She's Back

Perfect Two

“Yeojin-ah.” Yeojin was about to go out of car, but Minho called her for a while getting her attention. “I’m leaving in 3 days.”

 

“Oh.” Yeojin was a bit surprised but eventually smiled and nodded. “I have to stay here longer to fix some things, and then I’ll follow you.” She said.

 

“How about we just go home together? I’ll wait for you.”

 

“It’s okay.” Yeojin said and placed her hand above his. “Go home first and wait for me there. I’ll follow you probably just few days after you leave. Don’t worry. I won’t take much long here.” They looked at each other for few seconds until she talked again. “We’ve already agreed on this, right? And besides, they are already expecting you to be home in three days. For sure your mom and dad misses you a lot, and so are your friends.”

 

“Fine. If that’s what you want. But you need to be sure you won’t take too long here, okay? And you’re going to follow me immediately in Korea.”

 

“Yes, I will, sir.” Yeojin chuckled. “But you need to promise me something.”

 

“What?”

 

“I want the both of us to tell them about our relationship, so you have to keep them a secret before I come back.”

 

“Still?” Minho frowned and he looked a bit disappointed. “I still need to hide this from them when I get back?”

 

She nodded. “Yes, but we are going to tell them anyway, when I come back.” She winked which only made Minho chuckle and agree. “Yey! Thank you! Oh, yeah. You should go now and fix whatever it is that you need to fix before leaving the academy.”

 

“Okay. Get inside now and have some rest.” He smiled and automatically reached for her cheek and planted a soft kiss over there. “I’ll call you later.”

 

“I’ll wait.” Yeojin uttered and received another kiss from Minho. “Why again?”

 

“The other kiss is for Minjin. I haven’t seen him lately. Tell him I miss him.” He said to which she nodded and smiled sheepishly.

 

She said goodbye before finally getting off the car. She waited until Minho was able to leave the place and then she entered the apartment.

 

While Minho was on his way to academy, he heard a buzz on his phone and when he checked it, Lee Jinki who was online on skype alerted him. He wore an earpiece and decided to just call his hyung.

 

“What’s up, hyung?” Minho asked as soon as Jinki picked up the call from Skype.

 

“How is it going? See you in 3 days?”

 

“I guess so.” He shrugged his shoulders as he looked both mirrors to look at the road and his position.

 

“Alright. And marriage in few more months.” Jinki teased though Minho was surprised to hear about that.

 

“What do you mean marriage, hyung?”

 

“I mean your childhood sweetheart.” Jinki said and his laughed was heard on the other line. “I didn’t know you already have a girl ever since you’re young, and now she’s here to get you.”

 

“I don’t understand.” Minho was confused and clueless about what he was talking about.

 

“We heard from auntie about this girl you used to be friends with during your childhood. You separated because she left and went to Canada. Now, she’s back and she told auntie she wants to marry you.”

 

“Huh?!” Minho almost stepped on the brake when he heard what Jinki said. “She wants to marry me? But I don’t even know her!” He shouted over the call – both in panic and in surprise. “How could she randomly just talk to omma like that?!”

 

“I know why you’re in panic.” Jinki kept on laughing on the other line. “Because you know your mother will gladly accept the person and even help her prepare for your wedding.”

 

He facepalmed upon hearing that from his hyung. “Don’t tell me omma is tolerating this girl?”

 

“Well, I don’t know what you call that…” Jinki thought for a while before answering. “But I see this girl often in the Pasta House and she and your mom seems to be in good terms. Soeun once told me she heard the two conversing about what could possibly the theme of your wedding – and who are the possible guests.”

 

“This is crazy, like seriously.” Minho shook his head as he tried to stay focused on driving.

 

“I’m surprised you didn’t know.”

 

“I call omma all the time but she never said something about this.”

 

“Oh well, your mother probably just treats her nicely and that doesn’t really mean anything. Anyways, you’ll be here in three days so you can fix it anyway. Are we going to pick you up in the airport?”

 

“No need. I can manage anyway.” Minho answered. “Hyung, thanks for the information. I won’t be too surprised and flabbergasted.” He said before finally hanging up.

 

Suddenly, he remembered her childhood friend and how the two of them were close during their younger years. But they were so young back then – as young as 4 and 6 yers old. For two years, the two of them were bestfriends until the girl was brought to Canada when she was six. They were not able to talk to each other after that and no communication at all.

 

That’s why if she was the same girl she used to be closed with before, then Minho didn’t know how on Earth she was able to locate him.

 

Without further thoughts, he dialled his mom’s number and called her for on a long distance phone call. He waited for only few seconds before his mom finally picked it up.

 

“Omma! What is happening?!” He immediately asked her in a bit loud and irritating voice.

 

“What?”

 

“About you and some girl clicking together and talking about marrying me!” He told her straight.

 

“Who told you?”

 

“It’s not important.”

 

“Must be one of the boys.” His mother sighed and though he didn’t see, he knew she shook her head in dismay. “And Choi Minho, he’s not ‘some girl’. She is Cha Sung Hee, your old friend. My bestfriend’s only daughter.

 

“Ah. So it’s really Sung Hee.” He nodded to himself and smiled in sarcasm. “I don’t think it is right to just prepare or think of marriage without telling me, omma.”

 

“I’m sorry, my son. I am just excited about it.”  Suddenly, his mother’s voice softened and it seemed that she was excited by telling him now. “It’s just that… Sunghee grew well and she’s so beautiful. You know what? She is a fashion designer in Canada and recently, she opened her own boutique here and-“

 

“Mom, mom, I get it. You like her. You don’t need to say more.” Minho was more pissed off and just asked his mother to stop. Sure, she would like Sunghee. She knew her from when they were still young and Sunghee’s mother was more like his mother’s sibling.

 

“I am just so happy because she personally find us to meet you again. She told me she remembered how both of you promised to each other that you’ll marry her.”

 

“But that is like... 15 years ago?” Minho wanted to laugh and treat it as a joke.

 

“Whatever. I like her and you can’t do anything about that. Aish~ this boy. Why don’t you like the girls that I want for you? If you only searched for Yeojin there in the Philippines and court her and take her back here with you and just marry each other soon then it’ll be even much better – but again, you don’t like my idea.”

 

“I’m going to search for her then.” Minho said and almost wanted to just tell her everything – but he’s keeping the promise to Yeojin about not telling anyone about their relationship yet.

 

“It’s too late. You’ll be here in 3 days now how are you going to find her and court her? You have no more time so just go home and take a chance with Sunghee. Bye.” That’s it and she just randomly hanged up.

 

“Aish, omma… wait till we get back.” He shook his head and he could only sigh.


A/N: So who is this girl? hmmm ~