In One Condition

Perfect Two

 “Anyhow, you can't keep her as yours.” Minho said as they sat on the living area together talking about the plans on what to do regarding the child. “We are not in our own country. We are only limited to the things we can do and I know you know that. This is something we cannot just do.”

 

Yeojin looked up with a worried face, “But what about her? She's helpless and innocent of all the things that are happening. She was given to me. Don't you think I have the responsibility to take care of her?”

 

“No, you don't have any.” Minho immediately answered back, determined to stop her if she had any plans of keeping the child. “First, you are not the mother of the child. Second, you are innocent of this thing as well.”

 

“But what can I do?”

 

“Just like what your friend said, we should take her to the police station, or in the social welfare department if you want to ensure her safety.”

 

Yeojin shook her head and looked at the baby again, making sure she was still asleep. “Didn't you remember what the letter said? The mother didn't want her to be in a social welfare department because no one would properly take care of her there! And I think she's not safe! She needs to be with someone that would really take care of her!”

 

“Let someone else do it! You don't have to take charge!” Minho said a bit louder and it caused the baby to eventually wake up. Yeojin saw it and immediately cradled her, but it was too late because the child started crying.

 

Yeojin stood up and cradled her carefully, “Hush, honey ~ It's okay ~ Please go back to sleep~” She said gently while dancing along to some unheard music. “Mommy's gonna take care of you~”

 

“You're not his mommy.” Minho whispered, still trying to stress out that she isn't responsible of her at any cost. Yeojin tried like she didn't hear him, and still tried to stop the baby from crying.

 

But none of it worked. She looked for the bag and opened it using one hand, with the other still carrying and cradling the crying baby. She didn't seek any of Minho's help, for she knew he wasn't willing to help her either. But Minho couldn't stay still for he decided to help her in the end. “What are you looking for?”

 

“If there's any milk in her bag.” She said and it was Minho who continued searching and found a can of powdered milk on the very bottom of the bag. There was a note pasted on the can and it was an instruction on the serving of the milk. Minho followed it as he took an empty and clean baby bottle inside the bag as well. He then ran to the kitchen to get some water. Not long after, he came back while shaking the bottled milk in his hand.

 

“Here.” He gave it to her and she looked at him.

 

“That should not be too hot and too cold.”

 

“I followed the measurement of where the hot water should only be. I'm certain this is good enough.”

 

“Taste it..”

 

“Why?!” Minho looked at her in surprise and disbelief. “You really want me to drink a baby milk? No way.”

 

“You were with Jonghyun's son right after Soeun gave birth to him. You should know these things. Come on, taste it and let's see if it's really good enough.” Yeojin fought back, getting him defeated which eventually lead him into tasting the milk. He nodded and immediately gave it to her. Yeojin then carefully put it into the baby's mouth and she quickly stopped crying and just on her milk. Yeojin sighed and smile in relief. “Aigoo~ You were just hungry.” She said dearingly.

 

Minho notice yet again that loving expression on Yeojin's face as she stared down at the child. She has fallen deeply attached to her and it felt like she didn't want to be seperated with her anymore. He sighed and without any words, silently pulled her arm over to ask her to sit down with her on the couch.

 

Yeojin looked at her, with half of her attention to the child who was still on her milk. “Yeojin-ah... I understand you... I know. That baby looked so precious and angelic, but...”

 

“But I can't keep her with me?” She asked to which Minho nodded. “She was given to me, can I just decide on what to do with her alone?” She didn't look mad or disappointed. There was rather a hint of her pleading to just let Minho have what she wanted.

 

“She is my responsibility, too. We were together when she was given to you, and the bag was given to me, so the woman really regarded us as one. If you looked at it, it seemed like the woman really left the baby to the both of us.”

 

“Then... can we just take care of her?” She asked straightly.

 

“But Yeojin...”

 

“Yes, yes I know...” She said and noticed that the baby was done drinking her milk. She took out the bottle and placed it somewhere, then she gently wiped her face with the towel and assured that she was asleep again. “I know she is not our responsibility, but can't you see how fragile she is? I don't want her to experience anything painful during her childhood. She doesn't deserve any hurt. She's a pure angel.” Unconsciously, tears were about to fall on her eyes and Minho was aware of it as he saw some sparkle on her eyes.

 

“Oh, no, Yeojin, you can't cry. Hey.” Minho said and panicked a little. “I was just being cautious and worried about the consequences if we keep her.”

 

“It would be fine, I promise you...” She said gently. “Who knows one day her mom decides that she wants her to get her back... then, she could just go and see us, and then get her baby. If we take her somewhere else and leave her then the baby might be completely lost from her mother. I don't want that to happen.”

 

Minho was about to say something, until Yeojin looked at her with teary eyes and nose that was reddish because she had been supressing her cry.

 

“Can I tell you this? I feel like she's a gift sent from above to me.” She smiled at Minho. “I've been through so many hurt, and there was nothing, and no one, that could make me feel better. It's been two months, but honestly? The wound hasn't gotten any better. It's still there, I just, all the time, try my best not to remember anything. Maybe there's a reason why I stumbled in the Philippines out of so many countries to I could go to. Maybe she was destined to be given to me because I would only have her in my life. I won't be able to bear any child, Minho... you know I have that sickness, so... don't you think that perhaps... she's a daughter I'll raise and love forever like mine?”

 

Those sincere and heartwarming words overwhelmed Minho. He was deeply touched by how she looked while she was saying all those words. It came straight from her heart, and he knew very well that she meant every word of it. It was hard, to accept the baby, and take care of her, but if that's what she wanted, then he had to be with her, and not leave her alone.

 

“Okay, I'll let you keep that child... but in one condition.”

 

“What condition?”

 

“You need to live here with me.”

 

“Huh?!” Yeojin's eyes widened in surprise. “Why?!”

 

“Because I need to ensure your safety. I mean, both of you! You said you're living in an apartment with some other girls. You don't want to go around bringing that baby around and bothering some people. Just stay here. Won't it be more convenient and easier for you?”

 

“But....”

 

“Look, we have no other option. You live far away from here and I can't go back and forth everytime just to check on you.”

 

“You don't need to check on us, Minho-yah.”

 

“You sure about that?” Minho raised an eyebrow to her. “You sure I really can stand not checking on you when I know about this situation?” Eventually he sighed and shook his head, raised both his hands and looked at her. “We're done for today. Just sleep there next room with the baby and I'll drive you tomorrow to your dorm after my meeting with the students so we could get your things.”

 

“But..”

 

“Opps.” Minho looked at her. “It's either you stay here or I'll force you to bring that child to the social welfare development center?”

 

“Fine.” Eventually, Yeojin gave up.


A/N: Again, do not expect heavy and dramatic scenes from this story because basically, I just want Yeojin to be happy, so yes, I'm spoiling her, and this story is such a Yeojin biased. :D