When I Look at You

Perfect Two

 As Yeojin opened her eyes that morning, she was welcomed with the light that was coming from the opened window. She was blinded at first, but later on appreciated the sunlight which brightened up her morning.

 

“Good morning!” Minho greeted happily as he peaked at her door. “I'm glad you're awake. Do you mind joining me for breakfast?” He suggested which made her flinch. Yeojin looked at the clock and saw that she was late on her usual waking hours. She was still supposed to make Minho some breakfast.

 

“Oh My, I'm sorry I woke up so late, wait, I'll cook you something really quick.” She rose up still in her pajamas and wore her slippers. She passed Minho by and rushed to the kitchen, surprised to see that the table was already filled with foods. “You... you cooked?”

 

Instead of answering, Minho gently pushed Yeojin towards the table and made her seat on the chair beside his. “Can you go with me today?” He asked after both of them took their seat. She frowned, and before she could even talk, Minho continued, “We are going to have a friendly match with another team from a different school. After the game, then I am free to go.”

 

“Then? Why do I need to go with you?”

 

“I want to take you out.” Minho said without looking at her. He was eating but concentrating on making sure she would really go with him. “The last time, we weren't able to go out. I want to do it now.” He said simply, as if it was no big deal.

 

“I can stay at home.” She smiled genuinely. “You don't have to do this, Minho-yah. I'll be fine. There are a lot of things to do here. I won't get bored.” She assured.

 

“It's not because of you.” Minho shook his head and took another piece of bacon. “I just want to have you around during the game. I want you to cheer for me.”

 

“Are you serious?” She looked at her in surprise. Minho only nodded and left her still confuse. “You could have someone else cheer for you though.”

 

“I want you to be the one doing it.” He stressed out. “If you haven't noticed, I prepared your clothes in your room and I you can wear that one. But if you don't like it, then you can choose something else.”

 

She smiled. “Are you trying to match up with how I was able to take care of you?”

 

Minho looked at her for a while and eventually nodded. “I tend to be very competitive.”

 

“So you're holding a competition against me about who is better in taking care of the other?” Yeojin asked and Minho nodded again. “Call. I am not going to lose against you as well.”

 

Minho wanted to smile and feel proud that he was doing great in making Yeojin fell less sad about what happened yesterday. He knew she could still remember about Yeojin but he was happy she was trying to cope up and move on. He knew Yeojin was such a strong willed girl.

 

“I am going to clean this up.”

 

“I insist.” Minho immediately took their plates and deliver them to the kitchen.

 

“No. I'm doing the dishes.” She insisted and followed him inside. Yeojin wanted to do it, since she was thinking it's one way of taking care of her.

 

“You should take a bath.” Minho looked at her. “I'm done preparing while you're still not. If you do the dishes then we'll be late for school. Come on. Don't argue. I win this time.” He chuckled as he tried putting his apron and tying it on his back.

 

“Let me.” Yeojin approached him and tied it for him. She chuckled after doing that and Minho looked at her. “That is still a score.” She pointed her index finger up and immediately ran to her room. “I'll wear whatever it is that you prepared!” She shouted before closing the door of her room. Minho laughed at himself and shook his head as he found her so amusing and endearing.

 

Yeojin saw the a simple straight dress which extended just above her knees. It was one of her favorites to wear during a simple and fine day. However, her attention was diverted back to the empty crib that was still beside her bed. Her sadness went back, still thinking about missing Angel so much.

 

“Hey.” Minho suddenly budged in distracting her from being emotional. “I won't let you feel sad yet again, so quickly take a bath, change your clothes and let's leave.” He said in such a sweet and warm tone.

 

“It's just sad that this crib is empty.”

 

“That's it? You're sad because this is empty?” Minho laughed softly and shook his head. “Well, if you want, I can do something to make this crib occupied again.” Those words from Minho gave Yeojin a shock and made her eyes dilated.

 

“Yah! What do you mean?!!!” She shouted and covered herself as if Minho was about to do something.

 

Minho then realized what could possibly her interpretation of what she said. “Oh wait! That's not what I meant!” He shouted but Yeojin looked at him disgustingly. “Yah. That's not..”

 

“You ert!” She turned her back against him and stomped her feet towards the bathroom. Minho only shook his head and went out of her room embarrassed. But indeed, he would help her make that crib occupied again so at least the sadness won't be that much.

 

*** *** ***

 

“Wow! This is such a wide field!” Yeojin remarked as soon as they entered the field.

 

“Coach!!!” Kids then started running towards Minho and greeting him happily.

 

“Are you ready for today's game! Do all that we practiced, okay?!” He said loudly. His enthusiasm and adrenaline all rushing into his entire body. “Do well, boys! We can do this!” He said proudly.

 

“Coach.” His assistant coach came and greeted him. “The other team will arrive soon. They called me and said they are on their way.”

 

“Good. Now start warming up.” He said with authority.

 

“Oh. Who is this beautiful miss?” The assistant coach noticed Yeojin just then and immediately asked about her. Yeojin just smiled.

 

“Is she your girlfriend, coach?” The kids asked and there were sudden teasings coming from them. “Yiiieee... Coach has a girlfriend!”

 

“Call her Yeojin noona. In Korea, kids like you call beautiful girls like her noona.” He introduced and smiled at all of them. “She'll watch the game today so be sure to win! I don't want to disappoint her, okay?!”

 

“Yes, coach!” They said and ran back to the field to do their warm ups. Minho laughed and watched as they ran away.

 

“You didn't tell them I am not your girlfriend.” Yeojin said as soon as they left. She wasn't mad, though, but sounded like she was complaining.

 

“Do I need to do it?” He looked at her and shook his head. “I don't think it's necessarry.”

 

“But they think we are together.”

 

“And what's wrong about that? We are literally together so... I don't think there's nothing wrong not denying it.” Minho laughed. “You can occupy this seat next to where I sit while watching over them.” He said and guided her to a specific place. “Later on, you might smell the sweat around here but please understand. They are so noisy as well, and some of them involuntarily curse when they are in the intensity of the game. Please try to understand as well.” Minho kept on reminding her a lot of things and she just nodded.

 

“I know all of that, don't worry. I'm not really sensitive about those things.” She chuckled softly. “By the way, how do you want me to cheer for you?”

 

“Just smile.” Minho said simply. “Just smile everytime I look at you.”