I'll Never Go Home Late Again

Perfect Two

 “Minho Choi!!” One professor shouted as others followed him behind. Minho stopped and threw a smile to the professor, waiting for them to get close to him. “Are you going home?”

 

“Yes.” Minho shortly answered and nodded with a smile. He has been in the academy for a week now, and starting to gain friends from the faculty. “I need to be home by 6.”

 

“Why?” They asked him but Minho wasn't able to answer. He didn't know how to tell them that he needed to go home as early as possible because he's worried of Yeojin and Angel who were only left together in the house.

 

“Well...”

 

“Why don't you join us? We are having drinks at the nearest bar tonight.” One of them quickly invited in a friendly manner, making it difficult for Minho to even refuse. “Come on, I heard you're single. There are lots of girls there and you can find someone who's your type.” He tried harder convincing him.

 

“Come on, Minho, let's go! We want to get closer to you, buddy.” Other guys also started convincing him so in the end, Minho wasn't able to reject the invitation.

 

They went on a bar located South from the Academy where a lot of socialites come to enjoy a night. It was cozy inside and they occupied a bigger table since they were nine all together. Soon, the guys ordered drinks and recommended what he should have, but Minho refused some drinks and only took about three shots.

 

“Excuse me, I'll make a call for a while.” He said and excused himself to leave them for a while just to talk to Yeojin. He went near the exit and dialled her number.

 

“Yeojin-ah...”

 

“Did something come up? Where are you?” Yeojin started talking as soon as she picked up her phone disallowing him to say anything. “It's almost 8pm.”

 

“I was invited to have a drink with some professors in the academy and I have no choice but to go with them since they approched me nicely. Sorry I wasn't able to call beforehand. Have you eaten?”

 

“Not yet. I was waiting for you.” Yeojin answered. “But if you're going to take longer then I'll eat ahead of you.”

 

“I don't think I can go home at this moment. Please eat without me, and make sure to lock all the doors so you'll be safe.”

 

“I got it. Take care.” Yeojin told him and ended the call immediately.

 

For some unknown reason, he felt worried and guilty of leaving the two at home during the night. He really wanted to go home, but for sure the guys won't stop questioning why it seemed really urgent for him to go home when everybody knew he has no one with him at home.

 

Sitting back down, he smiled but the other guys were looking at him. “Why?”

 

“Was that a girl?” One guy asked and smirked. “Like honestly, you seemed so bothered all this time that were together, and you kept on looking at your watch. We thought you were single, but were you keeping a girl in your house?”

 

“Ooohhhh~” The guys with him at the table started teasing and feeling suspicious about him.

 

“Yah. Yah. Yah.” One guy called everybody's attention. “Have you heard the rumors Ms. Jille was spreading the day she met Minho and toured him around the campus?” Other guys gathered closer to listen to him. Meanwhile, Minho wasn't bothered by it and his mind was still in the house thinking if the two were okay. “She said Minho is a player. She said he toyed with him while he was seeing another girl, who even called him on skype.”

 

“I wasn't toying with her.” Minho quickly redeemed himself when he heard that sentence. “Okay, fine. Yes. I don't have a girlfriend, but there's someone in my home.” He revealed so as to end whatever it is that was running inside their head. “She's a friend back in my country and she went here months ahead of me. We met the day I went in the academy for the first time but due to some situation, I ended up asking her to live with me in the house.” He explained and noticed the weird expression on the guys faces. “Oh no! No! We are not what you are thinking. We're just friends!” He insisted.

 

“Old but fail excuse.” One of them uttered. “So what was the situation?”

 

He hesitated first before answering. “It was something important.” He simply said without explaining further.

 

“And you have no relationship with her? Wow! Have you scored?”


“Hey!” He threw an offending glance to the guy who said it. “I have no intention to do so! Never! I respect her!” he insisted.

 

“Maybe she's ugly... or she's not his type...” They all laughed when another guy said it. “She probably looked like a maid so Minho thinks he's living with a caretaker.” They all laughed again.

 

“You don't know what you're talking about.” Minho only chuckled and shook his head. “She's a model.” He said and looked at them almost one by one. “She looks like an actress from a Korean drama. She's that pretty, mind you all.”

 

“If she's that pretty then I doubt you haven't scored.”

 

“I told you I respect her, and she's not someone you just think wrongly of.” He insisted but the guys were persistent about it.

 

“Then I doubt your respect will stand that long.” He chuckled and looked at Minho. “It's not about how you think of her... it's how about your body reacts.”

 

Upon hearing that, Minho suddenly became nervous and uneasy. He knew himself really well, and as a guy, he also knew he has the tendency to be aggressive and out of his mind. That was probably the reason why he decided not to drink. He didn't want to go home drunk, making Yeojin even take care of him. No. That isn't part of the things she should do in the house.

 

If you look at it in someone's perspective, it would be really hard for a young profound guy to live with a very beautiful girl, not to mention how y she was for real. He realized he wasn't thinking all along. He wasn't able to assess if he would act so normal around her forever. What if that situation just comes in and he has in no position to stop himself?

 

Looking back, he remembered how Yeojin looked that morning while wearing his shirt. He remembered how hot it was seeing Yeojin in that clothing, and now, he wished it won't happen again – or wish it would – but was afraid of how he would feel this time.

 

Shaking his head and easing out the thoughts in his mind, he stood up. There was no point making himself stay there when these guys already know the reason why he didn't want to stay late.

 

Arriving back at home, Minho was expectingYeojin to be in her room sleeping already. However, as he entered the house, he saw Yeojin sleeping at the couch in the living area. She probably fell asleep waiting for him to return home.

 

“Aigoo...” Minho sighed. “Do you like the couch better than your bed, Yeojin-ah?” He sighed and placed his bag on the next couch. “Yeojin-ah... you should go to your bed now.” He called out to wake her up but Yeojin didn't even respond or move. “Yeojin-ah...” He called out again but she was still sleeping.

 

He then decided to do as what he did before: carrying her to the bed while making sure she won't wake up.

 

As he leaned closer to pick her up, Yeojin's head suddenly moved causing their faces to almost bumped into each other. He had a mini heart attack after having his lips almost crushed agains her. Good thing he was able to avoid it immediately. He made a sigh of relief and carefully started carrying her again.

 

While he was carrying her to the room, he smelled a sweet scent coming from her. She really smelled nice and that's what he always thought. When he was about to enter her room, he was shocked when Yeojin suddenly lifted her arms and wrapped it around his neck. “Minho-yah... don't stay too long. Do you know I'm afraid to be left alone?”

 

He looked at her to see if she was still sleeping or she woke up. She was fast asleep, and he didn't know if she was dreaming or what. “Minho-yah... don't leave me. I'm scared.” She repeated and Minho was confused again.

 

Minho placed her in the bed with so many thoughts coming into his mind. What made her say that? Was she really afraid the whole time that he was away?

 

After placing a blanket on her, Minho carefully caressed her forehead and sighed. “I'll never go home late again.”