me?” Yeojin even dared asking back.

 

“I can't since you won't allow me.” Minho answered. “I can't believe you're settling things like this. As soon as you started talking calmly, it felt like I need to quit arguing back. Whatever. You win this time.”

 

“I win all the time.” Yeojin laughed. “Fine. I need to hang up and fix my things first.”

 

“Okay. See you when I see you.” Minho uttered and ended up the call.

 

As soon as Yeojin put the phone beside her on the floor, she gained a weird gaze from her friend. “What?” She asked.

 

“If you didn't leave him in the house then you didn't really have to spend load calling each other. Seriously, I can't understand everything, but I think you said something about asking him if he likes you.” She sighed and shook her head. “I didn't know I'd be able to witness these scenes that I only get to watch in Korean Dramas. It's cheesier in real life.” She added.